The GODSAW needs to be renamed to the GODAWFUL.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Angry Scientist, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Angry Scientist

Because it really, truly, completely is.

The SAW has its virtues, but what's the requirements? That's right. Compensator, Adv grip, and notably, NO HVA. What does the GODSAW have? The polar opposite.

The extra 50 rounds isn't even useful, since the situations where it'd come up you're dead. Because of poor firerate, bloom, and poor control.

Frankly, the GODSAW needs to be inversed. 50 rounds, same reload. Strip HVA or give it for free. It's not worth the drawbacks. Give the thing the advanced grip. Improve its handling when ADS'd and moving.

Congrats! Then it becomes a more mobile SAW. Actually goddamn useful.
    • Up x 1
  2. Bazmatties

Just make the Orion an NS weapon and end this debate.
  3. Alarox

The GODSAW has HVA, compensator, and extended magazines right?

I'm not sure why they thought the Gauss Saw needed more recoil, CoF, and shots/magazine.
    • Up x 5
  4. RykerStruvian

Just don't use it.

But, I will also say that the Gauss SAW, considering it is a SAW, should have a tripod...if it is so ****** while being mobile, then give it the alternate fire of being a fixed position weapon for suppression.
  5. _itg

No, the GODSAW is the directive variant of the Gauss SAW. You need to make the Betelgeuse NS to end THIS debate. :)

On a serious note, I think it would be interesting if the GODSAW were made into a CQC-oriented Gauss SAW. Keep the 150 round mag, stick an advanced laser sight on it, maybe tweak some other stats as necessary. It probably wouldn't be great, but at least it would be interesting and in keeping with the directive weapons' tradition of doing "weird" attachment setups.
    • Up x 1
  6. Xasapis

I like the thread title.
    • Up x 3
  7. Angry Scientist

'Balance'.

Honestly, though, I basically just want a fully kitted out saw with Orion handling, aka .75 and lessened movement accuracy penalties.

Just for a day. See how the VS like it.
    • Up x 1
  8. TriumphantJelly

You know that all of those "moving accuracy penalties" were given more than one big nerf on the VS .75 weapons, right?

Don't worry, I'd love it if no NC heavy was able to hit me at all, cos a moving accuracy nerf for the SAW would render it a stationary-use-only weapon.

/Sarcasm.

EDIT: If the SAW was able to strafe at long range whilst remaining accurate, it'd be LOOOOOOONG past 'borderline' OP.
  9. Hicksimus

I <3 the godsaw! There's really only one very specific situation where it performs great but in that situation it's indeed the godsaw.
  10. NCstandsforNukaCola

As far as I know, GODSAW only has HVA positive effects and other than that, it is basic saw without proper attachments.

* Forgot 50 rounds ex mag.
  11. AFK1

Imagine that, awful NC equipment!

SOE would be ignoring the NC's "faction trait" if they gave the NC decent weapons
  12. Angry Scientist

The NC faction trait is 'situationally powerful', my friend. Things like the Scatmax, air hammer, and the reaver's rush down game.

And the other part is when they get nerfed because people can't handle the NC adapting to force those situations to utilize the equipment to its maximum potential. See the original 'NC can't get buffed because of good players' line that nearly crushed our infantry weaponry overhauls.
  13. sindz

Yeah heaven forbid NC actually gets a bad weapon when they clearly has the best selection of weapons of all the factions and doesnt get watered down copies unlike TR and VS.

NC really have a tough time.
  14. K2k4

I dunno by the time you have auraxiumed all of your lmgs does it matter how it handles. You should be able to kick *** with a paintball gun at this point.
    • Up x 1
  15. Hiperion

I called the NC6-TITANSAW
  16. Bankrotas

Nah, it's Crapsaw, because Saw is important part of the name, not far worse than ****saw, from which it hails.

You wish. I have 33 auraxiums and am still a bit above mediocore :p
    • Up x 1
  17. Morti

i'm disappointed they didn't snatch the opportunity to create a next damage tier weapon for the godsaw.
  18. BobSanders123

Would be nice if they lowered magazine sizes and increased RPM. Then it will feel like an elite mobile shock troopers weapon.
  19. Drasilov

And yet you see players owning with it. I've been sniped by a Godsaw on many occasions.

No weapon is crap in the right hands. I made a post complaining about the Artemis VX26 and yet...
  20. z1967

It would have been interesting and pretty NC with that kind of set up. 250 damage per shot and an ultra slow ROF (no more DPS than the normal SAW) make it a headshot meat mincer and an all around powerhouse. Downsides include low sustained accuracy, 50 round magazine, and other balancing factors to keep the good range but cut down on the raw killing power.
    • Up x 1