The Game is Dying!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by prodavit, Nov 18, 2015.

1. prodavit

Well lets not kid our-self the game is pretty mucha ghost town. Maybe alittle more lively on friday nights but the populations have been going down. I played PS2 last night, and it was pretty hard to find a good battle. Maybe it's drfferent on the PS4 but no PC the populations are really low. I think it might be time to merg server again.

Also, this game have on advertisements. At lest I see Warframe on steam front store page here and there after a big update. It's like you guys want this game to die out.

I spend too much money on this game for that to happen -_-
  2. HadesR

Fallout 4

Tonight / 2moro it will be SWBF

All have and will take a hit on PS2's population ..

That's adding to the general bleed the game has had over the years , and yes it might be time for them to look into merges or at the very least looks at reducing the game to just one open continent during off peak hours ( On Connery at least )
    • Up x 1
  3. prodavit

lets combine Emral and connery :)
  4. Xiad

"Dying"

You are so late to the party.
  5. RIctavius

No. And No.

Chill out if you think ded gaem, then jump ship I won't shed a tear for you.
    • Up x 1
  6. KirthGersen

EU servers have to be merget into one same as US.
    This will return acceptable pop (up to 700-900 players for each faction in primetime) for some time.
    • Up x 1
  7. Littleman

Wrong advice to give for a game that needs players upset with it more than it needs apathetic nay-sayers that think it's fine.

Only way I'll really respect DGC at this point is if EQN is mind blowing or I'm in charge of development. No guarantees on the quality if I'm in charge, but it is going to be hard to do any worse.
    • Up x 1
  8. TheFlamingLemon

Fire is hot
  9. Ronin Oni

SWBF, COD, Fallout4

It's release of the flagships time of year, ALL games suffer massive player drops
  10. TheFlamingLemon

I don't see how any of those games, even fallout, can try to match this game's longevity. Directives take so long to complete and reaching a high BR takes a very long time as well. Unlocking everything is nearly impossible. It's honestly my favorite thing about this game.
  11. Megalegs

OP

As soon as you're born and all that...

I imagine loudly shouting how rubbish the game is getting will not achieve your aims of attracting more people.

It's quite good fun still isn't it?
    • Up x 1
  12. Weterman

It all started the moment the game was released. They made a new update, and didn't even test it in beta! The update was **** and had bugs. Also, the first thing you do in the game is die, they instant actioned you to a place where a battle was. When that happens to a new player, they die instantly. So most of the new players that would have gave this game a good base just left because the game was put together by an idiot basically. I mean, who holds a game in beta for years to just release it with more bugs than it had in beta?
    • Up x 1
  13. Weterman

It's only fun because it's a shooter and it's not 100% broken.
  14. DeadlyPeanutt

as server pops shrink, balance issues become more noticeable... class balance and battle pop balance sucks and needs some big fixes... most of the time i just pop around the front looking for a half way even battle, and failing, mostly

the good news is, i'm DLing alien swarm which is supposed to be a lot of fun :)
  15. toast2250

Ah, finally, here we go,..

Would not pay a dime for any of these dense dank games and here is why!

Fallout4
    "Fallout 4 Is Full of Bugs, But Fixing Them Could Ruin It.„
    http://www.wired.com/2015/11/fallout-4-bugs/

So that developer guy is actually acknowledging the bugs and the fact that its the way of Bethesda.
    Good thing that its not just me and that those clunky felling bugs actually exist.
    My car should be made like this, the steering wheel and what not should sometimes come off loose to make it more interesting while driving, it would be the way of [insert car maker brand here], just like Bethesda.

Fallout is rather well known but I personally was turned off at the start of Fallout 3, clunky feeling, NPC's blocking path. Could not care about Fallout 1 or 2 either because I played more high quality games at that time like TotalAnnihilation and HalfLife,..

There are many bad games out there not worth the time, but Fallout 4 should not be one of them. They should have improved by now. They made millions? Good for them.

SWBF, COD, Mass Effect
    Not worth my time. Not my thing. By intuition I couldn't care less, not even trying them out. There is no need to buy, try and submit opinion on every game possible in high detail.

"You can’t pull out a gun in Mass Effect unless the game decides it is Designated Gun Time.„ http://www.wired.com/2015/11/fallout-4-bugs/

Good to know.

PS2
    I hope that the game will bring more people in and make it more interesting with the release of resource mining/building.

For a free game of its technical scale, demanding nothing in return really,.. its quite good. Metacritic users also give it a rather modest 7/10.

ACTUAL RETAIL VALUES OF GAMES
    Everyone has their right to a sses what is and what is not of value to them.

So here is what I think is the value of the games that are flooding the world.
    http://www.metacritic.com/

Discarding of what review publishers of pc game's think,.. I take the,
    Userscore / 10 x Games retail $ = New price of the game

In Fallout's 4 case,
    5.3 score / 10 x 60 $ = 31.8$
    Or in other words 5.3 is 53% (half) of the full games retail value.
  16. customer548

Just make a reroll on the server of your choice ?
    It may be way faster rather than asking for costly actions in terms of expenses and time lost by Devs.
  17. RykerStruvian

Every year (more so the past two years) someone(s) says that. Anyone who doesn't believe it is seriously just being absolutely ignorant. Steam stats have shown this game has been in a steady decline, server pops / unique logins have been in a decline. It doesn't matter if its a new game being released or anything, the fact is the game is losing players.

We've already gone through this over and over again, you've been shown the numbers over and over again. So far, DBG hasn't done anything to boost the population (ie: reserves?) and this game isn't being advertised either. The game is already buried and being milked for whoever is sticking around. I'm just surprised the EU servers haven't been merged yet with the US ones. But once again, the numbers on both steam stats / pop stats have been declining for the past two years. Over a course of one year, almost every server suffered an average population hit of almost 50%.

Unique logins for Emerald almost never go higher than 1.2-1.5k per day (prime time). Off hours, average numbers are 100-150 players across three factions for Emerald. Really though, I don't have to prove jack to anyone because I can just do something else (which I've been doing) and I'll be right. So whatever, pretend the game isn't dead.

Like, all this information is available to people. The game's stats aren't magical numbers people are pulling out of random.

Heres the last thread I remember:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...on-decline-anyone-notice.227730/#post-3208113

But nope. The game isn't dying. Nope. Can't be possible. Nope nope nope. Regardless of what the numbers say. I'll just keep my head buried in the sand.
    • Up x 4
  18. n0pax

Pretty much sums up the intelligence level and hospitality level of a Planetside 2 player in one simple and brief post. You my friend embody everything wrong with this game and why it has failed and desperately needs a merger.

Honestly merging Emerald and Connery and the two EU servers will help for a few months, but with the population bleeding they really need one worldwide server. Even then it will still be hurting a bit for players but would at least allow us to send PS2 out with one final bang before it sunsets.

These threads always turn into a discussion of why and/or how to fix the issue but the reality is the game is done. Could it be saved? Perhaps by a more competent company/dev team but certainly not by this one.

The sole discussion worthy topic is when will the final events occur? How long until we get the 4 main servers merged into 2? How long until those 2 go into 1? Does the game shutdown before Christmas 2016 or after?
  19. Eternaloptimist

What is it with all the death notices being posted today/yesterday? It's like reading the friggin' obituary column in the newspaper. Except the newspaper is actually reporting facts.

I see the game getting better since DBG took over.
  20. user101

They need to go back to VERSION 8 of PS2 (beta) with real PhysX and real weapons. Let the big boys play Version 8 on its own server. DBCG would have money flowing in by the tons.
  21. CNR4806

Pop will be good until it dies again, but language barriers and latency will be absolutely hilarious till the very end.