the FPS counter says CPU

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Masyaka, May 17, 2016.

1. TeknoBug

I just tried this on my HTPC (it only has 4GB ram right now, the second stick died) and it went from 1.9GB used while idling down to 1.0-1.3GB, nice discovery on that one. What in particular does NDU do?
  2. Masyaka

where do i have to type HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu 4?
    Console?
  3. TeknoBug

Search for that path in regedit and reboot after you change the value of "Start" to 4.
  4. AtckAtck

@TeknoBug:

The NDU service is a network quality monitoring service.
    What it exactly does, the hell I know. I guess it is part of server-client monitoring structure.

I've even tried MS Support Pages trying to find out what it is really for, and failed. There simply is no info available.
    I turn if off on every PC and never have I had problems with it being off before.

I did have the memory leak though with it being on: On Playing games or downloading games on steam it would fill my RAM up to the 32 GB until it finally crashes. All because the monitored data wouldn't be cleared from ram correctly.

Other than that I also takes a lot of RAM even without the leak, like you observed.
  5. Masyaka

I think i dont have that NDU thing. I didnt had any memory "leaks" at any time, except when damn game gets up to 2,2 GB and crashes because had no place to put all these cosmetics... argh..:(
  6. Masyaka

HUH LOL PUTTING THE PRIORITY IN THE PROCESS MANAGER TO LOW GAVE ME +10-15 FPS

but multipled my load times by x10... sad