The Forward grip does nothing for the GD-7F and may do nothing for your weapon.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Scrimps, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Scrimps

I been messing around with attachments and different weapons today. Checking out the recoil, what each attachment helps with and what side the weapon recoils towards (pulls left, right or goes straight up).
    I recently picked up the GD-7F, on paper, the best all around LA weapon (of course, you pick weapons based on situations). After using it for a couple days, I noticed that the weapon felt the same before and after I picked up the forward grip. So I decided to do a wall test at the warp gate.
    Turns out, the forward grip does nothing for the GD-7F at all. The recoil is identical both with, and without it.
    here is a screenshot of the wall shots. On the left is with the forward grip, and on the other is without. A full clip each.

http://i.imgur.com/6EhTm.jpg
  2. disky00

ZE FORWARD GRIP, IT DOES NOTHING!

Damn shame, I was planning on picking it up, too. Thanks for the info.
  3. SixVoltSamurai

All the grip does is reduce horizontal recoil, if it doesn't have a heavy side sway then it won't do much. I'm not familiar with the GD7 but if it's similar to the rest of the carbines then it doesn't have much of that to begin with.
  4. Murderus

kinda disappointed....was really looking forward to a 3.4x scope with a forward grip on my Gauss Burst for a little range
  5. ThundaHawkPS

the GD7 pulls left. I also tested the with/without in the warpgate and there's virtually no difference in the recoil. Maybe, maybe the forward grip is currently bugged and the GD7 is secret OP if they fix it.

Sony please fix.
  6. Murderus

ah didnt realize....whats the recoil on the Gauss Burst?
  7. Erendil

A wall test is not a very precise way to test the effect of a foregrip because the bullet holes are huge and any improvement in recoil/shot grouping granted by the foregrip would be difficult to spot due to the tight grouping that is inherent in shooting a close range target.

A much better test would be to equip your weapon w/ a 4x scope, shoot at a distance target (100m+), and watch the shot group formed by your tracers - preferably at night and at a target in shadow so your tracers show up better.

If you do this you should see that all automatic weapons benefit from the foregrip because in addition to it correcting an overall left/right drift caused by the recoil, it also tightens your shot group in general (at least the horizontal vector deviation). If after testing this way you still don't see any difference then yeah, there could very well be a bug w/ the foregrip on that weapon.
  8. Abrotherinarm

Tested it with the lc2 lynx, it does seem to work abit, the foregrip. but your only going to notice it when shooting 25m+ on the wall.
  9. M2Combat

The fore-grip works just fine. It changes the spread from a circle to more of an oval. Humanoid targets are somewhat oval shaped...