The Flare.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Upgraded434, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Saool

I love the Flare. It does need tooling up though (x2 reflex, compensator, forward grip and soft point for me).

I'm nearly done Auraxiuming the SVA-88 but will more than likely go back to the Flare once I am done. I lose so many fights where the opponent is on bugger all health at the end and I'm thinking the Flare would have won.

But more than all of this, I just love it's deep, heavy slugger feel.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pondera

I'll say this about the Flare. At 75 shots, it takes FOREVER to run through the entire clip. You can tear through an entire squad of TR/NC, as well as their significant others, and still have ammo for 2nd spawnings before you need to reload.
    • Up x 1
  3. ohknoh

The flare is awesome. Great stopping power, soft point ammo means it's max damage range is good. In 5 meters or less, yeah it's not the best, hip fire and strafe for your life. Once you learn it's recoil, it's excellent at medium range combat. Not great at long range though, it's horizontal recoil will throw rounds everywhere, and it's first shot recoil is pretty high too.

Still it's my go to weapon, I've had more success with it than the Sva-88. Might be just a mental thing, but when I have soft point ammo, I feel unstoppable in medium range combat.
    • Up x 1
  4. Bl4ckVoid

I started using the Flare again to get the Auraxium (60 kills left), and it is quite good at medium range (40-80meters).
    Best place to use: Amp station roof with supressor when there is fight in the courtyard.

It has a low COF, which means it is more accurate at range than Orion / SVA, etc. Only the Ursa has the same low cof.
  5. wickedhell3

i actually use flare with extended mag,high velocity rounds, and a compensator (iron sight ;D) on burst fire if you know how to control it you can kill almost anyone coming your way without having to reload or fiddle around with timing your burst fire on auto mode