The Flare.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Upgraded434, Jan 14, 2014.

1. acksbox

Longer TTK though, especially at range.

High recoil doesn't imply uncontrollable. It's nearly all vertical, and is predictable.
  2. Van Dax

compared to cross faction equivalents it has more side to side, so its less manageable.
  3. NCstandsforNukaCola

Why choose 0.5x ADS movement when you can use 0.75x ones?
  4. BlueSeventy

It really depends on how much time you spend with it.

The Orion is an amazing LMG with enough practice. This being because the mid-long ranges require headshots for the killing power to be competitive with other LMGs. It's a good weapon in the hands of a newbie.

The SVA-88 is a very solid all-around weapon, having great recoil and accuracy. It's a decent weapon in the hands of a newbie.

The Flare is a decent long-ranged gun, but if you aren't the kind of guy that aims straight for the head, you will lose most 1v1s and often won't be able to make quick kills and dash back to cover in time (you will die). Newbies should stay away.

Just how I look at these LMGs IMO, consider these 3 our best.
  5. VoidMagic

The Sexy Vanu @ss kicker, kicks exactly 88% more @ss than other LMG's.
    I'd say in her "class", but, lets be honest the SVA88, she has no class, she does
    whatever you ask her too... usually, with more than a little excitement and...
    I swear at times I hear her giggle.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ohmlink

I like the Flare at around 10-15 meters, it just has a sweet spot there for me. Puts down targets quickly and is pretty accurate to boot, I honestly don't see a reason to use the Ursa other than the neat model.
    • Up x 1
  7. acksbox

The Ursa's sweet spot is at five to ten times that range, where the 6.67% velocity advantage and lesser recoil can give it a tangible advantage.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bankrotas

Except, it also is only 167 damage lmg that has 0.2 side to side horizontal recoil.
  9. sindz

Flare >>>> Ursa

The ursa is pure garbage. The flare maintains 577 ROF and is accurate and only cost 250. The fact that the ursa is 1k certs and has a crap ROF is beyond me.

But I guess when you have guns like the CME in the VS arsenal, nothing should surprise me.
  10. PastalavistaBB

CME is incredibly accurate with only 652 rpm and 143 damage. It's basically the NS11A which has the same price. It might be a good thing to tune it a bit.
  11. sindz

Its a bit OT, but NS-11A is better than CME on every single stat and they cost the same :) If they reduced CME to 250 it would make a bit sense.
  12. PastalavistaBB

Let's make it 500-750 Certs and we'll have a deal. :cool:
  13. Tentakewls

We have the Equinox for 500 certs which also has the 652/143 model but also has SPA and underbarrel options. CME needs a rework.
    As for the Flare itself, I find it "funny" how VS love this gun but the NC equivalent is seen as garbage despite the fact that it's better.
  14. PastalavistaBB

If you mean the Gauss Saw S, EM6 > Every other LMG. That's why. And don't even make me start on TR LMGs. Total Garbage.
  15. sindz

Ill agree on that, EM6 blows everything out of the water, 600 ROF and pinpoint accuracy. And also agree on TR LMG's are bad as **** except the MSW-R which i kinda like.
  16. PastalavistaBB

MSW-R is a nerfed Orion with Softpoint Ammo and ASL available. Nothing special really. :(
  17. sindz

Yeh I know statswise its not alot compared to Orion, but its fun for the fact that you can use SPA and it has fast reload if you short reload.
  18. Erendil

The MSW-R is hardly what I'd call a "Nerfed Orion."

As of PU02, the MSW-R has:
    • faster short and long reloads
    • better ADS accuracy on the move (Orion got nerfed)
    • lower vertical recoil
    • better hipfire accuracy w/ ALS
    • soft ammo
    The Orion has:
    • .75 ADS movement
    • lower FSM (2.25 vs 2.5)
    • lower horizontal recoil (.2/.225 vs .225/.225)
    • faster Muzzle Velocity (615m/s vs 580m/s)
    Everythnig else but recoil bias (which is player preference) is identical.

So basically the MSW-R user is slightly better at hipfire w/ ALS and SPA, and the Orion user is slightly harder to hit during ADS when not using Overshield.

These two weapons are a helluva lot closer in ability than most TR would like to admit. All else being equal player skill should win out far more often than any stat difference between the two.

I personally would take an Anchor over either one though. :cool:
    • Up x 3
  19. acksbox

I almost never use the Flare without a foregrip and find the recoil pretty manageable. It's vastly more accurate than most LMGs.

The difference between 550 and 577 ROF is not extreme (proportionally its much less than the difference between the Orion and SVA-88, for example), and the Ursa has objectively and subjectively better recoil, much better reload times, as well as higher muzzle velocity.

It is expensive however.
  20. Fortress

The Flare is hilarious with extended mags and a nice tower farm, but not very useful elsewhere.