The Fix That PS2 Deserves: Stop Spawn

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RagingShrubbery, Oct 26, 2013.

1. RagingShrubbery

That's definitely something to consider. Lag would be a problem with that many people all popping out of a couple tubes. The respawn regions is a good idea. Spread people out to stop bottlenecks, and still be able to have the logistics capability. If some large facilities were converted to respawn areas.

A possible problem would be how hard it would be to take one of these respawn locations without being able to respawn nearby yourself. This could be resolved by making the regions have generators of some kind in outlying bases, that, once destroyed, would limit the respawn abilities in some way. That would also add something to the metagame, as destroying these facilities would hinder the teams ability to deploy.

Then again, I can't imagine there would be too many people hanging around the warpgate at any given time, or the same volume of people dying per second, so there may not actually be noticeable fps changes, but who knows.

On a sidenote, I think my biggest problem with the spawn system is it makes all the battles in a given area the same. The ebb and flow of the battle is always very similar, almost like there's invisible lanes leading to and from spawns that people follow. Without the spawn you'd be able to have a perfectly legitimate battle on a bridge or a hillside, and be able to enjoy the variety of terrain more.
  2. RagingShrubbery

I'm not suggesting that people be forced into it. Only people that desire more tactical and logistic gameplay would be playing on the server. There are plenty of players that wouldn't mind taking transport into fights. It would be nice to have a ramp up to the action, the intense moment when you're about to jump into the fray, or the reward of capturing a base when you made a tangible risk in taking it.
  3. TheMercator

I would just remove the stupid AMS-Sunderer. I dont see, why those things are needed. Then add some restrictions for spawning at bases.
  4. Astriania

Logistics would be good but I'm not sure it would be Planetside, i.e. would the players accept it? It would stop overpop being so powerful for taking a whole continent, too - if the defenders' respawn time is 30 seconds and the attackers' 90 then it's going to be really hard to take that last base.
  5. ZeroErrorz

how about adding more point to cap at thoose location,like bridge,hill,etc. maybe by making the point in the location having limited type of spawn certain limit of how many time you can spawn there with drop pod,if the lack of open combat outside points is the reason you asking for spawn removal, ill say that the solution for this is giving reason for people to go there,maybe by adding more point to cap,and reason to do it might solve the problem of spawn lanes making everyone clump in points just to cap them and not going around to enjoy the terrain difersity.
  6. RagingShrubbery

I'm sure many players would accept it, and the rest would never even know. It would definitely help give low pop factions an edge, giving an advantage to defenders on their last stands. It would also make teamwork a force magnifier, so a well coordinated small group can take on a larger unorganized one.