The FART attachment lowers the MCG's bullet damage to 125 maximum.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by hawken is better, Apr 7, 2014.

1. MickeySerendipity

You'd have to get rid of on-the-fly mode switching as well.
  2. Canuk

Meh, I actually prefer the auto shotties or pumps to the Jackhammer, you miss you die you hit you win. Op as hell with perfect aim terrible if not. I am in the latter.
  3. Makora

You know, I wouldn't be so mad about the whole FART debacle IF IT DIDN'T GO INTO THE RAIL SLOT!

With FART the MCG has a TOTAL of 4 attachments. ALL of them occupy the same slot: rail. We can't have scopes, we can't have any barrel attachments. We don't have any ammunition options. All we have are flashlight, laserlight, Ext. mags and now the FART.

And I honestly think Ext. Mags to be a joke of an attachment. It helps, don't get me wrong. But the MCG is a crappy LMG even with it. It should come with 200 per mag as a DEFAULT. With Ext. Mag pumping it up to a full 400. And the FART seems too... un-interesting. We can't have optics and no with zooming becoming what it is becoming... I wish I had this thing auraxiumed so I wouldn't have to finish it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dan_Killian

I find myself running the 100 round mag dry all the time. It has gotten me killed plenty of times; however when I do run dry it is because I just mowed down 3+ enemies. Would I love the 200 round mag to be standard? Of course I would. Would I love the FART to be a barrel attachment so i could use the laser? Of course I would. Would I love the ability to use optics? Nope, the MCG's ADS has probably the best FOV of any gun out there (situational awareness is key).

It about balance. As much as people want to slam the devs for what they perceive to be stupid decisions (some are I will readily admit), they are made for a reason. I routinely play with one of the devs, they understand the problems, but they have to attempt balance. If you gave me the MCG with the FART, laser, and a base 200 round mag I would flat out tell you it would be over powered.

So the question is, how do they balance the MCG so that it does not become the de-facto HA weapon of choice? I think the current PTS version is a good compromise; however I hope that the devs (if this version makes it to live) will gather data and feedback and make adjustments as needed.
  5. Owen W.

As I said in many posts before:

1000 RPM, 112 damage @ 10 meters, 100 damage @ 50 meters, is the solution to the MCG. Forget everything else, add that, then made it underslung.

And what SOE have tried to do with the MCG here is an outrage. A pure attempt at a cashgrab.
  6. Klondor

It may have 100 rounds, but 200 rounds is amazing with a weapon that just vomits bullets. It means you can fire longer, kill more, and reload less. Couple that with an engineer tailing you and shoving ammo up your butt and you have an amazing killing machine and squad support platform.
    • Up x 1
  7. Jaedrik

You know what? I'm absolutely fine with less bullet damage. Hell, give us 2000 RPM and 58 damage like that one guy suggested. More.
    But make it default, I demand default RoF increase!
  8. Stargazer86

The current MCG is meh at best. So why does the PTS version have to be equivalent to what we already have? It needs a buff. The FART attachment is a sidegrade, and barely even that.

It -needs- to be a barrel attachment. Period.
    • Up x 3
  9. DeadliestMoon

Really then. You wont mind not being able to fire from cover then.
  10. Wobberjockey

1 test server. It's a safe assumption this is not even the FART's final form
    2 Higby has said on Twitter that there are changes
    3 I see nothing wrong with losing the extended mag for the faster fire rate. Congratulations you get to chose between an assault or a defensive mode on the weapon. (Seriously. Camping a CP door with that thing would be brutal) neither the lasher or the jackhammer have that option.

I'm just getting tired of the TR and the NC throwing a hissy fit complaining about every little thing that fails to meet their outrageous expectations.
    You don't see all of the VS tankers raging about the Saron nerf, do you? (Actually I see tankers of all stripes going wtf SOE?, but I digress)
  11. Hiding in VR

Yes.

The whole reason the MCG needs a revamp is because it is seriously under-par. So yes. I expected the new attachment to be an upgrade.

I got the MCG "free" when I bought the Underboss. I've never used it for more than "laffs" because its performance level combined with its very many drawbacks. The version on PTS goes nowhere near to changing my mind on that score.
    • Up x 2
  12. Runegrace

You'd have a point if the MCG was already in a good place. You know how VS wished that SOE would buff the Magrider's main cannon velocity? Would you prefer: A) they gave a small buff to cannon velocity, or B) they added a new attachment were instead of reload time decrease you'd get 25m/s more velocity? Instead of buffing what many believe to be an under-powered cannon, you get a side-grade so you can choose between different types of under-powered cannons.

The attachment as stands doesn't make much sense. If you increase RoF but decrease damage so that DPS is the same, the net result is that your effective magazine size is reduced. Then it also takes up the same slot as a laser sight or extended mags. I'm just unsure what they're trying to do, here. If anything I'd expect it to remove the spin-up completely, but then basically reduce mag size so it handles more like a typical LMG. You're still giving up Mags or Laser, so why not?

I really don't care about the FART. The biggest thing to me was the CoF bloom, and since that now caps out at better accuracy I think the weapon may now fit its role better. My biggest complaint was that by the time you're spooled up and moving between targets the bloom was so bad that you couldn't hit anything in the reticule. The FART is stupid, but that little change alone may make it a MUCH more enjoyable weapon to use.
  13. bPostal

When I'm using the MCG? Nope, not at all.
    • Up x 2
  14. DxAdder

Taking up the rail slot pretty well kills it for me.

But why does the community have to decipher what the actual changes are ?

It should be clearly stated what the changes are to the weapon, the only reason I can see for the lack
    of info is that the math shows its a side-grade and most of the TR will see it as a downgrade.

SOE really needs to properly manage the Test Server and keep us informed about what is actually going on here.
    • Up x 2
  15. Elron

Can't we just get an OPTIONAL Underslung MCG skin for people who don't want to shoot MCG over waist high cover then?

I for one thing will happily give up the ability to shoot over waist high cover if only my MCG will look as it should, not like the travesty that it is now.

Picture for reference
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. BarxBaron

Do you want to know what the WORST part of the shoulder-mount MCG we have now, instead of SOE just making it underslung?

They missed a PERFECT opportunity to introduce a VERY UNIQUE weapon with a UNIQUE disadvantage, and thus UNIQUE advantages.

They could of made it PURPOSEFULLY not be useful from high cover by making it underslung.

Then giving it certain advantages, such as prespooling, a even higher mag for continous dakka, and all sorts of other advantages and disadvantages.

They forgot how to make things EMPIRE SPECIFIC.

I for one would love to have a gun that cannot use High cover the same way I can on other guns, but shine in its own way. There are plenty of LMGs that can use cover as it is...having this gun be unable to do so would of been FINE.

Right now the MCG is just a LMG with a spinup time that gets you killed, especially in CQC.
    • Up x 8
  17. Desann

Miniguns are supposed to be EPIC.....make them so!

This guy fires a mounted minigun at over 4,000RPM and at 2:20 fires a hip-fire version (you can tell much less RPM). This weapon SHOULD be hipfired, because of the sheer power and opposite force it imposes on the user. I dont want to hear blah blah video game blah blah not real blah blah. Miniguns are very real weapons and any video game that tries, or pathetically attempts, to portray its true power needs to do so CORRECTLY.

Look at the friken firepower of that thing! you cannot deny it!!!! And it needs to be HIP FIRED because....well BECAUSE!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  18. Ripshaft

Hmmm...... I'm a little unclear on the sentiments being displayed here... from the descriptions the new attachment seems to decrease the spinup time, increase rof but lower damage, but decrease accuracy?

Seems like a sensible set of tradeoffs... why is everyone so upset? Are the people expressing this all people who think the MCG is lame right now and needs to be flatout buffed and will accept nothing less? Or is there some major downside that I'm missing on the attachment that's greatly disproportionate to the obvious gains?

Edit: ok I've read a bit more seems that the arguments from reality and ps1 nostalgia arguments and other "logic be damned" arguments are getting the brunt of the attention, so probably safe to assume this is just a basin of irrationality centered around miniguns.
  19. Ransurian

Heavy guns should be some of the most powerful infantry weapons in the game. They should, however, impart a movement speed / turning speed penalty or other unique disadvantages. But they definitely ought to be more powerful than they are now.

Problem solved. Now, give me my 167 damage 1000 RPM underslung minigun with no silly spool-up time and a standard 200-round magazine.
  20. Maljas23

We are upset because we have to pay 100 certs just to get our faction trait on our ES HW. Ignoring the fact that the FART lowers base dmg(unconfirmed), we also lose extended mag which makes firing at w/e fire rate we are firing with the attachment run through a very small magazine.

I said it earlier. Would you like to pay for your ES HW to gain it's faction identity?

Would you like to replace your laser sight/extended mag on your Lasher just so your Lasher orbs "lash" on contact?

Would you like to replace your extended mag on your Jackhammer just so you can have 3-round burst?

Without the FART on the MCG, TR's ES HW is nothing more than a Carv with 50 more RPM that spins up at a slower RoF. Without the FART, it is outclassed, in RoF, by several carbines and smgs across all factions. A very generic LMG.

Ask your self:

Why is a Chaingun firing slower than a SMG? My Armistice doesn't require a FART to fire at 896 RPM(I think thats the RoF), so why the hell does a Chaingun?

TL:DR
    Why do we(TR) have to pay for our faction identity on our ES HW?
    • Up x 1