The FART attachment lowers the MCG's bullet damage to 125 maximum.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by hawken is better, Apr 7, 2014.

1. S7rudL

What came first?

The FART or the Fast Action Refire Toggle also known as FART in short? :confused:
    • Up x 2
  2. Rolfski

Certainly not a TR player, that's for sure: "Hmm, let's design a useless attachment for the toy soldiers and give it a ridiculous name. That should teach them being so occupied with moar dakka."
    • Up x 5
  3. Accuser

*pantsblown*
    • Up x 2
  4. Bruno Puntz Jones

What the . . . I don't even . . .

And on top of that, they actually named it with the acronym FART?

Is this some sort of stupidly late April Fools joke?
    • Up x 4
  5. minhalexus

who said fart has 920 RoF?
  6. Xhaleon

Oi, SOE. I just signed in to tell you that this is really DUMB. You don't need to kick the TR in the balls like this so much. Just give the FART version some extra recoil or slightly bigger COF or something, not totally ruin the entire point of shooting faster!

GET IT TOGETHER HIGGLES
  7. Giggily

Make the MCG have a ROF of 1500 and give it 200 damage bullets, also give it infinite ammo and it should do AP damage to tanks. Maybe then it will even approach the Lasher.
    • Up x 1
  8. Chubrokoli

The people that are doing the balancing at SOE seem to be TR haters, first thing when i create something new is thinking of a abbreviation for something, i'm sure they knew that... FART... :rolleyes:
  9. Ozade

Better still why not give it splash AS WELL as AP damage and inf ammo etc.....

On a serious note though what is all the complaining about? Besides the hilarious name I like the way it functions. It sacrifices mag size in place of more dakka which is a fair trade off. I've said before in these type of threads that the MCG is NOT meant to be an upgrade to the available TR LMGs. You can't have a weapon that ticks all the boxes because there would be no reason to pull any thing else. VR has no moving targets so it's effectiveness against the typical ADADADing im unsure of but it's TTK and new spin up feel fine on stationary targets at close to mid range and I'd love to try it out in proper combat the next time I see ANYONE ON TEST.

The fact that there is rarely anyone on test to try stuff out beyond VR is why the dev's get such poor feed back like this but thats a rant for another thread. As per usual this thread is typical forumsiding 'I want my antieverything weapon with no downsides'

Wanna complain properly? Grab 5 or so friends and have a little 3v3 match in a small base with 1 team using MCG and 1 team using the hi capacity or hi dps LMGs and see how it stacks up in a real firefight. Better still record it and post the vid.
  10. Vearo

There are a couple things to complain about, although I hope that SoE fixes them before the MCG hits live:

1) The FART Description is misleading.
    The FART Description (I don't have it offhand) give the user the impression that the attachment simply increases RoF. No where does it mention that it lowers bullet damage.

2) The FART isn't an 'upgrade' over an empty slot (as far as I can tell) / Extended Mags are just better
    The FART in essence lowers the damage per bullet (and therefore mag) for faster RoF. Compared to a stock MCG, this offers a change in weapon feel but doesn't appear to actually affect TTK.
    Compared to extended Mags which offer much longer sustained damage and lower chance to get caught with an empty Mag, the FART doesn't compare.

IMO it would be simple to tweak the FART to be something like Small Calibre Rounds. Make it clear that you use weaker rounds, but the MCG fires faster and has a larger magazine (i.e. 150 mag).
    • Up x 4
  11. hawken is better

That's something that I feel needs to be changed. Why are we getting much weaker/smaller bullets, but with the exact same mag (and magazine capacity)? Like someone else had said, they managed to fit 100 rounds in a measly little Gauss SAW mag, each one of those rounds doing 200 damage. If they're gonna **** us this badly, at least give us 200 rounds by default.
    • Up x 1
  12. Nanomorph

They seriously called it FART??? :eek:

Looks like they're seriously trolling the TR this time.
    • Up x 2
  13. sustainedfire

It is a bit humorous that they actually came up with an acronym that parodies the firing noise of the MCG.

Though people tease that the MCG firing noise sounds like flatulence, to let players know the gun is similar to another intestinal content. AKA the MCG is poop.

I was hoping that the MCG would get a more comprehensive overhaul, including and especially the firing sound.
    • Up x 2
  14. Ozade

The complaints about the live MCG were because of its spin up time and because certain people weren't happy with the idea that it wasn't the fastest firing gun in the game so this fixes that without introducing hilarious balance issues. I don't see the issue here beyond the name and would happily use it's current test state for live.
  15. Shubniggurath

The major flaw with the MCG was spin up time. Remove it. It's that simple. It would have been a good weapon @ 800 rpm/143 damage if they removed spin up time.
    • Up x 2
  16. Stargazer86

It feels like an insult, really.

"TR want their MCG fixed? Nah. Let's just tweak it so it still remains useless, then call it the FART just to rub it in their faces."
    • Up x 5
  17. Nanomorph

Yeah I heard they all play VS and NC, all except Malorn.
    • Up x 2
  18. Thagyr

"Well, most only use it for the sound it makes anyway, lets improve on that".

Just need the attachment to spew out a noxious green cloud and it'd be golden.
    • Up x 1
  19. RoboRay

How about this?

Have the MCG spin-up automatically (but not start firing) whenever the ADS key is held.

This would let you start shooting instantly, but everyone could hear the whine of the motor (and possibly paint you on the minimap if within a certain distance).
    • Up x 2
  20. WarmasterRaptor

Well THAT'S f*ck*ing disappointing. That's why although it felt better to use, I still had an awkward sense something was wrong when using the "FART"...

Make the ADS linked to the spinup already, so we don't always have to wait for it every other time.
    And if we have to CERT into a faction trait, make it worth it, not downgrade the damn gun.
    Ext.Mag is still king then.

But how can it be so hard to give something interesting to rival the Jackhammer??

And why do we get a spinup that gives nothing... I mean, why would carbines like the GD-7F and Serpent beats a MINIGUN in terms of ROF? o_O They even have the 143 dmgs profile... I mean, it' a HEAVY gun DESIGNED with supreme ROF in mind... anyway... I guess I got to trust the dev? *cough cough*

...I still wonder if our faction trait is only having curved armor...
    • Up x 2