the EU Cobalt server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by daddy86, May 9, 2013.

1. daddy86

hi there,

Instead of the usual crying and flaming and this is OP or this needs a buff i have a genuine question....

as of GU8 our outfit (KAIN) has seen alot of NC change to vanu and more importantly we have a huge increase in low level players???

Now i have been trying to work this out and the only things i can see for this change is...

- people in NC are tired of losing (cobalt NC is not that amazing compared to other servers it seems)
    - people change to their alt that will win the alert?
    - people are making use of the free premium to open new characters
    - people switch to an alt to purposely block or hinder enemy progression.

There have been alot of BR1 running arround lately just tking everyone until they get weaponlocked and then switch back.

Another thing that is really worrying me.
    As cobalt is a EU server most of the gms that find cheaters etc are not online before 11pm EU time when the servers are getting quiet.

up till 2 weeks ago i rarely saw a cheater and the total ammount could be counted on one hand.
    Now we see several every day with the obvious names like 'abouttobebanned' and 'ps2bannedmeagain' etc etc.
    So i guess they are getting caught but i wonder why there has been such an increase in the ammount of these losers.

As to the state of our server, its pretty good, pretty equal population especially during alerts and all 3 of us win alerts but i have to admit that the Vanu seem to get the most of them and it seems the average skill per player with vanu is higher but i might be wrong.

so yeah, im just really wondering about all the low levels running arround who clearly are no noobs
  2. Lazaruz

Cobalt is now the recommended EU server for new players, might explain the influx of low BR's. Also there might be some other newbs like me that just re-rolled there just for fun.

This I have sadly seen/heard a lot. People from squad hopping to the winning faction before an alert ends...

off topic: I think I shot you in the head today while you were repairing your Reaver outside the gates of Zurvan.
  3. daddy86

i rarely fly and i havent played yet, today that is :)
  4. MasterOhh

Yeah, when reading all the QQ and drama posts about stuff happening on the other servers I was allways glad that Cobalt seemed not to be affected that much by all the BS going on.

I noticed the big number of low BR players on Cobalt, too and was wondering what was going on. As usual, most of the new players are attracted to the NC. So NC world population spiked again, but our fights against the smurfs became really weird experiences. When attacking NC held bases with my outfit, I felt like a space marine storming a kindergarden (while playing as engineer).

I hope the quality of the Cobalt server won't suffer with all the new players and we'll get even better and bigger battles, onces they got the knack for playing PS2.
  5. Cougarbrit

Been quite a few Cobalt threads on the forums recently, makes a nice change, it's usually Miller that has the most forum publicity for EU.

Anyways, onto the topic:

I was kinda hoping they'd hold off on making us the recommended for a while, NC already suffer from a massive amount of disorganised pubs and such, and having a whole new stream of low BR players might only exacerbate this problem. All these low BR players will also probably just stick on Indar, and right now Indar TR/NC needs all the high BR, organised platoons it can muster to finally crack the VS cap.

Due to the fact Cobalt VS have a strangely high proportion of nightime players it's been extremely difficult progress towards breaking the cap, the best attempts have been made during primetime and late evening rather than night ghostcappers*, which means a helluva lotta fighting ability and organisation is needed for the TR/NC. But both TR and NC struggle due to a large proportion of players that ignore the limited metagame, VS probably has a fair few too but those players are forced into playing the meta anyways as they're the targets.

Hopefully VS gets hit just as hard as we do by the low BR influx, and either forces their outfits to focus on Indar purely and enable us to fight a war of attrition until they tire of indar, or they try to fight on other continents but then are unable to reinforce Indar later on due to being filled by newer players.

*(which I think is good in a way as it defies the normal routine where conts constantly changed hands during nights and mornings, which is still prevalent on the other conts, it gives a lot more meaning to the value of the cont ownership)
  6. johnway

I've always felt colbalt was a nice place to play on. Right from the start we seem to have a fairly balanced mix of all 3 factions and in some cases (when i jump on at least anyway) a large number of NC. So we're not always victims and in some ways we capture a continent every so often. But since i play on indar most of the time (even when there are alerts) i rarely care what happens oin the other areas. If PS2 taught me one thing, who bloody cares if you're getting pushed back, an hour later it'll be back to normal and its one big vicious cycle. I jump into a zerg and just have fun.

I did have a tr character on miller (i was hoping to be part od the PCGUK outfit) but i never get to play that character back at the start the server kept crashing and booting me off for some reason. It still does annoyingly. TBH I made a NC character whilst they fixed the issues surrounding miller and i never looked back since going to colbalt. My main character is NC on colbalt. Either the server is filled with beginners and all the big dogs live on Miller or the NC is more suited to my style.

but tbh the trend i see most places is that NC will always be the smaller faction which is a shame. But then look on the bright side, more places to caputre, more people to shoot at, more points. If you can survive.