The Emerald NC Actually Won An Alert

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheShrapnelKing, Sep 19, 2014.

1. TheShrapnelKing

So we're not totally incompetent. That's good to know.

Would someone who remembers explain how exactly we won? Cuz usually it's just headless chickenville over here.
    • Up x 5
  2. Lamat

It happens when the other factions get sick of winning alerts and there's no contested biolabs around.
    • Up x 1
  3. SeverTheWicked

Either infantry combat in PS2 really is that horrible, or you're not terribly good at controlling engagements and winning...
  4. TheShrapnelKing

You speak as if you never set foot on the ground or something. Pilot?
  5. SeverTheWicked

Looking at my stats, its clear that I'm primarily infantry, although I do fly and tank.

But this video did a bad job of showing of whatever skill you may have. You picked ALOT of engagements where you didn't kill the person and you put yourself in bad positions where you just got killed. You weren't even running and gunning - you were playing very passively.

My k/d is just over 1 because I go on kill streaks and then I take silly deaths trying to build up the Rambo momentum again. I'm a very aggressive player and that gets me killed almost as often as I slay people.

And yes, I do understand the awful problems with this games FPS mechanics, but I'm just saying this video doesn't show you in good light.
  6. radrussian2

you must be from matherson. ever since the server merge NC has got some great leadership and many good players. they are becoming the dominant faction on the server. and alot more fun to play with since they actually have leaders that are active in strategizing. although that might just mean a max crash every 15 minutes but its better than the silence you hear in most VS platoons.
  7. SeanFree

Well it's obviously working just fine for him if his K/D is 2+ even if his SPM is meh. Are you really going to tell someone who averages a better K/D then you to L2P? Just because you play crazy aggressive, run in and kill 1-2 people then die doesn't mean everyone is keen on doing that.
  8. TheShrapnelKing

1. Since you didn't specify you were talking about me, I thought you were talking about the NC as a whole since, you know, that's what I was talking about: us actually winning for once.

2. On principle, I do not cut out deaths I take when I choose to show a given fight. I think that's dishonest.

3. You will note in the quick flash of the scoreboard I did at 14:14 of the video I am 56:10, 56:11 if you add in the death refunded from the revive at the beginning. So you can say whatever you want about how I suck, I clearly do not.
    • Up x 1
  9. DatVanuMan

You won again.
    • Up x 2
  10. TheMish

About time, sick of all the VS victories. Why isn't there a combined effort on Emerald to warpgate the VS everyday, until they die off?!
  11. ThreePi

That would require convincing the TR to actually fight the VS once in a while.
  12. TheMish

Yeah but we're so sick of it, most of my day involves fighting the VS off.

If there was an inter-faction alliance. I would gladly join it and fight all day with the NC to destroy the VS here.

Just warp gate them. Everyday. All day. Until they quit. It would be wonderful.
    • Up x 3
  13. SeverTheWicked

I never said you suck. Read my posts again.

Did I tell him L2P? Wtf is wrong with people on this forum being so quick to be defensive and pull out the "my k/d > you" card? I only talked about my k/d because I was using my playstyle as an example. I was making an observation about what I saw in the video, I never said he was bad.
  14. NinjaTurtle

The planets aligned. Enjoy it while you can

AOD and GOKU will get back to showing us how to pro zerg tomorrow
    • Up x 1
  15. Dracorean

Don't forget about the NC and TR who dislike fighting VS.

The NC don't seem motivated enough to consistently win alerts, not that we can't in that server, its just that many commanders are just asking "what's the point?" and normally just go to a territory to farm or just avoid the alerts.
    • Up x 2
  16. SeanFree

It simply doesn't make sense to comment on someone's play style saying it's too passive when it seems to be working better than whatever you're doing being excessively aggressive.
    • Up x 4
  17. The Rogue Wolf

Hey, I've been doing my part!

[IMG]

(I've been maining TR on Emerald for a while because it's been almost criminally underpopped.)
    • Up x 2
  18. NC_agent00kevin

Ya kinda did in two different posts. You went as far as to nitpick his gameplay and essentially explain exactly what you thought was wrong with it.
  19. FocusLight

Good luck with that. VS on most servers I've played on are turning into smug self-gratifying tools running around wherever they please with their disco-balls, MAX'es and who knows what. If I'm playing solo it's infinitely more entertaining to fight NC, my 2NCforevery1VS killboard would be proof of that.

As soon as you got even a half-way organized group though VS are fun to fight because it's suddenly not borderline impossible to wipe those smug little smirks off their entitled faces, and when victory is achieved... well, VS tears are better than NC tears, somehow.

... that may be because NC variety is more commonplace - about pretty much anything - so the taste has gotten bland. Who knows.
    • Up x 1
  20. NC_agent00kevin

The only TR Ive killed lately have been the ones interfering in VS/NC battles. I cant even enjoy playing my VS anymore, and the whole reason I made it was because NC had overpop on Waterson for a while. I have a TR but its hard to want to play it because I have so many nice toys on my NC toon, then the VS is creeping up on BR 100. But I cant enjoy my VS toon when they dominate everything and usually show up to fights with 2-3x the enemy population, so many Br 100s toting Orions and Betelgueses.