*The* definitive New Conglomerate LMG guide for newbies

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Quor, Nov 26, 2012.

1. X3Killjaeden

I tried the NC6, with 4x scope... i get kills but i feel like i'm at an extreme disadvantage everytime when it's closer then 30m
    I have used the GD-22 when it was obvious that i could get a better allround gun for less the cert-price then trying to upgrade a mule to a mediocre "long-range" choice. Played 40h with it now and it's great, especially on medium range with 2x scope.
    I've seen a video of someone using the NC6 with comp, grip and 4x scope shooting at med&long range, and at all times i thought "i can do just as good with the GD-22 with 2x scope, if not better" - not because of the aim of the person, but because of the delay that you get when centering your crosshair back on target and COF to go back, after a single shot.
    ADS is the only way to really land enough shots in cqb, so i used a frontgrip instead of the laser sight, since the grip always has effect and helps with medium-long range bursts.

It would really help people if there would be some combatfootage with the aim to define close, medium and long range for all users to refer and compare to. Unfortunately the fps i get atm don't allow video capturing, so i can't record it.

Maybe i'll get the Anchor and fit it out for cqb - adv. laser, softpoint, 1x magn or NV scope, supressor. The only real advantage over the GD-22 seem to be the closerange attachements and the slight rof increase imo. Past cqb it seems that the GD-22 is pretty much the same, slightly better because of lower firstshotmultiplier. Did anyone try this setup yet? On the other hand - a shotgun might do the job for cqb better.
  2. HerpTheDerp

Don't get the soft point ammo for CQB, it's garbage. And don't get the suppressor if you want to midrange...

If you can get used to the higher kick on first bullet Anchor should be very slightly better.

I just wanted to point out, since I wrote that Anchor and EM6 are tied for second place DPS-wise after the Saw, that they are in fact not - they have most DPS of all NC LMGs. The difference is trivial(something like 0.2%?) but yeah.
  3. KnightCole

OOoooh yeah, after playing my own NC dude....Gauss SAW, x2 sight and compensator, its all you need to be a universal killing machine.

GD22S with a x2 scope....all you need to be a god with a gun....

Imma drop laser sights on both my guns with my next 200 certs so then the guns will be gods in all aspects, at range, close, hip fire...lolz....I wish some of that OP would rub off on the TR....
  4. TheBaronofSD

finally fully certed the SAW ... really enjoying it. i dont feel significantly outclassed at any range. for CQB whoever fires accurately first typically wins and IMO i prefer to be well rounded at all ranges than excel at only one range. I feel the SAW is just that ... after spending a boat load of certs of course.
  5. KnightCole

GD22S I feel is considerably better in all aspects then the Gauss SAW. Its got a tighter spread and it fires faster. Only that 50 round mag kills me. I dont run Compensator on the GD, the NC6 seems to NEED it or its recoil is through the roof, which hurts it. I dont care much for Compensators, they do increase FA CoF Spread and it SUCKS for range firing. GD22S, its like using the PREnerf TR LMGs.....aim, hold LMB, PROFIT!
  6. X3Killjaeden

So, i finally decided to get the anchor. I kitted it out for CQB, since that is the only logical purpose with the upgrades it has, and the stats compared to the GD-22.
    Kitted it out with Silencer, Softpoint, 1x sight and adv. lasersight. The adv. lasersight really makes the difference, because now you can hipfire and hit something... The crosshair size is about the same (if not slightly smaller) as the default, uncerted Engineers Carbine. If somebody runs away from you in close quarters, you can run after them and gun them down. Without the adv. lasersight i wasn't able to do that, i had to go into ADS and risk losing them.

It's perfect for biolab fights, or any other room-to room combat. It's better then a shotgun in that regard, because it's usable at all ranges in there, and the silencer is a very nice thing to have in smaller skirmishes. In a meatgrinder it wouldn't matter anyway i guess.
    For medium to long range i still use the GD-22 with forward grip and 2x sight, because of the lower first shot multiplier.
    I can't comment on softpoint, because i haven't tried it without and propably won't - it is my cqb premium toy, i don't care about long range.
    I need to get used to not ADS firing all the time though, and learn when to switch to ADS and when not to. With GD-22 there was no choice, it was either ADS or die :D (unless someone stood an armlength before you)

Kind of a luxury gun though, if i weight the benefits with the price, compared to the GD-22.
    • Up x 1
  7. Bambolero

I have the same setup but EM-1 instead of the Anchor.
    EM-1 seems often overlooked but it is the CQC gun for NC.
    I also use a shotgun sometimes when it gets really in your face fighting so... I would like to try the anchor when fully upgraded but it's not possible, I trialed it stock, it's not the same.
    So not sure if I want to invest in it atm.
  8. Pinay

That video was comparing the two weapons without applying any certs to them. The T9 Carv-S allows you to cert a compensator and soft point or high velocity ammo, none of which are available to the T9 Carv. So once you cert this wepon properly, it far out performs the T9 Carv. Which makes it a 7.8 rating and not a sad 6.5.
  9. smoke eater

I have found that my style is better suited to NC's LMG (I've been VS for a bit). I fire a few rounds and do a quick re-aim, where as with the VS Orion I would hold the button down and just spray trying to keep the gun straight. I've wasted so many bullets that way and the burst fire mode didn't work for me. With NC, the LMG does a bit of a jump and I take that 1/2 second to do a quick re-aim and take the guy out. Save bullets and time. Less tempting to just hold down the trigger.
  10. X3Killjaeden

Isn't that more of a trigger-discipline thing then a weapon thing?
  11. smoke eater

Yes, but with the recoil of the gauss I would let off the trigger. When I played the VS character the recoil didn't feel so extreme and I would try to hold the enemy in my sights while unloading a magazine. Because of the movement it would cause me to let off the button and re-aim. I don't bother trying to stay on the target and unload. Cause and effect for me.
  12. Quor

Bump for two reasons.

1.) visibility

2.) I'm planning on doing a newer version of this guide and would like some feedback as to what could be improved. Fellow NC chime in please!
  13. Doğan

Thanks for the guide !
  14. Kyutaru

The GD-22S description should be updated to in no way associate its damage with the baseline SAW. They don't have similar damage values at all.

Add the anchor obviously.
  15. Quor

Yeah, that's one of the bigger changes I need to do, now that we have the datamined info.
  16. MurderBunneh

Lots of inaccuracies. Saw S does not do more damage then the EM6 in any shape or form. For all intents the Saws S doesn't have a reason to be in the game atm.
  17. Quor

Yeah, this was pre-data times, so I was going by beta and post-launch stuff.

But I mean, what could I add more in terms of less obvious stuff. I intend on adding the damage values and a few other relevant bits, with links to the documented info, but I'm talking more "feel" feedback. The experiences people have had with the weapons, that kind of thing.
  18. Kyutaru

I suppose you can alter the Gauss SAW description go from decent at mid-long to the BEST LMG IN THE GAME FOR MID-LONG (and other areas depending on your opinion).

The EM1 can also be updated to "Less useful than a headless chicken".
  19. chrollo

i like playing with a higher rate of fire and 650 rpm is just too slow especially compared to the default orion for vs with 750 rpm and .75 ads, really wish i could bring over my vs heavy weapons :(
  20. Quor

Bump for more exposure.