*The* definitive New Conglomerate LMG guide for newbies

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Quor, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Vanon

Having most of the LMG's, tried them all, I would put the GD-22 above the others. If you put a forward grip the recoil at full auto is easily controlable. It's basicly a Tar-21 from modern warfare at that point. hip fire at close range, ADS at mid to long, with the amount of bullets per burst depending on how far away they are. The nice thing is that at medium range with a 3.4x you can essentially full auto and the bullets will hit 90% of the time.

The Battle rifle is very nice as well. I found if you put the highest mag scope (think its like the Naco 8x or something) it becomes semi-auto sniper rifle. The bullet velocity matches the l-80 and the rate of fire is fast enough to turn a HA into a pretty devistating make shift sniper. The gun is perhaps the best counter sniper setup you can have.
    • Up x 2
  2. hostilechild

NV scope seems to reduce recoil/cof more than reflex2, i am way more accurate with it. One thing about scopes i noticed is COF is reduced by the magnification of the scope (funny concept) seems a pixel is a pixel for cof regardless of magnification. Even though anyone who has shot a rifle knows vert/horiz recoil are same scoped in and feel worse not less (which cof supposedly mimics).

Still laughing at TR claiming 40 bullets to kill, he must have meant to kill the entire room.
  3. Quor

It's funny, cause I recently made a TR guy to play when the NC on my server are out-popped, and after tearing through about three dozen guys (over the course of 4 lives) with the CARV, I realized that what would take 8-12 rounds with my EM6 would end up taking 15-20 rounds with the CARV. But I'd still kill **** easier with the CARV baseline than I did with any other NC weapon.

So yeah, I can totally see someone who doesn't know how to burst fire (cause I was burst firing) blowing through 40 rounds with a TR weapon to kill one guy. That's why a lot of veteran NC players are such good shots; we *have* to be better, simply because we can't afford to spray and pray. We need to make each shot count.
  4. Kyutaru

Different weapons for different folk, that's what's its all about. If you can aim, the NC stuff is great. If you can't, you can fall back on the bodyspraying FAMAS style of TR weapons. It's easier, but the NC stuff can do it more effectively with a little show of skill.
  5. Spiggs

I've been trying out the "Forward grip" and the "Compensator" on the NC LMG's since launch and as the cert description states, the "Foregrip" only reduces "Horizontal recoil". I've tested this and it really has been the case, its effect on "Vertical Recoil" is minimal to non-existent, so I went with the Compensator first.

However, GOOD NEWS!

I tested them again this morning after the last update, exactly as I'd done before by firing from a fixed position from the bottom to the top of a wall, and lo-and-behold they now do reduce "Vertical Recoil" (VR). In fact they are now better than the "Compensator" and when combined with the "Compensator", they reduce VR more they should individually.

I know that really doesn't make much sense so here's a vid to explain my inane babble?

Not massively scientific but it illustrates the point!

EDIT: I've now tried it on the EM6 too and it reduced the VR just the same.

TL/DR: Foregrips on NC LMG's now reduce Vertical as well as Horizontal recoil and should be your first choice upgrade instead of the "Compensator".

Don't flame, just try it out. Hope it helps [IMG]:)
    • Up x 1
  6. Megawatt

That's good news for my EM6.
  7. Uncle_Lou

I suspect that IF vertical grips are reducing vertical recoil as well as horizontal that it is unintended and will be fixed. I hope not though because realistically, forward grips SHOULD reduce vertical recoil.
  8. MrK

It definitely should not be the case
  9. A3quitas

S
    Sorry, you are wrong. NC is at a disadvantage. As an fps gamer for longer than many of you have been alive, and testing all the factions w
    LMGs, NC is underpowered. Albiet slightly, but they are nontheless. The only thing you really have is a certed out base SAW for mid-long power hitting, and you must be skilled. Overall, players of equal skill over all the different situations comeout ahead using CS or TR. This is why my outfit plays NC. Skilled adult tactical players. We would be bored playing TR or VN. Too easy.
  10. Zakuak

Good guide thanks for sharing!

I have my SAW certed up with a grip, compensator, and a choice of a LR or CQC site plus the other ammo I forget its name.

Anyways I just picked up the EM6 and in process of fitting it out as well. Next LMG to get is the GD, I'll use that to replace the SAW in CQC lol.....so glad I found this thread so I could read into the weapons a bit more.

Thanks again.
    Cheers!
  11. Maliken

I just bought the EM6 by accident but I must say I'm very happy I did. It's just so much better then the Gauss Saw. I find it a lot easier to control.
  12. Ghoest

I have a shorter guild.

Buy the GD-22 - its no Carv9 but it doesnt suck.
  13. MurderBunneh

If one side requires more skill to get the SAME results this is the definition of underpowered.
    It would be a different matter if a high skill cap gave you an advantage with them but it doesn't it just makes it equal.
  14. MurderBunneh

My question is with a x2 reflex advanced grip and compensator is the saw a good all around weapon?
    My other question is how many bullets does it take to kill compared to the VS and TR stock weapons?
  15. deaded

Good guide, the info seems accurate - might be great help for struggling NC HA.

I use EM1 with Laser Sight indoors and EM6 with all upgrades outdoors.

EM6 got bit of issues (albeit small) with accuracy/cof and recoil at range, also when bursting too fast, but you get to know the gun afterawhile. Even if you aim directly on target solar plexus, shots will miss if you shoot too fast. Just close in abit and shots will connect more often.

I refuse to use single-shot mode, cof goes amok anyway if you shoot too fast. Plus if you have to click very fast you lose accuracy on your mousehand (at least I do, often moving the mouse just a tiny bit when I have to click/shoot really fast).
  16. Kyutaru

That's not how it is, mate. The TR has a lower skill requirement, but also a lower skill cap. Veterans can't make much better use of TR weapons than random low skill players can. The weapons are designed to be inaccurate, require many bullets to kill, and kick around like crazy because of the ROF speeding up the recoil gain. Their low recoil and average bloom just helps maintain sustained fire, i.e. spraying. The NC weapons have a higher skill requirement to use at the START, but they have a much higher skill cap as well. You need to be able to headshot at a minimum just to be equal with TR weapons, but after that you stand a chance of surpassing them with enough practice. While the TR stuff is busy kicking around and spraying bullets near your head for low damage hits, the NC stuff can pick off players with high precision and the first headshot is practically guaranteed if you know what you're doing. The higher damage per shot means those headshots can end a player faster if you are precise in your shooting, so even though your dps is lower on average (and face it, we're talking a few percentage points lower than TR stuff, not a huge difference), your TTK can actually end up faster. It's even better on wounded guys who can't survive a single headshot from the Gauss SAW, they drop instantly. Between all the shotguns and this style of precise headshotting with frontloaded accuracy weapons, NC is all about dropping enemies quickly before they drop you. Even if you tried this tactic on TR, the lower damage bullets simply require more shots to be expended, so you're always resorting to spraying and your COF goes through the roof. Solid NC players can fire a three round burst and get a kill off it, all depends on how good you are. Having high recoil and bloom isn't as bad as you think when you start with the lowest bloom and best initial shot accuracy. It simply means NC want to end the fight quickly while TR want to buy some time. Between players of equal skill, either faction can come out ahead, but generally low skill players will win more often on TR while high skill players will win more often on NC. This is still comparing players of equal skill, as a highly skilled TR player will usually lose to a highly skilled NC player.

Having lower ROF helps maintain your precision because you can aim each shot better and not suffer monster recoil. You have higher recoil PER BULLET but less recoil OVERALL. When using a TR weapon, you have lower recoil PER BULLET, but you're shooting bullets out much faster and your recoil/COF bloom catches up very quickly. Basically, NC weapons are generally more accurate than TR weapons till you have fired enough bullets that your COF is capped. Remember, faster ROF means TR hits their maximum inaccuracy before NC does. That's why going for the head is how you come out ahead. Accuracy means nothing to a person who can't use it effectively. NC is reserved for the best, the guys who hate wasting bullets to get the job done.

Once you get good at using 3-5 shots to drop a player with an NC weapon, that magazine is going to keep you going longer than a TR heavy, who probably just blew through 7-12 shots just to kill you. Less reloading is a good thing for sustained fights.
    • Up x 1
  17. Big Cyz

So according to this, there is no *best* gun, but generally the consensus seems to be the EM6 for mid/long range, and the EM1 or GD22 for close range.

As someone who has fully certed the starting LMG, I am probably best to go with the EM1 or GD22-S? Or is the EM6 a straight upgrade compared to my certed default gun?
  18. MrK

I'm EM6 with forward grip and compensator, various scopes for various situation.
    It doesn't fail me, I lose because I fail, not the gun.
    The pure CQC situations do not warrant getting a EM1 just for that, if you ask me. EM6 is more than enough for all situations.
    • Up x 1
  19. OneShadowWarrior

The GD-22S is my workhorse weapon and I instantly fell in love with it. I wish they role modeled more weapons after it. Out of all 3 Empires. I kiss the thing everytime. Your shortage of ammo and constant reloads will get overlooked quick by other variables you can overcome it with.

Get a Sunderer with a AMS Cert plus Stealth and reduce that timer to pull it to the max and you'll always have a reload station at your command. and not be dependent on anyone and a sheer Maverick.

For a game that encourages teamwork. This is par none the funnest way to go for me, being self-reliant.

In real dirty fights, your not going to last the duration anyway, just get down and nasty with the GD-22s and take as many foes down with your before Respawn.
  20. Asterz

Having used them all to a greater or lesser extent the GD-22S is what I settled on because it can be used in all roles well, practically regardless of load out.