The definitive guide to TR LMGs

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Xiphos, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Xerophon

2. DeadlyShoe

this isn't true, the minigun has immense COF bloom when you hold the trigger down but the first 20 or so bullets hit a relatively small area when sighted.

it's certainly poorer at range than LMGs but 25m max is woeful exaggeration.

when you absolutely, positively must kill every last Randian ****** and alien-loving hippie in the room: choose minigun. They cannot outsmart bullet.
  3. Xiphos

I maintain my position. My CARV-S with a 2x reflex sight kills faster and more reliably at around that range. With the MCG I regularly get outgunned by the enemy at that range as well.
  4. DeadlyShoe

There's a difference between 'something else is better' and 'ineffective'.
  5. Xiphos

It's generally ineffective at range. It's not like it's suddenly incapable of killing anything past 25m, but it's easily the worst weapon a HA has for that purpose (besides the default pistol) and most enemies will have weapons that do not have such a drawback so fighting with the MCG at that range is a poor choice.
  6. Perls

You have the cert's I was considering dumping into the MSW-R.

Honest opinion, was it worth it? Especially the laser site (200 certs ugh). The only reason I asked, is because I dumped like 400 certs into my medic's sabr13, and it's still garbage compared to the Cycler at nearly all ranges. VERY disappointed.

In other words, I want to invest in another toy, but I don't want that level of disappointment again lol
  7. Kingside

If you are guarding chokepoints or moving from room to room in a base assault the T7 Minigun with Laser sight is hands down the best weapon. You have to keep it spinning and this reduces your movement speed but as long as you arent getting sniped from building tops by light assault, you are going to kill anyone you meet in a one-on-one. If you come into a room spunup with a full shield you can take out 2,3 and sometimes 4 if anyone is wounded. It is also the only way to go toe-to-toe with a MAX.

Bottom line if you need to take a Gen room, toss a nade, spinup, pop a shield and run in full ablaze

The important thing here is to be sure you have the laser sight so you can fire from the hip indiscriminately. If you dont like rushing into a room and prefer to take corners more carefully, stick with the MSW-R. If I know I have a decent run from a Sunderer to an unknown tower situation I use the TMG-50. If I have a travel path where I know I am going to have some difficulty making it to a gen room or control point room, I use the MSW-R; but if I know that I am going to spend the majority of time battling in a series of rooms or tight spaces (bio-lab control points) its T7 everytime
  8. Hyllan

• Up x 1
  9. Sir Lemming

Just a quick question:
    The time to pull the gun into 'ironsight' mode is faster when using a reflex 2.0 compared to a standard 3.4 scope?
  10. InducedApathy

That's odd because I own an MSR-W fully upgraded with advanced laser sight reflex sight flash suppressor. First level is 100 second is 100 one is called advanced the other isn't. You have to choose to equip the advanced version.
  11. absolofdoom

Yeah after I read this thread the other day I grabbed the MSW-R, got suppressor/advanced laser sight (it does exist, even has a different model for the attachment)/soft point ammo/reflex 1x. This is an absolute beast in CQB. Absolutely a better choice than the MCG. The only problem you'll ever have is "only" 50 rounds but the reload isn't bad so it's not a big one.
  12. gunshooter

Soft point ammo reduces damage in cqc by 5% btw, its mid range only. Don't use it for a hipfire gun.
  13. swatti

I cant say how much the laser and its second version will make the minigun better but without eighter i found it TOTALY useless. Cant hit anything past the mentioned 25m where shotguns out-gun the T7. Magazine-size is decent, firerate is kinda of a joke for multibarrel "minigun" and dmg-per-bullet is quite low.

I love the idea of a "minigun" but the T7 aint that. I cant say id take it over any shottie.

To make it proper minigun, make it "belt-fed" as in no magazine. REAL miniguns dont need a spin-up, why does this!? Fire-rate needs a boost, double atleast but then the dmg-per-bullet needs to go down and that once again kills the fun.
  14. Ubikuuu

Is this confirmed?
    Because it says nothing about it in the description nor on the wiki.
    Can we get a reliable source?
  15. Slowjerk

Something tells me this is wrong ....
  16. gunshooter

17. Kyutaru

Unless you want that hipfire gun to not suck at midrange. Most of the hipfire guns do enough DPS that they can afford the 5% damage loss to deal more damage outside point blank and still be the best hipfire weapons. Preferences, people, preferences.
  18. gunshooter

Except it's also a 15% damage loss past 30m.
  19. Kyutaru

You don't read the things you link, do you?

Plus, your comment was not to use the ammo because it reduces damage in CQC. Now you're talking about long range on a hipfire weapon. Make up your mind what your argument is.
  20. gunshooter

Explain why someone using an advanced laser with suppressor would give a damn about anything but cqc damage, and would be willing to **** their cqc damage so that they can ADS better.

10m is longer than most cqc engagements. It likely decreases damage further at even shorter ranges and also you're the one who mentioned medium range.