The Decimator vs Tanks

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by VoidMagic, Feb 18, 2014.

1. VoidMagic

In a game where C4 exists, the decimator is simply an underwhelming
    anti tank tool.

Please make the deci an efficient tank hunting weapon again.

Please note it's fine against just about everything else. (ESP maxes/sundies/aircraft; balance perfection)

The 1 Tank vs 1 HA game was an epic cat and mouse game that is currently,
    defunct and pointless, mostly due to the deci being underwhelming and C4 being far too
    easy to use... please bring back big game, up close and personal, high risk, tank hunting. Thx!
    • Up x 1
  2. stalkish

450 tank resources it costs for an MBT, the deci is free to pull once you unlock it (costed 1SC during the xmas sales) i dont see why they should be comparable in a 1v1.

That said im a strong advocate of removing all lockon crap (accept stryker, thats what it does) and making the dumbfire alot faster moving and therefore more reliable in medium-long range. Of course would have to drop the price of the deci aswel to encourage people to buy/cert it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Hosp

I did like the old deci. But to many tankers don't know that infantry is a tanks bane. So they nerfed infantry to separate infantry and tanks a bit. Now tanks can still sit back at 150m+ and shell infantry mercilessly but infantry, often, have to close.
  4. Shadowhunter1

I agree, but on 1 condition, reduce the damage the decimators does to infantry so people can't tube spam.
  5. VoidMagic

Unfortunately, tube spam is necessary to stop people from jumping in front of Maxes which engineers would do ALL THE TIME in PS1 where deci's didn't OHK. SOE is well aware of this and it is far more evil to have unkillable scatter maxes than having infantry knowing not to purposfully get infront of HA weilding high explosive rockets. Getting OHK by an HA with a rocket is no more annoying than getting OHK by a sniper, getting rocket podded, getting OHK by a tank, getting OHK by C4, or any of the other million OHK, or less than 1 second TTK mechanics in Planetside... just the way it is dude, and it's fine.

IMHO C4 and Ground Lock On's are less FAIR to tanks than the old tanker plus gunner against ONE HA that can be OHK by said tanker, in a close up winnar take all grudge match... was epic. Can't really be done today. What can be done is instant sneak kill on tank with C4 which they have no chance to react too, and light assault makes that job almost effortless. So I guess I'd like to have the "GAME" back not the Free kill... plus the Deci is just the right tool, for that job IMHO.

Increasing the Deci's velocity, would make it unfair for Libs, although smart ESF would still be ok.
  6. Shadowhunter1

IF i get killed by a sniper with a head shot, i am not mad, i give him props for hitting me.

IF i get killed by a max, i am not mad, i understand i was killed by a larger weapon.

IF i get killed by a decimator or any other noob tube, i am upset. the reason being is that do NOT need a direct hit to kill. that is garbage. AV weapons should kill AV not AI. AI weapons should kill AI not AA, and AA weapons should kill AA not AV or AI.

A LOT of people, even SOE, are having a hard time grasping this idea.

skill shots are amazing and clever and take time to aim, a nube with a tube jumps out of the spawn room, shoots and kills 5 people and jumps back in the spawn room to reload. yea.... this is definitely broken, and if SOE doesn't fix it then i am going to organize 2 platoons of decimators in a bio lab and show how OP they really are against infantry.
  7. VoidMagic

takes a direct hit to kill a full hp target with a deci... COD rules prejudices and crying... doesn't apply...

THIS IS PLANETSIDE

clever has never been a prerequisite for killing

If you'd like to argue about rockets doing less damage to infantry please feel free to take the argument to another thread. This is about Deci vs Tank balance. thx!
    • Up x 1
  8. Frosty The Pyro

deci still deals 2k to tanks, hit them in the rear armor and its three shots to kill. Two burns IIRC.
  9. Shadowhunter1

i killed 30 people yesterday with 3 decimator shots, the COD cracks and jokes are not funny. i have YET to hit someone directly with a decimator and NOT kill him.
  10. VoidMagic

Yea 3 in the rear is fine and perfectly balanced, it's the other aspects that need a bit less damage mitigation, personally, I'd like to see C4 nerfed abit against tanks also...

@Shadowhunter1 10 kills a deci huh, that's not suspect at all... and so much COD sooooo much anger, excellent... eggggggsellent... hey I heard Titanfall has BFR's AND ZOMG 6 on 6 action lobby shooter... should check that out man... much balance, all skill... no 700 kill deci shots... so much good.
  11. Pie Chasm

Hate to be a kill joy, but the solo HA vs. tank scenario vs. any good driver is a loss after the first shot.

I think it's still fine as it is. The onyl difficulty now is having to aim it a bit higher than before to kill turrets.

Still my favorite weapon in the entire game, call it Quake/Doom nostalgia.
  12. Bl4ckVoid

Rocket OHK is less much less annoying than sniper.
  13. oumajgad

Its those 5 people fault not the weapon. I love jumping out of spawn room and putting a rocket in those spawn camping faces. You want to camp spawn? Learn to do this properly. Or eat my rocket.

And... What about that rant what should kill what? Find me a anti-tank weapon that doesn't OHK soldier IRL. Good luck with that. Actually in PS2 all anti tank weapons are nerfed to the ground comparing to what real AT weapons can do.

If you really think deci is op than let me shot you and half of you friends while you will be reloading it. Oh... at the same time You claim that MAXes are fine :D That part is absolutely hilarious tbh.
  14. Shadowhunter1

i wouldn't make everyoen shoot all at once, it would be a stream of rockets, fire 1, fire 2, fire 3, ect, endless rain, you can't return fire without taking 12 to the face. that is why it is OP
  15. oumajgad

Please tell me you are a troll...
  16. VoidMagic

Currently, it is... trying to make it so... that with great great great skill, or tanker bad decision... it isn't. Used to be this way... was fun. Almost impossible, isn't impossible just asking for the "almost" back.

For this to work... getting hit in the top, front and side, can't be completely ignored by a tanker, it needs a bit more punch, so you can work the ropeadope angle of it, to get to their juicy rear end... muhaaa
  17. NCstandsforNukaCola

Don't even think that one man guy would kill s tank alone
    It's just a comedy
    You need to squad up to destroy something big
  18. Posse

A decent tanker rarely gets killed by C4...
  19. VoidMagic

bump cause... deci needs some more boom boom (DAMAGE)

Why:

1) Slow reload
    2) Slow flight speed (Maxes dodge them; nough said)
    3) No guidance
    4) Tanks are top of food chain and need a bit o pruning
    • Up x 2
  20. Juho

You're wrong. I've been in army as an antitank man. The worst enemy for a tank is a man with a rocket launcher. APILAS destroys any tank (T-90, Abrams, Leopards) with one direct hit and so should Decimator also.

Decimator should be much more powerful with a very small bullet drop and lock-ons should be nerfed instead