[BUG] The daily lag of Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DMan6505, Feb 24, 2013.

1. AltF4Fun

That doesnt mean more info for the server,your graphic card is rendering them for you.The server had to hold track of all people before and after the enhancement of render distance.Just because you cant see them doesnt mean they are not there.You client is just not rendering them for you for better low spec PC builds that may not handle it.How do you explain rocketspam from crown from invisible players,if the server is not exchanging constant informations....
  2. Vortigon

For the vast majority it has surprisingly nothing whatsoever to do with high pingers - those days are mainly gone - most latency issues for PS2 is server side. I have 86Mb Fibre broadband and during primetime ONLY I have bad latency issues, even though my connection is perfect.

I have seen less latency issues on a dial-up connection FPS game, than on Miller during primetime. (Yes I remember dial-up FPS games)
  3. PS2Freak

Now on crown - Tr Mosquitos poping in and out at 150-200 m ,

sky is clear, sky is clear.. ups. what the.... zephered....

dont like that render distance update. now it seems to not work properly on mid distance
  4. AltF4Fun

Would laugh my *** off if they handle the vehicle render distance by simply making it into infantry distance .People and tanks popping up 10m in front of you.
  5. Turiel =RL=

It doesn't only happen at the Crown. It happens everywhere on Indar. Esamir is ok though.
  6. Canaris

can't but agree poor Miller Indar's server hamster is not looking well at all these days.
  7. S1eB

bump.

Fix this **** SOE it's getting ridiculous.
  8. Rayden78

On prime time on miller the lag often gets that bad, that 2 engineers need nearly 2 minutes to repair a tank. Also Ammunition packs dont work anymore.

Is this problem only related to Miller or are there other Servers as well suffering from this problem?

PS: I don't know how the game splits up players on continents but obviously it only affects full continents.
  9. Turel2

I play on Miller also. The lag is mainly on Indar.
  10. Sinoby

Yeah this is so annoying. Every evening the rapairs are broken, LA has unlimited fuel for jetpack, healing is broken, ammo packs take forever to reload, lots of lag with hit registration. It feels almost like first days after release...
  11. Raap

12. Raichu

I think SOE did some maintenance today, Have you been on today yet?
  13. AquaKiller

It has something to do with Indar being a testground for render distances, infantry renders and various other stuff we dont know about.

Temporary solution is to switch to Esamir/Amerish. Those are lag-free mostly and epic fights occur there.
  14. Rayden78

Yeah i was on 5 minutes before i posted that thread.
  15. Turel2

Also the jump pads keep firing me off the buildings in a comic but very annoying way.
  16. Linedan

Mattherson has had the same issue two of the past three nights on Indar. Ammo packs won't resupply, repairs won't work, just weird stuff in general happening.
  17. Killy80

Oh noes, if it starts on Mattherson as well that can only mean it's an issue with the game code and we gotta wait till eternity to get a fix.

That or each server is a gameboy, we just notice it on the full ones earlier.
  18. SebDollar

Yeah, it's getting quite bad lately on Miller. This is what me and the other members of my outfit is experiencing:

These issues seems to be confined to Indar, and only during prime time. The issues comes periodically and affect all players around you without exception. It can last between a couple a minutes to hours in duration. It doesn't seem to be affected by the amount of people near me. At least the repair issues can happen even when i'm in the most desolate places trying to repair my Reaver.

When repairing one of two things happen depending on you are repairing a Max or a vehicle.
    1) You repair a vehicle, and the round progress bar in the middle of the screen will go up at a normal rate while using the repair gun. It will also overheat at a normal rate. But if you look on the at HUD indicator on the right side of the screen as to how much health your vehicle has, it will stay the same - until it sunddently jumps up. It will continue to stutter like this, and the amount that the health jumps up, is not consistent with the amount you would normally have repaired in that time period, making repairing vehicles very slow.
    2) When repair a max, it will instantly show as having full health when you start repairing it. Both for the guy repairing and the guy in the max. But as soon you stop repairing it will drop back down to the original amount of health.

As others have described, when trying to get ammo from an engineer ammo pack you have to wait almost 1 minute per magazine.

Edit: as far as i remember, the issue have been going on for about two weeks, but growing in severity to the point that i never go to Indar anymore
  19. Tigga

Yeah - I've no idea why anybody bothers with Indar any more on Miller at prime time. We have two other perfectly good continents which run without issues and have good enough pop for some massive battles.

Maybe that's the plan - FUBAR Indar so people will play the other two more! It's never been too much of a problem on Miller anyway...
  20. Duff_Chimp

Its not my ping that is the problem, seeing as the hit calculations are made client side. Somebody with bad ping will not update your position on his screen fast enough, so they are actually shooting at where you were and not where you are. Eg. around a corner.

Broadband isn't the issue i'm almost certain that everyone playing will have some form of broadband. Geographical location is one of the biggest factors in ping, if the person playing in France gets low pings of around 20-30, America would get more like 100-200 and i'm sure people from even further afield play. I knew a guy who used to play WoW from Qatar, in a game like WoW latency is less of an issue, but in a fps it is paramount to game experience, anything over 100 would be less than ideal, whilst 250+ would be borderline unplayable imo.