[BUG] The daily lag of Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DMan6505, Feb 24, 2013.

1. IMTasty

We sometimes go there with a few squads during small ops. But to be blunt, lots of members do not like Indar right now, played on it for so long during beta, it lags, glitches, too many hexes, if you do not have a big ops going on you are probably not gonna capture it regardless and the TR zerg gets stuck constantly in chokepoints and certain bases and you have to herd them onwards by capturing surrounding territory. So on and so on.

We go there sometimes though. Depends on the mood really, or if we are just looking for a fight if there is non going on on like Esamir, maybe during non prime hours. Personally I am just wishing for cont lock or something similar to be introduced. And personally I think Indar is in a need of a bit of a redesign as far as hexes and bases are concerned. :)

The Goons are always nice to us, I don't for a second believe they would be anything except respectable people towards other factions, it's not in the Goon nature to trash talk. I don't understand where you get these silly ideas. :D
  2. GamerOS

I'm mostly referring to Yawn, he might be an exception tough, but has certainly helped me loose respect for the Goons.
  3. IMTasty

Yawnn is a highly respected individual who has never done anything to upset anyone. He's an example of what everyone should strive to be. He's the most respectful, diplomatic, kind and reasonable person on Miller. ;)
  4. Arquin

My outfit mate reported that he basically afterburnere'ded from Peris Amp to Allatum with a magrider. The lag and bugs are insane during the weekend.

I once managed to use jumpjets to get 200 meters up in the air and then I died when I fell down.
  5. Raap

Bumping this. Game is unplayable right now.

- Infantry won't render past 50 meters.
    - Players are warping.
    - Repairs are not registering and not giving exp, when they do give exp they give double. Also a desync with repairs, you can repair to 100% on your Engineer tool and when entering the vehicle your health is reset to what it was before you repaired it.
    - Repair issues happen to healing as well.
    - Being damaged by invisible sources.
    - Vehicles blowing up instantly resulting in 'suicide'.
    - Lots of other problems, and everyone is experiencing the same issues.
    - To top it off, a lot of cheaters are killing people from underground.

The server badly needs a reboot at minimum, and considering this seems to be unique to Miller (I see no other servers complaining), a hardware check...
    • Up x 3
  6. maxkeiser

This.
    • Up x 1
  7. Baleur

It won't until they have a stricter cap on max players per continent. Because obviously their servers CAN'T handle it.
    I'm sick of it.
    This EXACT problem (warping players, flying lag vehicles, 9 second hit detection lag (no joke)) was what happened right after release on many other servers as well (Miller was the first to experience it). It got resolved, then it happened again during the holidays. And still to this day it has NOT been resolved.

Yes devs, it's been like this since christmas!! The same issue as the servers had just post release.
    Why u no investigate? I even saw plenty of warping glitch lag players and vehicles during their FNO, yet they didn't even make a comment about it or even a slight remark like "uh, this is weird and laggy, we gotta look into it". They just took it as if it was working as intended.

Oh, thread starter, infinite magboost too, not just jumpjets.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/infinite-magboost-server-latency-issue.98059/
  8. Kairis(TR)

we are a friendly lot tbh (yawn only /y to people in game for fun) but welcome to join us on our TS server and pop in to have a look.

also we normaly run a full platoon on outfit nights so I dont think we are one of these "massive" outfits
  9. Joram

Correct me if im wrong but i thought that we have the servers capped at 600 players per faction.
  10. shd

They borked something in the net code this last patch. I never had lag before it and there definitely hasn't been a population surge lately (not on woodman anyway).
  11. Maruun

Bump

SOE look into the freaking LAG onMILLER. Its not even fun shooting a Vanguard with a lightning 6 times in the back berofe its official destroyed. We are talking here about Indar (obviously). Every other continent is nearly empty and fighting on a empty continent is no fun....fighting on a lagging continent isnt fun either...
  12. Chipskream

People arent leaving at a fast enough pace for SOE to care.
  13. Maruun

I think more we need to spam the Twitter accounts before they react. Miller has Serverlag....SOE has brainlag... Servers are from SOE....this can take a while...
  14. GamerOS

I don't have a problem with /Y chat, it's some of his forum and Twitch chat that made my opinion of him drop sharply.

but maybe we just got of on the wrong foot or something.
  15. Maruun

Bump

I will bump this thread until Miller geta a statement...otherwisae Miller will be one of the Server thats need a Server merge if this keeps up.
  16. Killy80

It's very very bad on Miller on Indar right now. I quit the game today because of it. Especially the repair, ammo and healing lags are awful and can cripple an entire force.

I've yet to read reports from other servers where this is happening, so it must be an issue exclusive to Miller.
  17. Chipskream

Truth. Ill pack my things anyway but SOE hasnt even acknowledged that there is a problem, as with so many other things.

\\Oh and by the way: The healing/repair/ammo thing is happening on woodman aswell. In every major battle. So I think it happens on all servers, but most arent populated enough to produce a big enough fight. So maybe some genius at SOE will have the idea that server merges are a BAD idea when the game doesnt work properly if there are too many people playing.

Well, if they dont fix it soon, the complaints will absolutely explode after they merge the servers. And at that time, it will be time for SOE to bring out the third SMG, this time with a magsize of 100 and a a RPM of 1100. You know, to calm the masses.
  18. GamerOS

And now the server went down, no warning or anything just before it happens either...
  19. Raap

Aaand it's down.
  20. Flash891