[BUG] The daily lag of Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DMan6505, Feb 24, 2013.

1. DMan6505

Every day, on Indar, at about the same time, the daily lag of Miller starts, completely ruining the gameplay.
    Here is a list of bugs that I found:
    1) Needing to stand a minute on top of an ammo pack to rearm 1 magazine.
    2) Healing and repairing - Doesn't work for the first few seconds. The progress shown doesn't represent the real progress. When you stop healing / repairing because you thought you fully healed/repaired someone, you notice that there wasn't any change. Same for reviving.
    3) Suddenly being insta-killed by a shotgun-like barrage of bullets, only to find on the death screen that it was actually a rifle.
    4) Infinite jet-pack fuel - jet pack fuel is being almost completely refueled the second the space-bar is released.
    5) Infinite cloak - same theory as the jet pack.

This lag usually lasts for a few hours during prime-time and suddenly disappears late at night (about 12PM GMT yesterday). This lag completely ruins the gameplay, because without the ability to rearm, heal or revive, attacks are being easily defended. Also, people are abusing the infinite jet-pack and cloak bugs to their advantage.
    It first appeared a few weeks ago as a short lag that disappeared quickly, but grew worse every since. As far as I can tell from a player-perspective, nothing has been done to address it.
    I saw posts being opened here about this issue and quickly disappear into the archive without any attention. I also tried to open a support ticket, only to be redirected by the CS to different how-to-open-ports guides. Basically blaming me for the lag.
    • Up x 13
  2. IMTasty

We bring this up basically daily, I wonder how long it's gonna take until it's solved. =p
  3. Maarvy

Delete the crown , problem solved ,
    • Up x 8
  4. AnotherNoob

I would guess that it is server lag issue, so either they have to buy new servers, or fix the code. I would guess the former, but atm I guess they are doing the latter.
    Wild speculations btw :p
  5. Phazaar

It pisses me off so much I've barely played for the last few days. Beyond sick of it.
    • Up x 1
  6. MajorZbug

Only happens around The Crown, Ti Alloys, Crossroads and such. Other places of Indar are fine, other continents are fine. Hopefully it will encourage people to go to other places ...
    • Up x 1
  7. Maarvy

I think maybe it follows Brtd and your girlfriends the Goons around , I guess thats what comes from bieng in the cluster f**k .
  8. DMan6505

When it starts, it happens everywhere, not only in crowded places.
    And lets please keep this discussion on topic.
  9. MajorZbug

Nope. When it happened yesterday I just drove my farming prowler all the way back to Xenotech and could repair it just fine, no lag whatsoever. It was impossible at Crossroads.

It does affect people that are next to crowded places. Exemple : an empty Allatum can lag because of Ti Alloys next to it.
  10. DMan6505

I'm not completely sure but if I remember correctly it started with the new render-distance tweak.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
  11. MajorZbug

Sure seems it did. That would also be quite logical : bigger render distance, bigger lag.
  12. PS2Freak

and btw. render distance changes, seems affected now near - mid distance, i see more thing poping in - out in cqc. somebody else ? [also miller]
  13. Smuggy

We (Goon Brigade) have noticed this the last few ops nights as well. We even dropped out of alliance ops last night in favor of keeping Esamir countercapped.

It's a odd kind of lag but it is definitely screwing up gameplay on Indar.
  14. Riftmaker

I also made a thread about this on the General Technical Support. I've seen countless other threads about the same issue all around these forums. Even tweeted them about it since we know that's the only way to get them aware that something is going wrong. What did they say ? The classic we're looking into it.

I only played a few hours this week and i'm getting tired of "Game updates" and "Hotfixes". It just keeps getting worse. Can't really say that i miss the game that much. Pretty sad,it has the most potential of any game i've seen so far
  15. Grotpar

I hopped into an ESF, and ended up with like 10 seconds of additional afterburner fuel, no additional afterburner fuel.
  16. IMTasty

Like other have said, it seems centered around areas on Indar with a lot of people in them. Yesterday was extremely bad I was told because several outfit (BRTD included, who then poked at others to come) were asked to go to the Crown so a guy could record it for a montage. But I honestly wonder how many people even rendered for him. :p

There are actually two other outfits besides BRTD on TR that are larger than Goon, so if size=lag I don't see why you're aiming at the Goons specifically. Don't see what they've done to you. :p

And actually no, we usually do not have everyone at the same place and luckily for us we tend to avoid the Crown "area", and alot of the time prime time Indar in general. The other continents are lag free and less **** to play on during prime time. :)
  17. Duff_Chimp

Since when did the goons and BRTD start frequenting Indar? Indar is a **** hole for TR on Miller we rarely make any territory past the Crown, in fact we struggle to keep Allatum and Hvar on a regular basis also. We are generally being boxed into a corner by NC and VS, which is pretty much the same **** as before warpgate rotation, except then we had the top half of the map from time to time.

I would like to fight on Indar more but as the vast majority of the population there are poorly skilled, tactically inept and downright frustrating to fight with. The lag is the least of our problems on Miller.
  18. ShockATC

Nope, not only at crown and nearby territory...
    it happens everywhere on indar when the big fights start! no matter where you are
  19. pnkdth

My favourite issue is when the render distance decided to trollololol you. Thought you were safe? BAM! Here's 15 TR!
  20. AltF4Fun

I dont see why the Render distance should affect lag.Its the same ammount of people standing around and the server just getting the same informations from peoples location and shooting.It does the same as before.If something should be affected with better render distance its the fps...