The correct way to balance/nerf the Heavy Assualt Sheild

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Huggzsbunny, Sep 7, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

Exactly. As a HA myself (60% of the time I spend as infantry is playing HA), I don't think there should be a "balance". Mainly because:
    1. The word "balance" actually means nerf in Planetside. People only use it to try to trick people into believing that they don't want a nerf.
    And 2. The HA becomes slower AND gets more protection, two things that MUST happen. LAs and medics are the best classes to fight a HA head-on, with the LA being able to adequately flank enemies. People just have to realize that it's THEIR fault they lose versus HAs, not the You Lose shield's.
  2. Huggzsbunny

Its not just 1v1. It's 4v4,8v8, 12v12, etc. This is an FPS. Not an RTS, or RPG. You screw up 1v1 gameplay, it effects the large scale gameplay as well. That's something people don't understand when they say "This game isn't balanced in 1v1..." when SOE is clearly balancing or atleast trying to balance it to 1v1 better because it goes into large scale gameplay, not just 1v1. People are supposed to understand by now that if someone states there is a big issue with 1v1, it effects larger fire fights and effects the balance of the game in general.
  3. Shaggath

I really undestand idiot who think ha need a nerf.

Against ha medic have best weapon.
    Light inge have more mobility.
    Infi have smg and this is the problem some guy can screw with smg.
    But there is a simple fact if they use little snipe like tsar and implant like
    battle hardened they can os everything but this require some skill.
    The game is balance infi can choose confort with smg or use little snipe to improve efficiency with some skill.
  4. Scorponok

well lets get the HA shield delay of 1-2 sec or make into a defence slot were you choose either the shield or rocket launcher...i play mainly HA.
  5. LibertyRevolution

Because with Heavy Assault you press F and instantly have 600 extra hitpoints.. Is this really that over your head?

What if Light assaults could press F and instantly rocket 50m away.. that would be the equivalent of the current HA overshield.
  6. Casterbridge

I think my preference would be Klypto's suggestion, to remove the headshot protection, HAs still have an advantage but less of one, and anyone who gets an out right flank on a HA would have little excuse on not getting the kill.

So HAs would still get the bigger magazine guns, would still have reactive shields and would still be the front line trooper.
  7. 7 Drunk Midgets

Simply lower their overall speed. Heavy mains vehemently defend their class by saying it's a tanky sort of class. If this is the case, it should move like a tank. It should be the Vanguard of infantry, melting faces, but doing it very slowly. Doing this would also force the Heavy into a niche, like all the other classes, instead of the jack-of-all-trades it currently is.
  8. Scorponok

why not make them immobile? stand your ground shield...so it will be more a last resort, they already have more ammo in their clip then any other class.They also have rocket launchers.