The communities outlook on Indar

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mojo_man, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Mojo_man

I was curious what the community here on the forums thought of the Indar continent and why it's so overwhelmingly the place to fight. This topic came up a few days go between myself and a few of my outfit members and there were only about 6 of us in that conversation, but I got about 25 different answers as to why it was so popular.

For my part I feel like it's a fine continent, but not really markedly better than the other two. Like the other continents 75% or more (made up statistic) of the fights there seem to take place in just 4-5 territories (TI alloys, Ceres Hydroponics, Crown, Crossroads, Tawrich). In my own opinion, I feel the continent has some pretty significant flaws as well with the South Eastern Warpgate being a miserable location for your empire. That coupled with the combined facts of having spent so much time on it, and fights on other continents drying up the minute that Indar unlocks, means I've actually come to prefer avoiding Indar all together if I can find a decent fight elsewhere.

I was wondering what the rest of you thought about the continent and if any of you had any similar opinions to my own on the subject.

P.S.: as a side note, and realizing that my opinion on the subject is likely in the minority on this, I'm going to say that I honestly feel like the game would improve if Indar were to be removed.
  2. entity009

my map pref :
    1.Hossin
    2.Amerish
    3.Esimir
    4.Indar

The communities map pref
    1.Indar
    2.Esimir
    3.Amerish
    4.Hossin

I love Hossin has some really cool bases (like the sunken bio-lab) and really neat LA combat areas. People hate it and often refuse to play on the cont, even during alerts. It is harder to drive/fly around but the infantry combat there is great. I guess alot of people would rather fly/drive than ground pound/redeploy. Hossin has been my favorite cont since PS1. I dislike the brown/orange terrain that dominates Indar and don't care for the snows of Esimir much more.
    • Up x 1
  3. Mojo_man

Hossin is actually my favorite as well, and I've held the opinion for a while that the continent is very under appreciated. Esamir would likely be my second favorite, despite it suffering from some pretty significant flaws in my opinion (Only one tech plant\ the Eastern to Western Warpgate lattice is way too short). Amerish I like as well, but it's got one of the most skull numbingly HORRIBLE lattices to push in it's western most areas. Seriously, two Bio-Labs and Subterranean Nanite Analysis on one lattice......*Shudders*
  4. Campagne

Personally I love Indar. I really enjoy the variety in the environment, being able to go from a dusty barren horizon to roving green hills. It's not as good as it used to be though, with the numerous revamps and such modifying some of my old favourite bases.

I also really like Esamir, but it was better without the walls. (If one could ever find a fight that didn't warrant their addition, anyway.) I like the wide open feeling of Esamir.

Amerish just annoys me with all the terrible bases and frustrating hills and mountains. There are a seldom few bases that I really like there though.

Hossin is just hot, sloppy, wet, ****hole. I hate the roads, I hate the bases, I hate the plants, I hate the trees, I just hate the damn place! Also the infantry combat there sucks ***!
  5. SarahM

With all the rocks, trees, cliffs and overhangs, indar provides the most cover from air (only hossin provides more). If the other continents had more of such terrain fatures, they'd probably be more popular also. Just a rock arch or tunnel or just adding a bit of an overhang to a steep hill here and there would help a lot.
  6. Pikachu

And you don't list any of them. o_O
  7. Mojo_man

I was primarily just interested in the forums opinions on the subject, but some of the common ones were:

1) It has the best combat variety (Infantry, Armor, Air, etc)
    2) All the other continents blow (Not an opinion I share, but it was one I heard from a few people)
    3) It has the best Lattice Structure, and allows for more dynamic fronts (meaning you're not just stuck in lattice lanes all the time)
  8. Pikachu

Hearing the reasons from no less than 25 people outside the forums is most interesting. We all know the general opinions on the forums.