[Suggestion] The Commissar hat looks terrible. Here's how to fix it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zuludown88, May 11, 2013.

1. Badname3073

No worries, they will release the second hat (less ugly) in a couple of weeks thereafter. Bets?
  2. Badname3073

Hugo Boss would sue
    • Up x 1
  3. Tycoh

Haha icwutudidthar.
  4. Kallowe

It could look cool. Sadly it doesn't match any of the uniforms that are available, that well.
  5. void666

Add a gas mask to the hat and i'll buy day one. The way it is now i'll just point and laugh.
    • Up x 1
  6. EWarren

I think the cap is fine. Weird to have goggles on them, but oh well.
  7. Sam the sheepdog

8. -Zlodey-

If you want to know, real-life soviet commisar hat looks like this:
    [IMG]
    or this:
    [IMG]

Its not giantic at all.
  9. Thardus

It looks great... the problem is that it's being worn like a fez. It's just kinda perched there. o_O
    • Up x 1
  10. Aisar

I had a good laugh the first time I saw it in the store the other day. So..so..bad.
  11. Rentago

THIS JUST IN:

THE CURRENT AUDIENCE ONLY KNOWS CALL OF DUTY
    THEY WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT WARHAMMER 40K IS OR WHY ANY REFERENCE TO IT WOULD BE COOL.

that hat looks cool, but it needs to be balanced out with having large bulky armor, the hat alone on something like an infiltrator wouldn't work, it is meant to be worn by the heavy assault who has composite armor.

I understand why people would be displeased with how it looks, I'm sure more than half the people here are better off going back to the already existing games that are designed around what they want and not push games to become **** for them.

This goes of course both ways, 40k is cool, and giving cosmetics that are themed as such is fine, but if it were just as dumb as the people pushing for this game to be more battlefield than planetside is another story.
    • Up x 1
  12. Unclematos7

I guess they were going for the Warhammer 40,000 look. Hope Games Workshop doesn't see that...
  13. zuludown88

1) That's an engineer. Not an infiltrator.
    2) It being a reference to 40k doesn't make it okay. It still looks terrible. Awful.
    3) We're all aware of 40k,
  14. Hypest

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  15. Rentago

you dont seem to understand, i gave the infiltrator as an extreme example of being skinny and armorless.

it is a reference to 40k with a little alteration to its style so they cant get in trouble for just stealing something from another company, like the storm trooper helmet for the TR, it looks fine, but only on the heavy assault with composite armor, and even then we have the problem of exposing your face in this game where you have no real face selection or customization looks bad unless you could give yourself facial details.

also you are not aware of 40k.
  16. FABIIK

1/ Medic regen tool. 2/ Respawns.
    PS2 soldiers dont get old or scarred.
    And do you really think the time between two deaths is enough for facial hair to appear ?
  17. DDaly

hahaha classic
  18. Sebastien

German uniforms were designed by Hugo Boss, that's why the SS looks so snazzy.
  19. Zan_Aus

Its a good thing you're on the job Carson!!
  20. huller

[IMG]

[IMG]

Concept art looks pretty neat to me, guess it'll just be appropriate for the heavy assault like the dreadnought helmet. Also, trench coats, we need trench coats to supplement our hats!