[Suggestion] The Commissar hat looks terrible. Here's how to fix it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zuludown88, May 11, 2013.

1. zuludown88

Perhaps it's a bit late to fix the hat (two days before it goes live), but I think it's painfully obvious that the new Commissar hat looks comically stupid.

[IMG]

Here are the problems:
    • The peak is at a ridiculous point. No peaked cap looks like this.
    • The brim is tiny and covers nothing.
    • There's no band separating the brim from the crown.
    • The wings badge is far too large.
    Here are some examples of real life peaked caps. Note the larger, more downward-angled brims and smaller peaks.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Note also that these hats don't look terrible.

So, in short, SOE should make the Commissar Hat look less like a weird red blob perched precariously on top of the TR soldier's head and more like the above real hats.
    • Up x 22
  2. CrimsonDaemon

Thank god. I was starting to worry I was the only one who thought this.
  3. Blarg20011

Now, I hate to bring up certain Germans whose name started with an "N," but their hats were pretty fine.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  4. KAHR-Alpha

There are two other issues with it:
    - apparent lack of hair, would work better with a berret
    - it's way too bright, it needs to have a darker shade of red
  5. Amphoric

The way it looks, feels like this to me, instead of the hats showed in the OP's post.

[IMG]
    • Up x 17
  6. Zitroxious

It looks phallic, how appropriate lol
  7. skoorviel

I wonder whether the hat will inherit the color of the equipped camo, like helmets do.
  8. DonC

Rofl, people thought it was gonna look like 40k units when it really looks like a 3rd world's high ranking police guy.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
    • Up x 1
  9. MaxDamage

• Up x 1
  10. KAHR-Alpha

That would make things quite interesting. What I'm most worried about is that everyone will have one, which will make things look even weirder, they should really somehow allow them on squad leaders.

PS: with that said, keep in mind that the angle at which we're seeing it is weird, as the camera for previews is actually much lower than usual.
    • Up x 1
  11. Tycoh

Why can't SOE just copy the fascist German clothes line if TR is supposed to represent a Totalitarian republic? Their clothes and style looks way better than this techno china get-up that TR has right now.... and to think that clothes from the 1940s beats TR's clothes.

They could have at least added a Commissar's trench coat if they were going to add this hat in. The hat doesn't fit any of the armor kits for infantry.
    • Up x 1
  12. Fenrisk

It's not just the hat. All the faces and heads in this game look like fresh recruits straight out of boot camp. We look like jar heads with a constant frown on our faces as if our girlfriend just broke up bwith us 5 mins ago. You don't give high ranks to fresh faced whiny grunts.

Where is our grizzled veterans faces with beards, scars, wrinkles and maybe a eye missing?

The TR armor and latex suits don't help either. Our infiltrator needs to look less like a S&M gimpy and more cloak&dagger with a trench coat and uniform.

Give us more suits, faces and features!
    • Up x 6
  13. illgot

and put the goggles over the eyes!
  14. AxIsMarKsMAn

You know, it is from the Warhammer 40k
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

For me, it is very cool, look NC maybe you will better?
  15. Schnitzle

goggles should be worn while the hat is on. To cover up extra surface area under the brim and detract a bit from that comical peak,

also the more face that is covered the more "impersonal political machine" look you get, which is exactly what the tr is.

If someone could kindly edit the goggles being worn rather than resting on the brim for comparison I would be very grateful.
    • Up x 1
  16. St0mpy

I think its horrible, no doubt NC/VS will get some cool looking usable items instead, just like the TR dreadnought 'shoot here' helmet and the up and coming glowy eye hey im a TR at 200m helmet, in both cases the VR/NC variations are far nicer and cooler, theirs actually looks like space faction helmets.

So 0/3 for me, I guess they dont want me to buy cosmetics.
  17. Drealgrin

looks pretty badass, Don't know why you're complaining about getting faction specific badassery.
  18. phreec

It really does look ridiculous with that oversized wings emblem and upwards tilt.
  19. Nocturnal7x

Needa more brim, cant even see a brim. Also too tall ffs.

I cant wait for the NC berka
  20. Malsvir Vishe

Because a lot of people on the TR think it looks ridiculous, and those are the customers for this hat, correct? :p