The CARV Lmg.....

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by KnightCole, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Coffinfeeder

i have no problems mowing people down with it, tho I use the whatever-50 now. I use the reflex sight, much better FOV

some things to keep in mind:
    the proper response to seeing an enemy in not "Drop the clip"
    try 3-4 round 'burps'.
    recoil goes up, aim for the gut.
    it seems the tendency is for bullets to gather at the edges of your cone of fire, not sit in the middle of it.
    most people 'over scope'. unless you're sitting somewhere hiding and shooting long range, you don't need as much magnification.
    I've found, if you can see the details of their uniform outside of the color, you're too close for that scope.
    iron sights suck.
  2. Kyutaru

Actually, the fact that recoil goes up makes it easy to control. You can fire fullauto if you pull the mouse down while doing it. This is how you kill people who are bursting their weapons. The NC guns are even easier to do this because they have no COF spread while standing, yet too many people complain about the recoil without even trying to control it. Play CounterStrike for lessons on how to control recoil, brought on by your repeated and inevitable death to the guys who are 75 kills and 0 deaths.
  3. KnightCole

Hmm, well, I unlocked the Suppressor on the CARV tonight....it helps even further to keep track of my target when im engaging them. SO far, the CARV seems nice, now that I have higher armor suits and I have the gun all decked out all nice.

I trialed the TMG50...for a top gun, it sucks, the RoF is trollzy slow....didnt like it much at all....

Guess the CARV is a keeper, until it gets nerfed...is it really so OP that its going to get nerfed? I think the AF19 Merc is more OP then the CARV......seems I cant beat a AF19 guy to save my life...that gun whips some serious tail.

So far, using the CARV 99% of the time, I have managed around 311 kills and 198 deaths. Seems like im figuring this game out. Grouping up with my dad and brother in game, as well as now having 15% health increase is also helping that.
  4. KnightCole

Dang, I can see it.....the CARV all decked out and a touch of knowing the game...it is pretty decent. The suppressor is an immensely helpful tool. Just lastnight, I airdropped on an AMP Station, landed right behind 4 VS scum and commenced to kill all 4 of them, 3 of them died and didnt even know i was there...and they were all standing right beside each other. The 4th guy fired, but died....

So far, ive achieved 1.97kd with the thing....
  5. alecholman

You know you cant hold m1 from far away and hope for kills. I don't believe you're not trolling, that's just too ridiculous of a claim. CARV may lose in 1v1 close quarters to a few weapons, but rarely. And long range it's extremely efficient, just learn to shoot in bursts. I use it with NO attachments and find it my favorite weapon for most situations.

It's only foe is the max and sometimes the occasion VS or stupidly powered A19-Mercenary on NC
  6. KnightCole

Yeah, after a few days of playing, I have been doing well enough.

If you want my opinion on Underpowered Guns and Overpowered?

Underpowered Guns are the NC6 Gauss SAW, TRAC5, Cycler SMG(medic gun), Anti Aircraft Phalanx and the MAX chain guns...they are sad....

Overpowered Guns are the Bolt Driver(most likely all Bolt action SNipers) and AF19 Merc
  7. alecholman

Most of them are different for different situations but the Gauss SAW is just stupid. I hated using that gun with a passion.
    and the damn AF19- mercenary is wayyy too overpowered, I die 1v1 with that more than I do 1v1 with snipers.
  8. KnightCole

OH MY ******* GOOD GODDAMN HOLY **** WHAT THE **** DID SOE DID TO THE GODDAMN CARV!?

THis thing is UTTER ******* ******** NOW!!!!

THe Recoil is like ******* absurd now, even with the Grip and controlled bursts, its range accuracy is absolutely 0......I WILL PUNCH THROUGH THE SCREEN the next post I see about how the CARV IS OP! THis thing is TERRIBLE now....

26/19 today.......

before the latest patch, 1385/572

I sure hope as hell 26/19 isnt a sign of things to come......34 kills till 100 certs, but ****, this gun is TERRIBLE now....the recoil BLOWS *** and the accuracy because of it SUCKS...its like the Gauss SAW now...ONLYgood if the guy isnt firing back...

Orion DEFS is the best now....Orion still has no recoil...
  9. alecholman

Yeah, my KDR before the patch using CARV was 2.3
    After patch, my KDR with CARV is 1.4 and still going down a bit. Annoying.