[Suggestion] The Butcher

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Gutseen, Mar 13, 2015.

1. johnway

From what i understand, the Butcher only has extended mag and SPA. The only thing you can customise are the scopes. Which makes it pretty disappointing. In some ways even worse then the carv as you're limited to wysiswug, it doesn't have any special fancy features compared to the other faction directive weapons. Its pretty anticlimactic reward (but then, aren't most of them?)

Again, i argue that its down to faction identity. The TR are in the middle of the road and their main trait are slightly bigger clips and mostly rapid firing bullet based weapons. But when other factions encroach on this aspect with their high rof weapons, the TR faction trait is a moot point for them.

Why we can't test directive weapons in VR remains a mystery.
  2. Hetzer

I got my Butcher yesterday.
    I knew before it will be lackluster, but for some reason I liked to experience it myself.
    Well, what can I say...
    I didn't change to Engineer/MAX/Medic when my platoon requested just to finally get that weapon.
    I stick to my TMG 50 in the most stupid situations (Hay CQC...) just to get the kills and get that weapon.

For the way you have to go for this weapon, it is very disappointing.

What do I have now?
    Its nothing but a terrible version of a bone-stock CARV that I am not even allowed to **** with Foregrip/Comp and/or SPA.
    Thank you for that.

I totally get the point that this gun should be a side-grade to the other TR LMGs.
    Well its not. Period.
    Make a change and get it on par with the VS variant (and yes, the God Saw needs some love too...).

Thanks.
    • Up x 2
  3. RedArmy

845RPM at 125dmg a bullet with .75%ads move speed and youve got a deal -
    otherwise i hate all the directive guns, All of them for TR atleast.
  4. qiray12

Then i guess yourre gonna hate all the directive guns. Its not gonna happen they are gonna change the weapon that much.
  5. RedArmy

i do hate all the directive guns - they are all useless compared to others
  6. SW0V

Okay *deep breath* this is my take on the Aurax LMG's and why the butcher needs to be changed.

Betelgeuse:
    .75x ADS move speed, no bullet drop, no reload cycle, infinite ammo and tied for highest damage output of all LMGs in the game (750 RPM @ 143) makes me say:

"Wow, I want that!"

New GODSAW:
    An aim accuracy of 0 while still, 1.65x first shot recoil multiplier, 670 m/s bullet velocity (faster than the rams .50 and only 10 m/s off the god damn bighorn .50) and a damage profile that lets you get a 3 HS kill on anyone at any range makes me say:

"Wow, I want that!"

Butcher:
    An extra 5 meters to the 7 shot kill range and a 50% larger magazine over the standard CARV. At the expense of aim accuracy! Makes me say:

"Ha ha ha, why would I want that?"

Both VS and NC got incredibly powerful LMGs for killing. The TR got a SPA CARV with worse aim.

The problem with the Butcher is that it has too much ADS recoil to be effective at the 10-15 m mark where it, I assume, is supposed to shine. The problem is the 10-15 m mark is home to a host of SPA Carbines and LMG's that will outclass the Butcher simply because they're hitting you in the head, whilst you cannot do the same to them. So, you either decrease the Butchers recoil or buff its DPS so that it can compete in that environment (1-3), or you take it out of that environment by increasing its effective range (4-5).

My Suggestions on how to fix the Butcher:
    pick one, or more if you're feeling generous

1. Reduce the COF bloom to 0.04/0.03 instead of 0.05, letting us increase the size of our bursts at mid ranges before it becomes uncontrollable. This would make it unique as the lowest blooming weapon.

2. Substitute in the horizontal aim accuracy of the T32 Bull. 0.2 with 0.5 Tolerance instead of 0.19 and 0.85 Tolerance.

3. Increase the ROF to 800+ RPM to compensate for the weapons inability to land HSs at medium range.

4. Increase the range of the max damage output of the weapon to 20 m instead of 15 m. Taking the weapon out of that mid range SPA Carbine/LMG bonanza.

5. Reduce the first shot recoil multiplier to 1.5x instead of 2x so that we can at least land the first couple of shots at mid range
    • Up x 2
  7. qiray12

Godsaw trading 35 bullets for hva, ehm NOPE who uses hva anyways?

Just add a forward grip on your butcher and yourre good to go.
  8. Khallixtus

Cant add Forward Grip on Butcher, the only thing you can add to it is a scope.

But other than that, I found the Butcher wasn't that bad. Its not as good as the Carv, but it does hold 2 advantages over it, although they aren't worth it.

Advantage 1 is the obvious advantage of never having to reload, or at least very little, s it has 150 ammo per clip.

Advantage 2 is much more niche, but it is still an advantage. It deals 143 damage for half as much distance again as the Carv, going to 15m instead of 10m. Its not that big of a difference, but that one less bullet needed to kill in that 5m is still useful.

However, the Butcher is pretty bad at long range, especially for an LMG. It is definitely more usable for Close Quarters, where you will engage that guy at 15m and win because you needed one less bullet to kill him. And the fact that you rarely need to reload helps in the high intensity and fast paced action in the short ranges. But MSW-R is still a better choice for this range, simply because of the SPA and hip-fire being almost OK.

All in all, in my opinion it isn't a bad gun at all, it just isn't as good as others, but please don't use the Butcher for range, for the love of God. And its definitely not as good as the Betelguese, and worse by a bit than the Godsaw, although I don't see as much use of it, not that I'm surprised with the NC being able to use the Gauss Saw.
  9. Covah

All auraxium weapons should have :

A unique skin (not just a crap cammo)
    A unique feature
    A Slightly better stat from the original (more ammo OR lower recoil OR something else Not a huge upgrade)
    All attachments unlocked for 100% customization.

Hell it's an achievement weapon it should mean something.
  10. Kirppu1

Then you are horrible, t9, t9s, tmg, mcg, t16 ,t32, msw-r, are great weapons, i have no idea how can you get them perform bad
  11. Keldred

Betelgeuse 54-A
    [IMG]
    Orion's largest star also shines brightly as a powerful, accurate LMG capable of sustained suppressing fire. Plagued by multiple redesigns during its troubled development, the third and final iteration proved itself as a favorite amongst the VS.
    Empire:
    [IMG]
    Can Use:
    [IMG]
    Weapon Type:
    LMG
    Fire Rate:
    750 RPM
    Muzzle Velocity:
    570m/s
    Effective Range:
    Close-Medium
    Fire Modes:
    Automatic
    Headshot Multiplier:
    2x
    ADS Move Speed Multiplier:
    0.75x
    Damage
    Max Damage:
    143 before 10m
    Min Damage:
    125 after 65m
    Ammunition
    Magazine Size:
    49(Before overheat)
    Ammunition Pool:

[IMG]
    Accuracy

Hip
    Aim
    Crouch
    Still:
    Move:
    Stand
    Still:
    Move:
    Bloom per Shot:
    Recoil
    Vertical:
    Horizontal, Min/Max:
    0.2/0.225
    Horizontal Tolerance:

Angle Min/Max:
    0°/0°
    Bias:
    ← = →
    Recoil Decrease:
    First Shot Recoil Multiplier:
    2.25x
    Betelgeuse isnt more accurate by any means. It is a vanilla Orion with a heat mechanic. You have to spend the entire heat charge to down some one over 55 meters. Its the fact that it does not use ammunition that allows it to do this. Not accuracy.
  12. Kociboss

13. CriticaLHiT28

Give us TR a MSW-R with soft point, forward grip, (compensator), and a 65 or 70 round magazine. Keep the MSW-R reload, or slightly longer. Nuff said.
  14. Gutseen

i came hard on the butcher and t16 up
  15. CapEnTrade

It's highly underwhelming and the changes make it worse.
  16. Gutseen

u on kokain?

DB makes T9A accurate as a standart carv, but with SPA and high bullet speed.

150 round mag now is useless due to insane hoz recoil that makes T9A useless beyond ~40 meters
    and a 4.8 reload speed is a big advantage as it is
  17. Leivve

It would be great if the Butcher could be made into "Daddy's T1"

Small 50 round mag with a 2.75 short reload and 3.25 long while having a stupidly high fire rate and bullet damage. In exchange it I would be ok with huge bloom so at least it fits the roll of a burst slaughter house. You might only get to fire 10 bullets, but you put them out so fast and they hit so hard you'll only need those 10 bullets.
  18. Klondor

Sure, what we need is another T4 AMP, but in LMG form. I'm sorry but i have to shoot that down, because if you intend to have an absurdly high rate of fire, you must have ammo capacity to sustain damage, if you miss with that insane rate of fire, you miss that many more shots that the enemy has to put into /you/ because their lower rate of fire allows them to stay in combat longer.
  19. Leivve

It's not intended for sustain fire. It's meant to be burst or tap fired. The high rate of fire is matched with 143 bullets, so it's bite matches it's bark.
  20. Klondor

Iunno, i see where you're coming from now at least...