[Suggestion] The Butcher

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Gutseen, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Gutseen

Tested the butcher...dat recoil is just CRAP. after 10th bullet cof is insane, gun always goes from left to right....
    ether give it 162 dmg, just to somehow justefy its recoil, or delete at all
    CARV was a pain in the *** to shoot beyond 70 meters... but this, its like if carv got broken and i had to handfix it in the middle of the fight with a slab of auraxiun and a roll of ducktape.

Mother of sweet rolls... its even worse that MSW-R

if ill start comparing it to Betel or GodSaw, i'd say its even worse than EM1.
    And its so called "long range" 143 dmg at !!!15!!! meters, its shotgun city at 15 meters FFS, 20-26 at least, and even still, its wont compete against Betels accuracy, or the horse punch of GodSaw

For for what reason i grinded 5K kills? for a useless weapon?
    • Up x 2
  2. Gutseen

So i've done some shooting.
    tap fire from the console, full mag
    CARV
    [IMG]
    Same for T9a
    [IMG]

i'ma good shot, but this is some kind of a bad joke.
    strafing fire spread seems to be more consistant on the standart CARV by 20-30%

So id say
    Is it worth it? No, not in a mile.
    Does it has some major advantages over the T9 Carv? - beside 150 round mag, none
    Why its bad? - jumpy hor. recoil , slightly higher vertical recoil, pink camo

Verdict.

Down the toilet, back to NS15
    • Up x 5
  3. qiray12

I havent unlocked the weapon yet but i think its in the same phase as where the previous godsaw was usefull if you just really focussed on it but still a flat dropoff to the default weapon, they really need to redo the butcher.

Just make it a combination between the carv and tmg-50 damage profile of the carv and the feel thats more like the tmg.

Or just introduce a new mechanic that fits the tr trait.

But then again many tr and nc directive weapons are not worth the 5k kills grind. Theyre just default weapons with diffrent attachements that the default weapons cant get.
  4. Kinrex

Has never given you by looking at the statistics? It is the same weapon but with worse accuracy. It's funny that you have to spend half a lifetime to get to have such a poor benefit.
    [IMG]
  5. Kociboss

The only "TR" lmg.
  6. ATRA_Wampa-One

100% agree with the OP that the Butcher is crap in it's current state, and hopefully after the GODSAW got fixed it's next in line to get brought up to par with the other two directive weapons.

Personally I'd love for it to be the combination of the MSW-R and CARV.

Take the CARV and give it a starting 0.35 COF ADS move, then add SPA, an Adv. Laser and forward grip with no attachment penalties, and finally give it a 100 round magazine with a 4.0/4.5 reload speed.

A high DPS accurate at both ADS and hipfire LMG with a deep magazine and fast reload speed.

Either that or make it a 167 damage 600 ROF Anchor for the TR.
    • Up x 1
  7. Klondor

I personally hate using the T9A Butcher over the T9 Carv, I have a lot more trouble trying to get accurate steel on target than with the standard carv. The numbers on the recoil are deceiving to those who arent aware. Recently the butcher was changed from it's original version. if i remember correctly, it was given softpoint ammunition without the projectile speed reduction but in return for that, the horizontal recoil was increased.
    As far as i'm concerned, all the T9A is, is just a pre-buff carv with SPA and worse recoil, making the Carv /still/ better than the butcher in the performance department. Honestly, to make the nerf to it's accuracy actually justifiable, i would have increased the RoF of the weapon to 800 or 845, this would emphasize the TR's faction trait of having higher rate of fire, as well as the extended mag.

Your thoughts?
  8. ATRA_Wampa-One

This is exactly what the Butcher currently is actually. When the CARV was buffed (Praise Malorn) the Butcher didn't receive the same buff.

1787 DPS (750/143) Seems to be the maximum DPS that LMG's are allowed to have, and remember that the Anchor is on par or better than the Orion and only has 1670 DPS so that stat isn't everything and sort of proves that accuracy/movement speed > DPS. I would much rather they make the Butcher a much more accurate/faster loading CARV than make it another MCG.
  9. NinjaEarnBikes

This.

Or maybe make it fire auto-locking MCGs that shoot more accurate CARVs that shoot Mosquito Banshee rounds filled with C4.
  10. qiray12

Perhaps a buffed up SPA range and reduced reload and maybe smaller mags.

Extend the maximum damage range to 20-25.
    Reload back to 4.5 short and 5.4 long.
    And maybe reduce the ammo count to lower the reload a bit more.

These are just suggestions but i kinda like the extended SPA range since the GODSAW has its with HVA and beutelgeuse has its magazines specialty then i kinda say NC and TR should get theyre own specialty ammo (NC HVA and TR SPA) maybe even pass this over to other directive weapons of NC and TR that are just too plain as they are now.
  11. Onhil

I think a start for a buff for the butcher is to give it the same horisontal recoil as the Carv.

If I'm correct the NC and VS directive LMG's are much better than the stock one. Godsaw because it can have HVA with none of HVA's downsides. Betel with heat mechanic in theory removing the biggest downside the Orion have. So if you people realise what I'm going for here I'm going to ask what is the Carvs biggest downside? maybe the Butcher should get buffed according to that.
  12. ATRA_Wampa-One

For the Godsaw, the best buff that it received was it's moving ADS accuracy moved from 0.5 to 0.4 which now makes it a beast in CQC if you can chain headshots. The CARV's weakness I would say is it's base 0.9 horizontal tolerance... which is the reason why it feels so jittery. Reducing that down to 7 (stock T-16) or even 6 (stock Bandit and 0.05 worse than the stock MSW-R which also has directional bias) would probably do the trick. Of course, if that were to happen then it should only get the benefit from an ALS and not a grip (and also SPA) with none of those attachments downsides but that's probably the first place I would start.

Also a 75 round magazine and much shorter reload time.
  13. johnway

Oooh can't wait to try how awful this weapon really is. Less then 130 kills to go!
  14. Takoita

Incendiary ammo? Damage over time if you hit the enemy while their shields are down (could be nice against MAXes too)?

I dunno, it needs some kind of shtick to it, otherwise it's gonna be just plain worse - or better - than the CARV, not different.
  15. johnway

Well... unlocked the weapon yesterday and yeah its a bit cack. bear in mind that i don't think very highly of the carv to begin with, so to sample the butcher in the VR room and already i have misgivings about it. Its essentially if the carv got extended mags and SPA as fixed attachments. No unique special features like an overheat mechanic and infinite ammo or doing even greater damage, no, the butcher has the standard stuff you can find on other weapon attachments or even on the carv s. Its a bit of a cop out.

Personally i rather see the weapon have just one big belt feed weapon that had allowed for a slightly higher rate of fire and/or have greater accuracy similar to the torq would be nice.

Hell, i'll settle for a belt feed LMG that has a slightly higher rof then the normal carv with a foregrip.
  16. pnkdth

The main problem is that it is not much different from a CARV. It doesn't offer up anything unique or interesting as it is just a CARV with a really big magazine. I am sure I'll eventually get it but as it is, well, I'm definitely not in a rush.
  17. thebigbortishbort

why not turn it into a torq like lmg with less damage / recoil and higher rate of fire :D? atleast its different.
  18. Corvus Corax

Stick with the Bull. Or unlock for longer ****** length and then move on to a different class.
  19. RDKillerITA

The butcher didn't receive the same buff as the carv a couple of months ago. It's lmg to spray but if you want to hit something you are better with the carv (or better bull/rhino).
  20. TheFamilyGhost

I just unlocked the Butcher. Does it really have no barrel or ammo attachments?