The Broken Logic of DEVS.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Villanuk, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Traveller

The logic is easy to grasp.

-Buff every allready OP NC\VS weapon.
    -Nerf, or 'adjust' TR weapons, in response to endless NC and VS complaints.
    -Reduce weapons of limited effectiveness, the AA and MAV being perfect examples, nerfing them even further (because Photon and Air-hammer farmers complained AA fire was ruining their cert farming. Funny thing is, Flak AA is only a minor irratent at best to VS NC libs, and ESFs can evade flak AA with minimal effort. But to dev, nefts are a good thing in their mind. Construction AA is even worse. Now they are both equally worthless. Well done. I can't counter aircraft hovering in plain site a short distance way.
    -Introduce new weapons to already OP, game breaking classes . Like the LA needed buffing,\new weapons, who are they kidding?

-Rinse, repeat.

Only way to effect any sort of positive change, is to stop paying these guys. I recently canceled my paid sub based on exactly this kind of thing. Right now, my outfit are all hunting for something we can do as a group completely dropping PS2. Why would do this? Because 'dev' can't stop working overtime to wreck their own product.
    • Up x 2
  2. DIGGSAN0

Dafuq are you talking?

NC,VS and TR liberstor are ALL EXACTLY SAME.

The Light PPA of the VS ESF did get nerfed hard and Banshee rocks ESF AND Infantry.

"Buff already OP Weapons" if this is a callout for the Phaseshift buff i'll slap you literally and that is because i do not know how to react to such a dumb and ridiculous call...
  3. CrimsonEclipse5

The Betelgeuse has a higher KPH than the other directive LMGs, sure, but all the directive LMGs are separated by a huge gap in statistical performance from the standard LMGs. Should ALL the directive LMGs be nerfed? No. They're more or less functionally identical to the starter LMGs, it's the skill of the average player using each of them that sets them apart statistically.

The Betelgeuse may outperform all other LMGs, but in a 1v1 engagement its still just an Orion, just like the other directive LMGs are just T9 Carvs and Gauss SAWs. I've personally used all three of the starter LMGs, and you couldn't PAY ME to try and aurax the 5 LMGs to get the Betelgeuse. The Gauss SAW is a better gun. Period. Any statistical differences in the LMG directive weapons' performance are likely due to factors other than the individual effectiveness of those weapons.

With all that out of the way, anything the devs do to spice up the other factions' directive weapons is a good thing, as it stands they're mostly bland reskins with the attachments locked. But to say that the Betelgeuse is OP? You're either hyperbolising, or are incapable of rational thought.

Want to whine like a spoilt child some more?

TR get f*cktons of good ****:
    - Two primaries on any class they want
    - Some of the best carbines
    - A fantastic tank
    - Very consistent ES vehicle secondaries
    - Higher damage per mag than VS in literally every single weapon (except the ones that are identical across factions)

All factions' liberators are identical... I'm beginning to come to the realisation you have no idea what you're talking about...

What VS weapon which is OP got buffed in this patch? Name one.

The Jackhammer buff is dumb, but so long as they continue the trend of also buffing the other ES heavy weapons, I don't mind too much.

How is the LA an "OP, game breaking class"? Before or after the changes? There is literally no advantage given to the LA in a 1v1 engagement, and seeing as they possess next to no force multiplying abilities, they function poorly in a team-oriented environment as well.

Is there anything in the game you don't think is broken?
  4. Villanuk

Rational Thought, ok the facts and stats..

Betelgeuse 54-A performs 28% better on the KPH than the next LMG which is NC6A GODSAW. 28%, nothing in this game has a larger margin, NOTHING.
    Head shots, the BG performs 18% better than the next best performing directive LMG but the next best is SVA-GG.

So tell me how that's not OP, when NOTHING else in the game has such disparity. Wrel ( yes, God himself ) says its the best farming GUN in the game, so you know more than God? many other populists who tested the BG agreed its by far the best gun out there. Yes like all it has draw backs but as you can see by the stats, not enough.

My point is, other items get nerfed, yet this thing which everyone knows is a beast is never touched.. Its as bad as the old striker.. OK im joking, nothing ever will be that op...
  5. VitMercury

i will answer this for you.

Betelgeuse is a directive machinegun, unlocking which is atleast 5800 kills across a total of 5 machineguns, which takes time.
    Unlocking the claymore takes 100 certs, which takes an average player one and a half hours.

The claymore, as a result, is more widespread - thus, the impact on the game is bigger for the claymore than it is for the betelguese.
    Claymore is also available for two classes, not just one - which also increases how common it is.

However, it is important to note that the 'nerf' has simply brought claymore to where all the other mines are - they also have a delay, except that you cannot hide them outside of the line of sight, which is still a big advantage of the claymore over any other mine out there.
  6. LaughingDead

That really didn't answer the question at all, he asked which has a bigger impact on the game, mines get one kill per use or 0 kills per use, battlegoose is a directive LMG with no ammo use and is one of the more common use weapons among good VS heavies.

Asking which has more impact on the game, I'd obviously say battlegoose.

Not to be an **** or anything, it's just you really just beat around the bush on that one.
    • Up x 1
  7. Villanuk

You didnt answer the question.

The claymore has 9500 kills with an average play time of 57 ( although im not sure that can be monitored )
    BG has 17600 kills with a playtime of 282.

More players use the BG than the GM, so BG is more widespread.

I dont really have an issue with the GM being tweaked, but if your going to do iy, which really had little effect on the game then they must address issues that do effect the game and when you compare the both, the BG is just to bad ***.
  8. Eagle6

TR has been getting the **** end of the stick for awhile now. Anything we get that's good is nerfed. Honestly are there any devs that play TR and have a say on game design cause god help us. Prowlers are attrocious in most circumstances, our esf weapons are lackluster, our so-called max speed is ******** considering NC have better afterburners, our weapons have no real special abilities as the other factions have weapons capable of firing just as fast but either do more damage or have no drop or recoil. When is TR going to get some love, like a ******** more armor for prowlers in deploy mode, and more speed for the mosquito. Make the gatekeeper great again btw. Etc
  9. Armcross

But it will better if other ap mine be at par with pre-nurf claymore.
  10. pnkdth

As it stands(on PTS) the BG is going drop one more tier in min damage while both other purple LMGs are getting buffs. This means the BG will pretty much be a SMG in mid range combat while the Butcher has gained a single magazine of 500. In other words, the BG is going to be a more specialized CQB weapon with infinite ammo while the Butcher finally embrace the full force of the DAKKA.

If that goes to live I'm not going to play any other class other than HA until I get my butcher. While not infinite ammo, 500 friggin' bullets means it will the be king of pushing and holding points. Not only that, in rez nade wars, you're able to get right back up with a primary while others will be reloading/overheating/switching to secondaries. Currently ammo by engineers are fed directly into the magazine but I doubt that will end up on live since that would mean you could have a few heavies standing on ammo packs making it impossible to even try to push a point.

So in terms of LOGIC, <insert Ron Paul image> it is happenin'!
  11. CrimsonEclipse5

-_-

You have the best ES Infantry Secondaries. You have arguably the best ES Vehicle secondaries. You have higher damage per mag than VS in almost all cases, and on par/better than NC in many.

Your pathetic unfounded whining does you no favours in the eyes of those who I begrudgingly call your peers...

The faction which facilitates the best high skill play (at least in my experience) is the NC, however the best Outfit on Briggs is JUGA, a TR outfit and in the top 5 in the world IIRC. In the end, while the performance of your weapons certainly has an impact on your combat effectiveness, the most important determining factors are skill and teamwork. (except for solo lib ****ters)
    • Up x 1
  12. LaughingDead

Personally I do think this is a bit of a....how to put it....

Like for instance, you can't really do anything about a striker or lancer being shot at you either, the projectiles move too fast for you to dodge, with phoenix a player moves it, with fractures or vortexes, you can't really dodge those either.

GK was nerfed, sure, AH was also nerfed 3 times and ZoE was and is still terrible after it's nerf. All factions get a bit of piss in their soup, mostly because the other faction complained about it. in fact the way I see it, the only reason that this thermal nerf has gotten the most attention is because it's vehicles verses infantry, not one faction pissing on the other after all the times they were pissed on, it's a much bigger scale, like two opposing forces of entire game MECHANICS, not just which team a player is on, thinking oh **** tr got nerfed super hard, well everyone got a bit of piss as well, jackhammer lost a bullet, lasher....idk about lasher, MCG got better walking cof with the downside of standing or crouching ultimately being a less accurate weapon but it is a maintained accuracy. etc.

Just it wasn't just TR, you might be thinking "oh well psh, those weapons were obviously OP", that's exactly what all factions think.
  13. FateJH

The TR were only ever given highest cruise speed. That doesn't stop predicate nothing ever being able to move faster for short periods of time.
    The TR's faction perk is to base magazine capacity.