The Bounty System:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Moridin6

i killed a guy like.. twice, and he put a bounty on me. so i came and killed him again, 20 more times. it was a good day, i like it, though ill be higbyed if i ever spend my swag money on it
  2. stalkish

A friend of mine had a bounty put on his head the day it was implemented.
    Saw this wierd icon above his head.

Funny thing is he was the gunner in a lib and was only engaging targets chosen by the pilot. Seems a little bit unfair for him to have a bounty when he isnt even choosing the engagements o_O.

That said however, it absolutely did nothing to change his gameplay what-so-ever, appart from the red icon next to his nanites telling him he was targeted. The lib still went on the kill plenty of vehicles, and was still shot down when the pilot got a little greedy, not because the whole Fett family was after him.

Just seems a little pointless to me.
    I havent even seen any others since then, on enemies or friendlies.

Another point id like to make is the fact that it says 'Get Revenge'. This is very similar to the 'Vengence' kills that we get and may confuse some players as to what exactly getting 'revenge' entails.
    Some1 could think it actualy kills the person for example. I believe this to be intentionally deceitful.
    Why not say, 'place bounty'?

Possible improvement
    Make it more team oriented.

Could possibly have bountied players position appear on the main map, and have it update that location every 30-60 seconds, similar to how the minimap updates when cloaker motion darts are used.
    In order to make it more team oriented, the squad or platoon with the boutied person in gets additional xp for 'protecting' the boutied player, similar to how you get XP for sitting on a cap point (would possibly need a distance limitation).
    Similarly, all the members of the squad who take out the bountied player also get the additional XP for killing the bounty (again distance limit possibly required).

Limitations:
    If the bountied player enters the hex surrounding the warpgate the additional XP ceases.
    While standing in a spawn room the additional XP ceases.

I suppose this could be abused by friends on other empires collecting your bounty but no more than the current system.
    Could also remove players from playing the objective, but at this point who would actualy care?
  3. DeadlyPeanutt

adding a new map is pointless with rapidly decreasing player base....

on the other hand, adding small TDM or CTF maps, perhaps designed by players would be fun, especially if the teams were automatically balanced, like every other FPS on earth. When i get tired of the 30-40% pop imbalance in PS2, I play a real FPS with balanced teams in small maps, most with INSTANT respawn and no stupid spawn timer.
  4. DeadlyPeanutt

it's a little insulting to die and see the 'pay me money cause you're mad you got killed' button.

DBG thinks we're morons who take offense that someone in a FPS shot them?
    What are they supposed to do, get us coffee?
  5. Hammerlock

just another try of moneygrab
  6. Turiel =RL=

Maybe it would stop the playerbase from decreasing rapidly. I am sure other features would help also, like adding Punkbuster for instance, but additional content has hardly ever hurt.
  7. khmnc

so i just saw this "new feature" and all this means is i can never give them money for fear of accidentally pressing the "get revenge" button