The Bounty System:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Oct 2, 2015.

1. DeadlyPeanutt

lol are you kidding me with this? get a grip man
  2. Turiel =RL=

Please explain. I don't see why we need a merge to support new maps. Maps are currently rotating. Why can't we just add another map to the list?
  3. Liewec123

its not just "bested you".
    if you're in the mindset that you want to put a bounty on that person then its far beyond "besting"
    they've probably been HE tank shelling your spawn room, or camping the vehicle spawn from 250m with a sniper rifle
    either way you really don't like this person.
  4. TheRunDown

I think DB have a far different opinion to what is "A LOT" of exp is compared to me..
    I get 100 exp just for looking at a enemy..

As it is, it's just a B*tch button.
    A poor attempt to bring in more money, and even worse lack of imagination..

This b*tch button needs to reward people a minimum of 2.000 EXP, Plus a exp multiplier kill steak the bounty is on, add buy with CERT ability, and have a Bounty directive for settings and killing Bounties WITH! a Bounty related Directed Reward..

To be honest, I used this "once" to find a Sniper who was cheating with teleporting (Teleporting on to mountains).
    So I can only imagine people with use the b*tch button to mark players they can't kill, like a B*TCH!
    If people use the b*tch button on cheaters, DB would be less proactive to ban cheaters because it brings in more money when people use the B*tch button on them.
    • Up x 2
  5. 000AmidimA000

8 pages full of people who oppose the system. This looks suspiciously like the roadmap thread for the bounty system before it got implemented.
    • Up x 2
  6. Sulsa

Got about 1 1/2 pages in.
    Man you guys get wound up about things you don't need to use...

I think it's a rather clever addition but then I don't play any other shooters. Plus if a bounty is put on a guy who appears to be cheating, that will indirectly increase the likely hood of the questionable player being noticed and reported by others.

I think it sounds cool as I haven't had a chance to play yet.
  7. Taemien

Right now there is four maps. There has to be two maps open at all times to support somewhat of a choice of map to play on. But even then half the maps are locked out. Adding a 5th map would mean with 2 maps open, 3 are locked at non-primetimes.

What that means is say the map someone would like to play on just locked. That's THREE alerts before it unlocks.

Merging servers (which should happen regardless since the population is dropping too much) means they can keep 3/5 continents unlocked at most times.

Not for a normal paying customer. We don't typically get discouraged by such trivial things. If we're paying money, chances are we're enjoying ourselves. Remember most of the people who don't want this bounty system are non-paying members who don't want people to pay for it. That's what it really comes down to.

Think about it. A normal paying member that thinks the bounty system is dumb, or whatever. Won't complain about it. They just won't use it. We know money talks and BS walks. But freebie players are insulted at a system they misunderstand and cannot afford or do not wish to afford to participate in. These same players are offended by cosmetics.

They put up a front that they will be harassed by this system. But in reality, they don't like that there is wealthier people out there getting toys they can't have. This includes the bounty system.

I personally don't like the bounty system. And I won't use it. But who the hell am I to tell other paying customers what they should or shouldn't buy? Who the hell am I to judge them based on what they want to spend their hard earned money on? Who the hell am I to tell them what they should or shouldn't have fun with? I understand what the bounty system is for. And I think it is harmless. Its cheaper than getting three lives in a game of Ms Pacman.

You all pay far more for a match of Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter in the arcade to play a single match against someone. This is no different, this is pulling off the gloves and making a sort of challenge. Boom you've got a bounty on you, lets see how far you can go with it. And everyone, even the freebies get to play along and collect.

IMO, maybe all access members should be the only one's who count for collecting? Let the paying members have their fun. Let the freebies be their miserable selves in whatever it is they continue to do?

Lets be honest with ourselves, that's what this is all about. Freebies vs Members.
  8. Devilllike

in the update notes they said you will pay with kills in the live update you have to pay with premium cash its ********
  9. TheRunDown

B*tch button!
  10. Goretzu

I'm pretty much 100% sure this will have no positive effect on cheaters being detected or punished, if anything it may have a slightly negative effect on it.

It might reduce subtle hackers K/D ratio a bit, I suppose.
  11. Who Garou

Clearly you resent, PVP.

You're only option to tell others that it is "your way or the highway". I disagree with the system and will not support the game monetarily if the system continues.

The Bounty system has nothing to do with PVP. It is a cash grab. And a targeting system for "revenge". Codes related to conduct in game pretty much say that players are not allowed to single out other players as targets of harassment and this mechanic is built to do just that. It centers attention on the player that someone has paid to put more attention on as a target. This is different than singling out at MBT that is cruising the area or a Liberator that is buzzing the area. The Bounty system targets a player.

I suggest you buy the Company if you want to pick and chose who is allowed to play PlanetSide 2.
    Do not tell me again to quit playing the game.

I would comment further but we are not allowed to make attacks on other individuals in the forums as you have done repeatedly to me.
  12. Call-Me-Kenneth

what could have been a great cert dump for old a new players is now a few hundred hours of dev time that wont pay for itself.
    • Up x 1
  13. FateJH

I'm not certain I can articulate an alternate universe where some conceptual Bounty System would qualify as a good cert dump for a new player.
  14. Call-Me-Kenneth

10 certs to make sure that br100 gets recke'd sounds like a good investment, specially if you get the satisfaction of knowing hes dead.

it does take from using certs for guns and upgrades, but it only gets in the way if the player wants it to. and if he does, he can still sub or buy the guns with smedbucks.
  15. Turiel =RL=

I am not using it and never will. The whole concept is dead on arrival. I won't support them making money simply because this game has terrible net-code, terrible mechanics and is flooded with farmers, hackers, cheaters and exploiters.
  16. Goretzu

I nearly pressed the daft thing when respawning by mistake, they just need to make it 300% bigger and move it more central and they'll get a lot more miss-clicks! :eek: (they'll probably do it too)

Anyone used it know if there is an "are you sure" pop up? I'd assume there is, but assuming is never safe.
  17. Xeniz

I logged in after months of disinterest in the game fueled by terrible quality to find nothing has improved and there is a new bounty system (which at first glance seemed cool), only to find it costs actually money to use it and for crap rewards too.

Yep...see ya in perhaps another few months when something meaningful is added. Maybe.
  18. prodavit

I don't see why you cant use certs.. oh wait I know why the devs are greedy lol. I mean it's not game breaking but for real world money you should be able to get more than just a small amout of xp and xp boost. you should be able to clam that 25 dc if you kill the target.
  19. Pelojian

you can avoid any misclicks due to the placement by hitting ether escape or the map key and then respawn instead of risking it.

when i look at the yellow bounty button i think anyone that uses it is a coward and isn't very bright considering anyone marked by the bounty system would die eventually anyway.
  20. Goretzu

Yeah, I'd bet they get a lot of misclicks though, just through random chance (I've occasionally over the years clicked on "log out" when I meant to click on "deployment", for example :oops: ) , when I nearly did it I was just in auto-mode and only caught myself at the last second.