The Bounty System:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Oct 2, 2015.

1. SteelMantis

That's not entirely true though, you also get the ability to mark an enemy as a priority target for everyone on the battlefield.
  2. johnway

having played yesterday with it, i absolutely ignored it and i found no one else was using it either. The whole idea is bloody pointless, most people drop dead sooner or later and paying money for it to happen when it will naturally occurs is just pointless. the reward is peanuts to begin with. If it gave 25 DBG cash, than i wouldn't be so vocal, but for certs where i could get more reviving people, dropping ammo or repairing than hunting a target down? no way.

In all the time i played yesterday only one person was marked and it added absolutely nothing to my experience. hell, if someone was to mark me for death, they'll find that it would have been a waste of money as normally in intense scraps i rarely survive above 2 or 3 kills unless i was camping a doorway with lots of people and i was lucky to pick people off.

The only way to make it worthwhile was if it was an instant gratification button. Want revenge? pay us to INSTANTLY kill the target! I can see that been more useful, but also immensely game breaking, punishing good/smart players and building an undercurrent of spite throughout the entire game. Sure i get annoyed that there's a BR 100 with a liberator or tank or an ESF just spamming from a distance, but its still a legitimate tactic and there are ways to counter them without needing to resort to real cash.

Alas, i have yet to be marked for death, suggesting that i'm not that awesome as a player. even if i was long range sniper with a high powered rifle.
  3. Racheengel

This is clearly not an addition for the players, but for the company itself.
    fix the bugs first you greedy scumbags
    • Up x 1
  4. Pelojian

nah it's just those that you've made rage ether see through the money grab as a useless feature(everyone ingame dies eventually = wasted money) or they don't have any DBG at all to click away their tears with the bounty button.
  5. eldarfalcongravtank

i appreciate the dev's attempt to get new exciting content into this game. really, i do!

but i dont understand why they put this system in place which is obviously a slotmachine at work => put in 25 Daybreak cash to receive +100xp if you are lucky! i hate this random-number-generator nature in games, it completely devaluates your investment.

moreover, i'd rather they finally allow more customization and allow NS horns for Lightning/MBTs (it's about time goddamnit!!!!) i'd happily invest my cash into those!!!
    • Up x 1
  6. Taemien

Continent makes no sense at this point. A new map that forces them to lock another continent to ensure the playerbase isn't spread out. While an expansion could add entire vehicles, weapons, and features in one package that revitalizes the game. And I'm not talking about little packs they had in PS1. But a full fledged expansion like you see EQ has.

Though understandably it might be a bit late to draw players in for that. I've got another idea for that. But the point being. We get tiny updates and turnip squeezing compared to the more successful games. PS2 isn't a profitable game. Players want PVE (and non-PVE if you see the complaints in Landmark). There's no desire for competition between players. When you give a class a new toy, the players playing the others whine.

You don't have to look further than this thread. I made a challenge to another person. He puts his hands up and cries, he freaking CRIES harassment. This community thinks that finding someone and sending them back a spawn room is harassment. And you all wonder why I have such little respect for the average player and don't take you all seriously.
  7. Liewec123

bounty is a great idea, the price is hilariously naive and wishful however.
    it should be bought with certs...
  8. Rentago

I like the bounty system, but I don't like the 25 DBG cost.

For what it is, I think it should be 1 DBG, so those of us who just bought stuff for 99 DBG can actually spend our left over DBG on something.

Unless you make the bounty put the person on radar and the map for everyone to see at all times there is no reason for it to even be past 5 DBG.
  9. HadesR

Maybe they should give " Bounty tickets " free with purchases ..

For every 250 DBG you spend you get 1 free ..

That's on top / extra to them costing 25 on their own ..
  10. Foxirus

11. Liewec123

i worked out that it'll cost exactly 20p here in the UK.
    you can buy a 2 litre bottle of lemonade for that!

but the biggest problem i see with bounty is that you'd only bother using it when someone is trolling you hard, in which case you won't want to use it anyway because you'd just be adding to their Epeen when they see that they've had a bounty set on them.
    you're pretty much complimenting the guy you hate, noone will do it.
  12. bLind db

Another blatant cash grab. Not surprised.
    • Up x 1
  13. Pelojian

yep, better to rage at the screen vocally, but not physically then giving someone the satisfaction of knowing you are raging. it's not always possible to keep your feeling hidden, but then again sending rage tells doesn't cost you a dime.

so far i have seen 2 doritos with the bounty mark on them, one was a ground vehicle and the other an ESF.

would like to know what the UI element looks like for the person the bounty is on sees or at least the location it is placed on the UI.

P.S love your sig show exactly why MBTs feed off the blood of friendly infantry perfectly and what stands in the way of Carmageddonside 2.
  14. Pinkamena Diane

I am glad I started to see others who see this bounty system as something more positive than negative.

For you who say you hate the system, are you also hating that it is also, in essence, a small XP gifting to others, both on your team and for your opponents? Putting a bounty on someone would mean that you give a small gift to whoever kill him next, and if the target is good, he gets a little extra reward from you! How is showing some generosity a bad thing? I dont see it as a rage button, but rather as something that can be used as a pat on the back. "Good show mate, here have some extra XP if you can keep it up!" Its a system made to give other players around you a little something, and maybe add a bit more enjoyment out of their game.

Now, as others have said, I do find that the price a bit steep. Otherwise I dont see anything really negative about basically gifting others a bit of XP.
  15. Taemien

Why would you hate the person who bested you?
  16. Some1

Its practically in game advertising.
  17. Turiel =RL=

You have to ask yourself how long people enjoy playing the same maps over and over again. It is time for Searhus or even Cyssor!
  18. OldMaster80

It was Smedley to talk about "September" and the idea of the 2.0 (aka Conquest Mode) has been scrapped completely. The next big thing is going to be ANT + Construction and it's realistic to imagine it will come by the 3rd anniversary.
    • Up x 1
  19. Taemien

Indar has over 50 bases on it. Each base is about the size of a typical FPS map. I think we're fine. Especially since the continents rotate locked status.

I won't say no to a new map. But we need server merges to support one.
  20. Nabil1998

Ah kk! I honestly thought that they were still entertaining the idea :(