The big stand out unlocks under ASP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by frozen north, Mar 30, 2018.

1. frozen north

So this is basically just a rundown of what I think are some of both the weakest, strongest, or most interesting ASP unlocks. Keep in mind, these are all personal opinions.

Strongest:
    HA LMG secondary
    HA Heavy weapon secondary
    Heavy air discount
    Combat armour discount
    LA SMG secondary

Weakest:
    Light ground discount

Interesting:
    Most of the engineer primary weapon related ones
    Sidearm primaries ( technically I also see it as being one of the weakest, but will put it here)

These are what I see as being the strongest, weakest and most interesting of the ASP unlocks. A complete list can be found here.
    Link: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-update-3-29.248831/
  2. Halkesh

Light ground armor is the weakest if you play solo, but this perk have a lot of potential once you start to pull 48 full upgraded flash / harasser for your BR1 platoon. :p

I think the weakest perk are sidearm primary, universal decoy grenade and universal smoke grenade (as long as useroption.ini is legal to edit).
    I agree with your choice of the best perk but I'll also add the perk that allow infiltrator to use carbine.
  3. SquirtAttack

Sidearm primary would be good for a stalker infil if it is allowed. Would give them a little more options.

I would use the commissioner in one hand and the blackhand in the other...
    • Up x 1
  4. frozen north

If that is the case, then I could see it being useful for that. Unfortunately, I also think stalker completely disables that weapon slot.
  5. SquirtAttack

That is why I said "... if it is allowed". They did not make it clear if they would open that slot up for stalkers for pistol only.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

you didn't even mention stalker infils with sticky nades! :O
    mark my works, have your entire room of allies explode out of nowhere is going to be the cause of so much salt extraction.

think about it, sneak behind the entire group, unleash a barrage of sticky nades at their backs, watch them ALL explode.

also sidearm primaries IF it allows stalkers to have 2 weapons will make stalkers a hell of a lot more competitive,
    i run with explosive crossbow alot so i can help melt harassers, maxes, and plink away at sunderers, but it makes me fairly uncompetitive in 1v1s, now imagine if i have explosive crossbow and a commissioner?! :D
  7. Bansheedragon75

According to Roxxlyy they are removing the HA LMG secondary and Infiltrator Carbine.
    And in my opinion they could do away with the HA Heavy weapon secondary as well
  8. Pelojian

i think you are discounting an engineer with grenade bandoiler and EMP grenades.

with that they can sort of even the score while wearing EMP shield vs enemies that aren't heavies by ripping away shields and destorying deployables, it's sad that EMPs no longer drain cloak energy, that would have made engineers good anti SMG/stalker infiltrators.

shotgun secondary for engineer. makes a close second on worst perk next to light ground discount.
  9. Prudentia

exactly the opposite.
    while EMP for engy would be nice it wouldn't really give you anything that running Infil with an SMG wouldn't give you.

But Secondary Shotgun is absolutely murderous as you can run with a long/mid range carbine and have a Pump action shotgun in your backpack to pull out in CQC. Shotguns have very short equip times so pulling one out to gib someone in CQC is very viable.
  10. frozen north

On that, we are agreed.
  11. frozen north

Fair enough. Like I said, those were just the ones that stood out immediately for myself.
  12. Bansheedragon75

Having had some time to think about it, I think they should scrap the whole thing and instead come up with something that can benefit everyone, not just the veteran/top tier players.

I have played the game for a couple yeas by now, and have only reached BR 74(half way to 75), and I expect it to take at least that long again for me to even hit BR 100 and on top of that again the grind to get any kind of benefit from this system.
    And by the time I do hit that rank the system is most likely long obsolete, if the game is even still running by then.

What incentive is there for a player like me to continue to play the game, or for a new player for that matter?
    All I see in my future of playing this game is a very long grind towards something I dont expect to have any enjoyment/benefit from any time soon, if ever.

If they want to keep the game running they need to do something that gives people a reason to play the game, giving benefits only to the top tier/veteran players is more likely to alienate new players than attract them.
    • Up x 4
  13. SixNineFour

I am going to get all the vehicle discounts. To me, Light armor discount is not the worst out of the bunch. It significantly boosts the amount of suicide runs you can do with flash and harasser (especially useful vs. player bases). And it directly allows you to spend more nanites on other things. That 25 nanite difference is difference between leaving a present or not after pulling a vehicle.

The primary and secondary weapon skills are not going to significantly impact the game. The players that will get them are already on the skill level that it doesn't matter what specific weapons they use. Implants and personal skill is far bigger factor for them.
    It would only be impactful if these options were granted to NEW players.

And Infil carbine is also greatly overrated. It is useful for low aim infiltrator players. VERY few +BR100 infiltrators like that. This again would be significant if given to new players, but not vets who do better with the higher precision, harder to use weapons.
  14. frozen north

You and I are completely agreed on this. I actually really don't like a lot of the additions or their implementation, either because they just don't make sense, are way to heavily geared towards vets, or feel like they are indirectly aimed at harming newer players.

In general, i think they should revert the plan, and instead work on improving some key things, like making certain implants more viable, adding new weapons that are easily affordable ( aka not 1000 certs), and perhaps even a game engine rework that would alleviate some of this games notorious lag issues.
  15. frozen north

Exactly. It's all a nice idea and everything, but its a very miss guided move by daybreak.
  16. JobiWan

This will be the first thing I unlock. I can't wait. I love sticky nades and I love playing stalker. One thing I think would be great (cheese) is working in twos as suicide bombers, throw a sticky nade onto each other then just run into a crowd of enemies while cloaked.

Oh the rage tells.....
    • Up x 1
  17. Bansheedragon75

And this is why stalkers should never ever be allowed to use them.
    Its also concrete proof that the developers are coming up with and implementing ideas without having even the fainted idea of how it will affect the game, unless its a deliberate attempt at killing the game.
  18. Liewec123

just let the enemy be your suicide bombers! stick one from behind and watch them try running from the grenade icon XD
    straight to their allies :p
    • Up x 1
  19. soule561

Bansheedragon75
    you have no idea if that will work as well as you think, and seeing how every up date needs actually in game play time to figure out whats wrong and whats works, i feel your complaining before you know if the tactic you mention will be as effective as you think it will be.

For those of you complaining that there nothing for thew lower lvl players, your wrong. Those lower Lvl players still need to play and learn the game before making tactical decision on weapon set up and layout that cant be reverse or easily changed. The lower lvl have numerous unlocks they do not have, the lower lvls do not have all their classes maxed, the lower lvls do not have all the implants they want, the lower lvl do not have their vehicle set up maxed. IMO the lower lvl players have more to play for than the veteran players as the veterans only have the ASP system now to play for where as the players lower than 90 still have various things they need to max, unlock and learn how to use.

The veteran only now have the ASP system to get them interested in playing more/longer as there is more to do.Thus it gives the veteran players who have (have everything maxed/unlocked, all implants) played since the released a new system to play around with since they have put the time into getting their levels in game. As we know it isnt a easily thing to reach 100 and its literally a reward for those players who have played for a very long time without anything really new added to the game.

And guess what? If your a lower lvl you still have the ability to use the ASP system , you just need to play more and get thru the basics of the game in order ot enjoy the ASP system, if anything lower lvl players now have more to play for than before since it gives them the incentive to play longer to get access to the ASP. The lower lvl have more reason to play as they have the basic unlocks and now the ASP system to unlock, where veterans have only the ASP system......

For those complaining about the lack of team work stuff, you do not know the meaning of team work. Team work is actually harder to perform than solo playing, but once you get a decent group you will see the exp roll in regardless of kills due to the xp giving for supportive actions.

The fact is , low lvl player will complain about team work as they have never experienced what team work is in this game and have no idea how to actually work together unless the game itself gives them the route/direction for them which actually takes away from the team work aspect as teamwork can be definite a number of different ways. I play with enough decent people who have played long enough to know what will help acheive our objective and what actions will hinder achieving our objectives.

Again, time played and experience in game determine how well a group of people work together as each person needs to know their responsibilities for their specific class and play to those responsibilities. E.I. a medic shouldn't focus on kills just like a heavy shouldn't be driving a vehicle.

A lot of the teamwork/team tactics come from the experience of playing the game and using that experience to modify your objectives/plans to better fight the current situation. You can literally tell a new player what to do and that doesnt mean he will be effective at all since that person doesnt know the game mechanics, etc, so no matter what you need actually experience and the ability to listen to work as a team, if your missing one of the 2 you will not be as effective.

In short, you cant force players to play as a team, even if you add in a whole system (even tho we already have squad/platoon xp) since most players do not know how to play their class before lvl 40-60, most do not know how to use certain vehicle properly, etc,etc. The fact is most come into this game thinking its a pure FPS and you can play it like that, but after playing like that for so long and till a certain level you start to want to do more with bigger groups of people as it can make you more effective on the battle field, it is much more enjoyable with a platoon, the extra xp, and the fact that its much harder to coordinate a attack with 48 people under your command than just yourself under your command lol .

The people wanting every engie in their sunder to repair it passively, you know those extra engies can jump out and rep you , which is team work, what your asking for is to eliminate all the danger involved with team work as for engies to repair they need proper cover. From what the person said it seems like he wants a sunder full of 12 engies that literally constantly reapair the bus along with the other repair sunders (full of 12 more engies) next to it which would ruin the game since your making a vehicle able to withstand such a degree of damage that it will be ridiculous ( liek the TTK would go from 30s up to 2 mins with this stupid idea in place ) thus why they limit the number of engies who can passively repair while in vehicle, if you want an engie to repair it then find cover or suppress the enemy, then let the engies hop out and repair it as that is team work, multiply people doing various things all for one objective. You literally want to take away the human factor of the player needing to perform these task which is why its called teamwork as you need ot rely on others to do their jobs if you are to do your job properly....

So the sunder driver either needs to run to cover or have its turrets surpess the firing enemy , then the engies hop out hide behind sunder to rep it, etc. that is team work, adding some of the things i read here is literally taking away the team work and making it passively happen so its not really team work as people are un aware they are doing anything nor do they need to actually do anything at all in order to get the bonus teamwork can grant.

IF a player standing completely still/not doing anything at all can grant a "passive team bonus" in what ever fashion while doing nothing more than being within 100 meters of a fight, then im glad there no system that allowes that as that isnt teamwork , that called being lazy and not able to command individual in your squad/platoon effectively so why give you a bonus when its clearly a lack of effort of your part, try educating some players you are playing with and they can do more than give a passive repair on a vehicle........
  20. soule561

And Bansheedragon75 if your able to pull that tactic off it means the people your killing are either new or bad players as any commander would have assigned 1-3 people to watch their flanks, and if they dont there are usually bright enough players/expereinced players who know the front is well man and the flanks/rear will be where the real action is at depending on the situation and area.

And the fact you would need to re supply every few mins makes it that , your spending more time going back and forth between supplies runs than you are actually throwing grenades and getting kills, so in reality that may not be the most effective way of spending your time.

IF anything i choose the grenade luncher if i ever get in a flanking position as i do not need to re suply by terminal, i supply others around me which helps me hold my position thus giving me a longer time at getting easy kills, and if worest comes to worest i can cover my retreat with my grenades if the position is being pushed hard and cant be held but even then i can retreat 20-30 yeards and just set right back up on the enemy, giving me a much longer enagagement with the enemy than your infli trick that you seem to think will break the game

lol im sorry but i literally fell out of my chair laughing when this guy said "Infli with bandolier and sticky will break the game " this may work on low lvl players who cant read their radar or do not know the map well enough to know the flanks but in a battle wit heverything being equal that isnt the best tactic as it limits your teamwork as your spending time running back and forth, and your literally taking 1 man away from performing a more important role in the battle.

The biggest limiting factor for Team work is the pure fact that most players care more about kills and K/D and that limits how much they are willing to be team player as they want kills and not to acheive the objective at hand (i.e. capturing a base/locking a map).