The Big Bad Pistol Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Joexer, Oct 31, 2015.

1. [K29C] Gwennec

I don't think pistols are in a bad spot at all. They all suit their purposes well. I often resort to my T4-AMP to finish off an opponent instead of trying to reload. Its also great for infiltrator hunting, if you spot someone and get the first shot off, its extremely unlikely that they'll walk away.
  2. Taemien

What about the Inquisitor and Emperor?
  3. Plastikfrosch

https://ps2model-axiom.rhcloud.com/#sttk/sh25-10-10/la/1/13/2/12/70013

the beamer and the magshot are nearly in the same damage tier. the beamer kills a little faster (if you manage to hit the right trigger speed without causing a hickup of the beamer where he misses to fire one shot) therefore the magshot has more damage per mag.
    those two weapons are in a "decent shape".
    The repeater is awsome. it outperforms the underboss. only in real cqc the underboss has the same ttk as the repeater and both have the same damage per mag. also the repeater is able to get a suppressor on it which makes it a perfect stalker weapon. there is no other ES sidearm that can compete in cqc with the repeater.
    still i would not call the beamer or magshot bad weapons, because they have theire good sides too, like bigger mags and high accuracy.

those two weapons are actually pretty good. they have lower damage per mag and low rof but high accuracy and are really reliable sidearms.

the manticore is a copy/paste of the magshot and works good. it trades a little of ttk for more damage per mag and the emperor does the same. it has a lower rof than the beamer, therefor it gets more bullets per mag.

the inquisitor....on the one hand its an awsome weapon for having such a high damage per mag and still having the same ttk as the beamer. and unlike the beamer its hard to trigger one of those hickups BUT its not really easy to get this weapon to its optimal ttk and still having a good accuracy while finger-rap**** the left mouse button. the op is right a 2x burst for this weapon would help a lot.
    so....i like it and i also hate it....
    • Up x 1
  4. asmodraxus

I haven't touched any of the VS side arms since the Commissioner got released that's how "great" they are.

Beamer = useless, reminds me of the planetside 1 beamer tbh, yes thats how bad this weapon is, should of been designed as a BEAM weapon the hints in the name... If you couldn't design an actual beam weapon a rapidly firing weapon with a slightly persistent projectile effect would of worked...
    Manticore = some use, better options around, generally NS ones.
    Cereberus = just why seriously just why does this "weapon" exist, it makes the beamer look good ffs.
    Spiker = as a veteran from ps 1 this is NOT the spiker, this is merely a burst fire pistol.
    • Up x 1
  5. Call-Me-Kenneth

the NS revolvers are objectively better than the ES guns, that is a problem.
    • Up x 1
  6. asmodraxus

NS Candy cannon 958 kills 158 users
    Cereberus 663 kills 148 users
    Manticore 603 kills 162 users

When the candy cannon is performing better then two of the VS pistols, can I just say something has gone very f'ing wrong
    • Up x 1
  7. [K29C] Gwennec

Also very good pistols in their areas. I just prefer the T4-AMP for my personal use as I mostly use them in CQC engagements where reloading will cost you your life.

If I'm geared up for longer ranged fights however then I often switch to the Emperor.
  8. EPIC389

Blackhand mate. Blackhand
  9. Joexer

Wot?
  10. asmodraxus

Blackhand NC commissioner clone for longer ranged headshots due to the lower damage drop of and the sights