The Betelgeuse: Larger clip or less CoF

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Keldred, Jan 23, 2015.

1. garret0451

i just wonder what spm have to do in this conversation.
    neither can orion do same ****. i can see you really dont understand how to use it . and dont cry here about omg reload time. it only differs from cycler to 0.5s which is nothing . want bigger clip gun - welcome to TR side where every full certed gun needs more control than uncerted orion
  2. Keldred

And i'm guessing you have never used the orion. you can easily take down 4 targets at a extended range(35-55m). Its kill potential is double that of the betelgeuse. Also i have played TR and i played heavy. The T9 carv is an amazing weapon, without mods it was wrecking shop. Its kick was minimal. Its an orion with double the clip rather than .75 ADS modifier. Also i'm not crying about reload time. If it had a large clip like it used to i would take an increased reload time and a foregrip waay before the heat mechanic. What i expect out of a directive weapon( this goes for every faction btw) is an improvement on the gun its based off of. Not a insta-win. A improved model. How is reducing accuracy and clip size improving the gun?
  3. garret0451

you dont even know how many times i ran out of ammo with carv and orion when goin on 15-20+ kill streaks and playing with k\d 5+ on miller TR or lolemerald VS with ~10-15+ . you really just dont understand what unlimited ammo is mean in hands of someone with good aim.
  4. Corezer

Wrong character, or did you not notice the play time...

So you can pop targets at 65 with a serpent but have trouble with the BG past 35? Ever considered that heavy might just not be for you?

You are a special kind of terrible. Anyone with half a brain cell can tell you that LMGs are blatantly superior to carbines at range, especially carbines that aren't NC precision variants...

BTW, I fixed your E5L quality post, you should work on learning to type before calling anyone stupid.
  5. Corezer

When you have 27 days played and still a worse KD than someone with about a week on a release character, running the same PC they used for Planetside 1, you have to grasp for the "I pull 45 more SPM maining heavy than you do as light.

Oh, and do you want to know how I know you are lying about your serpent proficiency, Keldred? You have 1% accuracy as an engineer and you have 12 hours on light assault. 65m with a serpent, huh, when? Oh and your SPM as LA is far and away lower than mine, and seeing as that is just about all I play it is the only reasonable comparison for SPM, you might want to work on that, too...
  6. qiray12

I personaly dont mind a bigger clip (just add 5-8 rounds max) for the betelgeuse but then give it so that when players overheat it they have to sit through a much longer reload wich makes the weapon less used in biolabs or something where you just empty the clip.

But then again the TR and NC lmgs are just basic guns they dont have any new features or traits that give them like something to really go for, yes i know they currently have 150 round mags but for example buy the t9 carv s and buy extended mags and you probably have almost a equal weapon like the butcher.

As it is so far the betelgeuse they can tweak it but first redo the NC and the TR ones.
  7. Xasapis

I don't think the Betelgeuse needs any buffs, but I also agree with the fellow that says that you don't know what you're saying if you argue that the Betelgeuse is in a position to be accurate at anything beyond 50m. Not compared to other LMGs, starting with NS-15M and moving to SVA-88, Ursa and even Polaris. Orion and Orion without attachments (Betelgeuse) is a paint mixer for anything at medium range and beyond.

I think there is a bit of confusion there, in regards to what constitutes unlimited ammo. One of you is talking about the magazine never emptying and the other about the overall bullet cache being infinite. Having an infinite bullet cache is not much of an upgrade, indeed. Having a magazine that potentially never empties is. Besides, removing the need to cache ammo also removes one of the synergy reasons with the Engineer class, which is a much bigger downside overall.
  8. Keldred

Your funny really you are. I can pull off those shot the times when i feel like playing my LA or when im not in a tank as an engi. You pulling your KD makes me giggle. It dosent matter. You have a higher KD and lower SPM cause your not on the objective most likely hiding in a tree but hey that's what light assaults do. That's what i have an over-shield for i guess. Ill keep my eye out for you. See you on the field. Better hope you can kill me in one clip.

[IMG]
  9. garret0451

just the question of controlling bursts

Having an infinite bullet cache IS upgrade. for example : i guard\camp point i know exacly from where attack will be. i kill with 100\300 carv , lets say 20-30 bullets per kill, ~15-20 in best scenario. and no engi nearby to give me ammo so my options is to fall back\redeploy and let enemies to get to my idiotmates or fight with pistol and die very fast with same general outcome. but having infinite bullet cache i'm limited only by my medkits

you k\d make me giggle. so about about it ? and xp\min is just worthless statistic FYI. and just question for you : what is the point to be on the objective when you can't properly defend it ?
    p.s. looking that you asked for accuracy buffs you need at least 2 clips
  10. Xasapis

How relevant for the power of the Phaseshift is having an unlimited ammo pool? And we are talking about a class that is more likely to find itself cut off from supply lines, while a Heavy is much more likely to find ammo scattered anywhere in a base.
  11. Xasapis

Hitting somebody at range and killing somebody at range are two entirely different things. Burst firing at range is a given, even single shots with certain weapons at range makes sense. That doesn't change the fact that certain weapon are horrible at range, by design, and some are better suited for the role. Betelgeuse is one of the horrible ones.
  12. z1967

[IMG]
  13. Shanther

You are acting rather mighty for a person who has a 1.36 KD and SPM of 221. You really shouldn't be trying to insult people's stats with stats like yours.

I digress. The Betelgeuse doesn't need any buffs. The gun is stupid good as it is. The times where you would be better off with an SVA are few and far between.
  14. Corezer

When you feel like playing LA... having 12 hours played as this class since release says you are full of it.
    when you're not in a tank as an engi... having 1% accuracy as this class says you are full of it.

The fact that you say you cant make those shots with a BG, or any shots past 35m, says you are full of it...
  15. Shiaari

This is an interesting thread to read, considering Betelgeuse is what I'm working on right now.

I see mixed opinions, which is a very good sign. I think I'm going to enjoy this weapon.
  16. CreamPieCrusade

Ugh, nothing makes me cringe more when people call Magazines "clips"
  17. Keldred

Technically its a battery but yea I'm working on breaking that damn habit. I get all manner of **** at the range when i slip up and call it a clip...