The Betelgeuse has to be nerfed.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by cheesepuffs324, Nov 13, 2015.

1. stalkish

Why do people keep saying this crap.
    The mag does not have the worst armour, it has the exact same values as the prowler, please look it up if you dont believe me.
    It also is absolutely not the slowest tank, it has a ******* turbo........
    Let me guess your response, 'O but thats the mags special ability, its doesnt count'. Well i guess that means the Vanguard shield doesnt count either, making the van the worst in a 1v1 situation right?
    • Up x 1
  2. BaronX13

It does indeed have the same armor values as the prowler (although it also has the largest cross sectional area).
    It is in fact the slowest MBT in the game not counting the split second magburner speed.
    The magburner will indeed give it a brief bit of acceleration and top speed, though this benefit lasts for a second.
    The magrider also has the lowest DPS primary canons by a significant amount. (I think the magrider AP canon maxed out has the same DPS as the lightning AP canon maxed out actually.)
    The magrider has the lowest velocity primary canons by a significant amount.
    The magrider cannot return fire while running away due to the fixed primary canon.
    The magrider, to use it's magburner ,often has to show it's weakest armor.
    The vanguard's specialty is defense (shield, better armor), the prowler is pure damage, the magrider is supposed to flank. That required flanking forces the magrider into positions where they are easily jumped by air and/or enemy forces. This is because the need to "flank" forces them from the safety of the "ally bubble of friendlies" which the other two tanks do not have to deal with.
    The mag can climb things better than other tanks.
    The prowler has both the best long range and short range AV secondary options.
    etc etc.

Basically, the mag is the most fun tank to use but ultimately is the least functionally effective in the majority of situations. Anything the mag can do, a prowler can do better. The only situation this isn't true, is when a mag sets itself up on some random hilltop, which puts that mag in direct danger of being ganked by aircraft because it is out on its own anyways. In fact, IIRC, a mag's dps is so low, that a 1/2 mag can jump a prowler and take the initial shot into the prowler's rear armor, and a 1/2 prowler can still "turn around" and out DPS the maggie, winning the fight. ( as long as the prowler doesn't miss it's shots).

That explanation a bit better?
    • Up x 2
  3. Daigons

The Magrider needs a giant boost to their primary weapon to justify it's fixed mount or at least change it to a turret mount. Magburn is worthless in a large engagement when there are enemies all around.
  4. stalkish

All vehicles flank, please dont pretend thats only the mag. Ask any tanker what defense they use, youll get an almost unanimous answer.

In any case im not here to debate MBT vs MBT vs MBT, just pointing out that the mag isnt the slowest tank as long as the vanguard isnt the worst 1v1.

Way to concntrate on the limitations tho man, nice victimisation there, i see VS havent lost their touch around here for that.
  5. Foxirus

Way to back out of the argument the second you realize you're arguing a lost battle. I was going to post a reply to your earlier post then saw you were already destroyed. I'll save you the further embarrassment.
  6. Nextronix

Surprise: It's red BUT it is shooting back. Must be wrong.

Just works as every AI mine should work. If did not see it then you should be screwed. Claymore is not OP others should get a buff.

Please choose any kind of weapon of the NC arsenal and lets swap them with our striker. You get the striker ... we get ... NC popcorn machine of doom... or NC ponyhair smoother MKII. Well I don't know the NC weapons that much but it does not matter - the Stiker is only good to tickle some aircraft that is screwed onto the air for 2 clips for some reason. It's the pretty much most crapiest weapon after the fracture.

Is the reason why you may keep your max weapons. Did you ever get killed by a fracture (except if you where AFK)?

Keep range, turn on shield and just kill it? It's the AV "shotgun" under the vehicles. It have some advantage but even serious disadvantage. Usually you could do pretty much everthing with Helbard (but could apply damage to mid and long range as well). Vulcan is good at some trolling Harasser or on the MBT if you get some very close 1vs1 (but what would you do with that gun after that kill?).

You don't have any AP, HEAT or HE with NC? You have to hit twice to apply the damage. This is an advantage and disadvantage.

Would swap this with some OP shield (same as Max). Lockdown means screwed onto the ground ... means easy target. So it's only usefull to use at very large range or if your victim is some sundy (that is screwed with some vangard or magrinder as well). Usually everybody just moves behind the forcefield and repairs before you get the kill at long range. And with a max ... if you don't kill it after he spotted you first time then there is a good chance that he would kill you (because you are still there).

Lets switch them with the NC versions. I don't care.

Lol?

Do you seriously think your rocketpack is weaker? Did you just wrote any weapon that killed you the last days? How about Vanu stuff that could kill infatnry easy with primary and secondary (as NC could do as well)?

If you fear the repeater then you're doing something wrong.

Lets swap this with the Jackhammer if you feel better. I don' like the Chaingun but stats at other players looks like you could use it somehow. Anyway I think the only faction that may cry regarding that special heavy weapon are Vanu.

Would you swap the Blitz or Sirius against the Failstorm?

LMG "snipers", Scythe with smallest hitbox, Sirius (love this with my VS char ... would get something like this with my TR char as well)
  7. BaronX13

All vehicles flank, but maggies NEED to flank to be competitive (assuming both parties are equally skilled of course). That's the main difference. While a stealth mag is dangerous, a stealth prowler can flank and still have the dps advantage. A stealth vanguard can flank but still hold a defense advantage. That's the main difference. So to throw that little statement back at you, ask any tanker worth their salt, and they'll tell you the same thing.

The second thing you said is just plain silly. Factually the mag IS the slowest tank, there is no disputing that no matter what you believe, that's just the vehicle characteristics. Whether the vanguard is the weakest 1v1 depends on who you ask. Some believe the shield is an extremely strong tool in 1v1 (which it is, to a point). Some thing the prowler is the best 1v1 tank due to the fact it's dps is so high it can chew threw the shield. But...and this is important, no one thinks the maggie is the best 1v1 tank in a straight up fight. This is because the only way a maggie can win 1v1 versus the other tanks is with superior skill, or flanking.

And last but not least. You can try attacking me (though I don't know why, as I wasn't exactly attacking you), but that's your game not mine. The maggie has limitations, but so does any other vehicle. And you can forget the victimization commment because as I've said, the maggie is the MOST FUN tank out of the three by an extremely large margin (at least in my eyes). I don't care if it isn't as good (or otherwise), I would never want it to change because it is so fun to use. I'm stating facts not complaining, you're the one insulting VS for some reason.
  8. stalkish

Mags have the same need to flank as every other tank, all tanks get squashed by the enemy zerg head on, hell all units get squashed. Id extend my thoughts to everything in the game requires flanking to be most effective. I agree the van still has its shield the prowler still has its anchor, but the mag still has its burner, i play against plenty of extremely competent mag operators and let me tell you, they dont let me get near them through use of magburn. Besides, there are places mags fight head on, off the top of my head theres the ice river areas of esamir, theres the drive from dahaka amp station up to indar comm array ive seen mags decimating opponents from the ciffsides up there.

You keep saying its the slowest, its not, 99% of terrain outside of the wargates is uneven, rocky, hilly, dips and holes everywhere. A mag glides over most of these objects no problems, objects like a small football sized stone that a vanguard has to drive around (or try to bump over, destroying your ability to aim and your speed totally in the process) a mag can glide over, that means not turning left / right, which of course means maintaining full speed not slowing down, which all tracked vehicles do when they turn due to the way they turn (i.e braking 1 track). Even if the mag does have to avoid an obstacle, it can do so by straffing left / right, again not loosing forward momentum as it does it, infact ive been told by mag drivers is possible to increase forward speed with the straff, never mastered it myself tho, ive always thought it contras out since you have to turn slightly.

Uphill a mag doesnt loose anywhere near as much % of its top speed as the van does, good luck reaching any speed at all if you start moving facing up a hill in a van, about 20kph is you max.
    Sure if you just look at the KPH of all the tanks, the mag does appear the slowest, i dont blame you for only seeing that, but when using and moving about the battlefield, doing quick flanks within a battle (im not talking about the long 5-10 minute flanks around a zerg undetected, but about the flanking round a rock while the enemy tank you're fighting is repping, or the quick skip round a corner, attacking a tank from one angle disappearing then appearing from another), hill and slight incline climbing.
    Also please dont underestimate the usefulness of being able to drive up a cliff, ive had mags flank behind me where i thought only air could get to in the canyons on indar, Ive had mags burn up the cliff area next to Zurvan that other vehicles cannot traverse, ive had mags drive over a cliff, then come back up the same cliff a few seconds later when im out repairing because of magburn (i say cliff, its terrain that my tank would slide down as if made of butter).
    Then theres the tracks, you dont have to put up with tracks, if the front of my tank is slightly raised making the middle not touch the floor then i cant traverse my tanks hull, so i have 2 tracks touching the floor in 4 places (all the four corners of my tracks), but i cannot turn my vehicle, it just sits there like it doesnt have the torque (to clarify, it absolutely should be able to turn at this point), mags dont suffer this.

So when i say its the fastest, im not talking pure top speed. My saloon car has a higher top speed than an F1 car, theres no way id say its faster than an F1 car.

Please explain to me, if the mag 'isnt as good', then why does it have better or equal stats to the other MBTs?
    Thats what i mean by a victimised mentality, all you see is the negatives, never the positives. I wasnt attacking you personaly just saying that forumside has a victmised mentality, and VS sure havent 'evolved' beyond that, you of course were included in that along with the rest of VS.
    ^It was a bit of a half serious snidey remark tho, my apologies, i never meant offence.

This is a forum for discussion, not a place to 'win' arguments.
    Looks like another for the ignore list, please feel free to reciprocate.
  9. Azawarau

From a personal perspective the mags ability to get to places other tanks can and its fixed canon that lets me kite around targets while firing at them makes it my favorite tank by far and the one ive been most effective with

Id trade it for the vanguard if the Vanu would take it