The Betelgeuse has to be nerfed.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by cheesepuffs324, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Lord_Avatar

No problem. Which servers, btw?
  2. Flag

It should be Cobalt (VS) - Miller (NC).

In Millers last match against Emerald (emerekt lel) the reavers scored 3100 kills in the 2 hours, out of which 1896 were AH kills. That places it as the 3rd most lethal gun, only second to the Orion with 3729 and Anchor with 2162, and ahead of the SVA-88 which scored 1112.

http://planetsidebattles.org/match/54

That is significant.
    • Up x 1
  3. Lord_Avatar

I'm not arguing the AH's effectiveness, but I'd hesitate to call it OP. Powerful outside it's intended role (AI) and very synergetic with the Reaver's powerful afterburner, but calling it overpowered feels like an overstatement to me. Still, I'm an InfantryKnight :cool:, so take my opinions on anything that flies (bullets aside) with a grain of salt.
    • Up x 1
  4. Noooooch

Yeah VS has the Betelgeuse. It is NOT better than the Orion, it just has the overheat mechanic, whereas the Orion has access to a forward grip. You know what the TR have? The MSW-R, The Carv, The Butcher and the Rhino, all great weapons. As far as Heavies go, we even have the Striker which is hella better than the Lancer for air deterrence.

Stop having this mentality that Betelgeuse VS Heavies are invincible, because they're not. Pick up an MSW-R start dunking plebs instead of rage posting on forumside.
  5. Flag

Well that description pretty much defines it as overpowered. It's already good at it's intended role (AI) but it remains good outside of it. If that doesn't qualify as OP, then what does?
  6. XenoxusPrime

The TR arsenal:
    -Widely considered to have the best roundup of assault rifles in the game (Cycler, Saber, TAR, TORQ)
    -The repeater is still for the most part seen as the best ES secondary.
    -Widely considered to have the best roundup of empire specific vehicle secondaries (vulcan aka the mini shredder, the Marauder aka the fury on steroids) and lets not forget the Gatekeeper. Oh the PPA has returned as an AV secondary now.
    -Whats next? How about the MAX, yeah that sounds good. Pounders shred infantry and vehicles even though they are AV and even though they were nerfed Mercies are still very effective against infantry, Onslaughts are also an amazing choice. I guess i should mention lock-down as well even though when used with dual bursters the TR max turns into a full fledged AA powerhouse.
    -Next is the Prowler, need i say more? I can go to any stats sight and find the Prowler leading in almost every single chart when it comes to comparing it to the Magrider and Vanguard.
    The way i see it TR is just fine but i guess they are bad because the Striker and TRAP are bad even though I can mention many more weapons on VS that are just as bad, if not worse. One last thing though, most of us can at least agree though that NC has had the best everything for a while.
  7. Dualice

BG is fine. It's just infuriatingly effective in the right (or is that wrong? :p ) hands. They need to give the other factions' auraxium weapons something unique too though, I think. Spool-up on the Butcher ain't a bad start I suppose.

Wrel's recent vid on the Betelgeuse may be of some interest:
  8. PasitheeVS

Well, what you're basically saying is
    " I have no idea what I'm talking about" (Vortek)
    and
    " It is way too powerful, but not OP" (Gatekeeper/Vulcan)
    and
    "It's our faction's stuff, it can't be OP" (everything TR)
    and
    "It's not OP, its equivalents are UP" (Claymore)
    and finally
    "it has to be OP, it's called asymetrical imbalance" (Prowler)
  9. PasitheeVS

It has NO downside FFS!
    It can undeploy and drive away immediately!
    How s#%/&id are you?
  10. Mxiter

Ever used a mirror?

All factions have strong points and weak points.

You basically focused on others empires strong points and totally forget or underestimated your own faction ones.

Sure, some are undebatable (GK), some debatable (punders-repeateter), but Tsar (wich have clones in all factions)-striker-AMP-EM1-Vulcan (Hum Alphellion)? Seriously?
    That don't makes you credible at all.
  11. Ximi

Vanu have other things OP too:

Phaseshift.
    Magrider.
    Scythe.
    Spiker in charged mode.
    The ES RL using charged mode.
    No bullet drop on some weapons.
    Quick reload speed.
    And other things that i dont know.
  12. Foxirus

Shut up go get my sandwich. I'm tired of waiting.

Oh! Don't you forget the Doritos either. You'd better not stick your hand in the bag, Just bring the bag and I'll get them out myself.
  13. Foxirus

Please tell me thats a joke. Dear god I nearly died laughing.
  14. Ximi

Play on Cobalt on TR or NC side and u dont laugh anymore when u see how OP is Vanu on the things mentioned.
  15. XanIves

Good god, someone called the Phase**** op. Ximi, I beg you to go trial that weapon, so you can see just how bad of a weapon it is. The only reason it has any kills on the killboards is because of noobs who see a seemingly cool description sniper rifle, waste a thousand certs on it, and then cry before deleting the game. The phase shift is so underused I got confused when I heard one firing for the first (and last) time 400 hours into the game. Phase shift is like a worse version of the TRAP.
  16. Foxirus

Look. Im going to be brutally honest with you... If you die to a phaseshift or a charged spiker? You are pretty bad at the game...

The only way the phaseshift is a threat is if you are standing still. Stop standing still all the time and you won't get killed.

The Phaseshift can't even kill in one shot outside of 230m. 190m if you put a silencer on it. Combine that with its horridly slow velocity, shoot on click release, and you can quickly see why its doing so poorly.
  17. Ximi

So,u laugh because ive said Phashift is OP or because all things mentioned????? Dont say me that Magrider or Scythe is not OP at least,picking off the holy Phaseshift.
  18. Ximi

Dont tested the weapon since my last time on Vanu,and that was one month. In his time i see OP that weapon,not because damage,but for unlimited ammo/charged mode/no bullet drop. I didnt noticed the bullet velocity issue,i think is the same as the others Vanu snipers,but im not sure.

Anyway,i dont care much,my main char gonna be NC,and NC have the best snipers,period. And dont say me the contrary.
  19. Foxirus

You have got to be trolling. Your signature says Drama, Best sniper in the game... Seriously, If any of this was even remotely true as the "best" sniper in the game you would at least have SOME understanding of the enemy factions snipers. Even I know the basics to the Railjack and the TRAP.

As for the Magrider and scythe being OP? Not really, The magrider has the weakest armor, Slowest speed, and the worst bullet drop of all the faction tanks. Its only saving grace is that every now and again, You will find an area you can climb that gives you a small advantage over tanks below you. Have fun staying there for long though, Before every air unit and light assault in the game makes a B-line to suck your soul.
  20. Ximi

Enemy factions dont have Railjack in their arsenal. And the Railjack is the best sniper,at least in terms of damage and bullet velocity. Dont say me the contrary please or the only troll one was u and then i dont answer anymore,the last thing i want is to feed a troll.

Additionally,make a thread for this,we are doing offtopic and this topic is for talk about betelgeuse.