[Suggestion] The best Nc heavy weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Newlife1025, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Newlife1025

I need some advice. I've been searching for a new weapon and stumbled upon the Em-1 and Em-6. I liked the Em-1 for its high rate of fire to try to maby counter the TR chain-gun. I also looked at the Em-6 for its versatility. The auto, two burst, and semi auto functions would help at longer ranges. If there are better guns, please post them and ill test them out in VR training to see if they fit my playing style.
  2. Vintorez

As many will say, there's no "best" primary weapon for any of the classes. The default weapons are decent all around. Some are better at longer range and poor up close, or vice-versa. If you're a newer player and am sitting on one of your first stacks of 1000 certs, spend them on suit/ability upgrades or equipment that fulfills a role you have no decent alternative for, such as AA weaponry.
  3. WhyLB

Is that some copy/paste statement?
    Because saying the SAW is decent for newer players is rather risky

To answer OP's question: probably the best NC heavy weapon and the best CQC LMG in the Game is the LA1 Anchor, which if you get good at headshooting, is a beast.

Since youve mentioned burst/range tho, youve listed the best weapons for that already. Ive heard the GD-22 or what its called is nice aswell.

If you really like Ranged Combat tho try the different Assault Rifles and Carbines in the game aswell!
  4. Pinkpuff

GD22S is probably the best light machine gun in the entire game. It has good usable hipfire and 3 head shot kills for close quarters plus just happens to be so ungodly ridiculously accurate that you can use it from just about any distance that infantry fire can be used from. Don't let the lack of silly attachments fool you, it doesn't need them. If you have decent aim or want to develop decent aim then GD22S is the only way to go.

However, if your aim isn't very good and you feel you'd be better off with a weapon that shakes it's bullets around then the Anchor as mentioned above is probably better. It has better hipfire than the GD22S also.
  5. Liewec123

personally i LOVE the EM1, its almost perfect imho,

you'll hear people bashing it on here because it has something like a 0.2 second slower theoretical TTK than other LMGs,
    but ignore them, it has a huge magazine, best recoil of any LMG, and a really fast reload,
    if you find all of that is worth more than a 0.2 second theoretical ttk difference, then i'd recommend using it! :p

SAW is your powerhouse on the opposite side of the spectrum to EM1
    EM6 sits nicely balanced between them.

though as was already suggested, try them all and go with whatever feels right for you :D
  6. Newlife1025

Ive been playing for a year and I'm tired of the drfault. It fires too slow for my liking and ive died a lot or wasted time reloading.
  7. Newlife1025

Im more of a spray and play player, but i also loo for guns that can play multiple roles.
  8. iPervy

NC main here that has the EM1, Anchor, and EM6.

Personally have a bit of a hard time choosing between them all myself, but if I had to choose one I would go with the EM6 because I myself am a sucker for the accuracy and control of burst fire guns. Anchor I also like to but honestly the versatility of the EM6 is to great to have me choose the anchor over it.

Safest bet though for someone who likes to spray and prey is the EM1 though. Both EM1/EM6 are versatile enough to be fine all around, but the lower ttk and significantly short reload time of the EM1 makes it a outstanding gun that I would more likely suggest to anyone wanting a safe buy (especially if they aren't partial to the NC's heavy hitting rounds).
  9. Newlife1025

10. Newlife1025

The EM1 and EM6 out trump the anchor for me. The EM1 would probably be for closer range fighting and mowing down hordes of VS and TR. The EM6 felt like an all rounder. ll do more testing and come to a final decision later
  11. Newlife1025

The EM1 and EM6 out trump the anchor for me. The EM1 would probably be for closer range fighting and mowing down hordes of VS and TR. The EM6 felt like an all rounder. ll do more testing and come to a final decision later
  12. orangejedi829

You've probably already heard many say, there's no "best" primary weapon for any of the classes.

They are wrong.

CYCLONE.
    • Up x 1
  13. DarekSkychaser

If I can throw in any opinion here, I just started with the EM1 a week or two ago, and it's been absolutely fantastic. If you do buy it, though, make sure you also buy a forward grip and a scope, ideally the 3.4x variant. These give it pretty decent accuracy, even and range, and the thing packs one heck of a punch.

Best of luck, though, whichever you wind up choosing.
  14. Gundem

I have an NC character named "DatCycloneBoi".

It's glorious.
    • Up x 1
  15. Jrv

Godsaw is the best.

Absolutely melts through infantry if you get the burst right and can control the recoil. Only downside is you can't move around much. It doubles as a DMR in that you can pick people off from extreme ranges; you'll beat any TR/VS heavy dumb enough to trade shots past 100 meters with you. I've gotten the drop on squads and mowed down like 8 guys in one magazine with that thing.

On the move, I'd go with the anchor, em6(200 round magazine), or jackhammer.
  16. Khallixtus

If you're a new player, chances are any gun will be better than the SAW. It is a difficult weapon to use. The Anchor is definitely a strong LMG, however, it is close quarters oriented (still decent at range) and may be harder to use at range without practice.
    The GD-22 is a well, all rounded LMG that still fits the NC niche. It has good-enough hipfire and good-enough accuracy at range. It should have been the starting weapon, not the SAW. But it works well in multiple roles, which is good for players that can't buy all the guns like some others.

If you like shotguns, the Jackhammer is super rewarding of a good, calm aim, and also works at ranges well past other shotguns.
  17. blackboemmel

As far as i remember the LMG-stats from past Server-Smashes with NC participation:
    No.1: Anchor
    No.2: EM6
    And that exactly reflects my opinion on the topic.
    Also very good LMG, especially when purchased with real cash: NS15. (ADS movement speed!)
  18. orangejedi829

GODSAW simply doesn't have enough DPS to be viable against high-skill players. A CARV or Orion user who can consistently land their shots will always beat a GODSAW user, all other things being equal, because the SAW has lower DPS, AND must be burst-fired, lowering its damage over time even further.
    The GODSAW is great for farming average players, but it is certainly not the best LMG once the stakes are raised.
  19. \m/SLAYER\m/

EM6 - best all around, Anchor even better.The rest can be replaced with NS15M.
  20. Jrv

By that logic every NC heavy weapon can't compete with other high-skill players because they have the lowest DPS in the game. The EM6, Anchor, EM1, GD-22, etc all have lower DPS than their vanu/terran counterparts, so by that logic none of those are the best either.

NC heavies are the worst at close range unless they have a jackhammer, which is a limitation the other heavies don't need to deal with considering they have better heavy-hitters at close/medium range. The Godsaw trumps everything at range, and if you get headshots it's actually faster DPS than anything else. Obviously you have to play to your strengths, which is using a jackhammer at close range, anchor/em6/em1 at medium, and SAW/Godsaw at long range. Personally I like the godsaw the most because it's actually viable at all ranges if you can aim it well. Might as well play to a faction's strength instead of using inferior versions of other factions' weapons and trying to beat them at their own game.