The Bastards : Planetside 2 (Helios) focused Clan : Propaganda Poster

Discussion in 'Helios (US West)' started by KILLFACE, Apr 4, 2013.

1. KILLFACE

"They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear."

[IMG]

Main sessions :
    Friday 6.30PM PST - Planetside 2 Session (Zim's KOTH's)
    Saturday 6.30PM PST - Planetside 2 Session (Tourney)
    Sunday 5PM PST - Random Games Sunday
    Tuesday 5PM PST - Planetside 2 (Standard Operating Procedures)

If you need to localize that time click here (link).

The Bastards a part Australian part American (with a token European) Clan whose Planetside 2 Chapter is based on the West Coast Server Helios, we also have active League of Legends but EVE Online Chapters but I should not neglect our Arma 3 and Star Citizen Chapters that are currently in early stages.

If you have a Fire in your Belly then you are the type of man we want, we seek Troopers with the Balls to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done without ***** footing around or crap getting tied up in Committee's for 3 weeks. We want the Smartasses, The Sinister, the guys that step over the line habitually, Monacle-Clad Vaudevillains, the Sadists, the Alcoholics and other sorts of Dirty Rotten Scoundrel. We have no time for the Timid whose emotions are easily hurt, we want men that get **** done without worrying about putting a pretty bow on it or holding someones hand if they are feeling emotionally fragile. Why you may ask? Well that's simple :

''Show me a hero, and I'll prove he's a Bum'' - Colonel Gregory 'Pappy' Boyington.

We are very regimented in our approach to combat and have done extensive work on both our Structures and heavily researched Indoctrination Manual, we have Divisions for those of you who seek a permanent but those are not required for if you are without a dependable schedule but you still Thirsty enough to join us, we try and remain both flexible and professional, so are prepared for both types of player. I should mention however, that casual players will not be eligible for high ranks (Corporal maybe, at the most), you will have to earn your ranks and be willing to learn, you will not be handed a Rank because you've been a member for a while, you will get a rank when you can do the job the way we need it done and are eager to put in an extra mile. We are constantly sizing up our members for prospective talent and training the ones that pack the Gear to serve in my beloved Unit, if your keen on leading then show initiative and a Twinkle in your eye, sometimes a bit of fire in the belly is enough to get **** done, sometimes its that extra inch that pulls victory from defeat, and that's why we seek it out above all other attributes.

We seek a Professional attitude but a relaxed Atmosphere, we only have one Formal Rule (link), that being said if you step outta line you gotta go one round or less with the Clan Leader. If you think you've got what it takes to be a Bastard, file a recruitment form on our Forums or jump on our TS3 Server and join us in Battle.

Footage from one of our first Inter Clan Tourneys :

Why aim low? We aspire to live by similar principles to the Ranger Creed.
    [IMG]

BASTARDS! LEAD THE WAY!
    KILLFACE
    Clan Leader
    The Bastards

www.thebastards-clan.com
  2. Brasidas

This week's formal sessions begin in less than 12 hours! See you on the battlefield from 7pm PST!
  3. Brasidas

Mid-week session begins tomorrow night at 6pm! Look for our squad in game, or join us on teamspeak thebastards.teamspeakcp.com:7042 if you want to be part of an NC Ranger regiment!
  4. Brasidas

Need a crew? The Bastards are recruiting and you might just fit the bill; check out our website or join us on Teamspeak - thebastards.teamspeakcp.com:7042.

"Freedom is the Right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime.
  5. KILLFACE

Are we Autobots? Maybe sadistic ones... Deceptabots... Or Autocons or something.
  6. stalkish

Lol is this realy your outfit name, howd you swindle that 1? seems against the censorship policy to me.
    I like it nice job!
  7. KILLFACE

"Show me a hero, and I'll prove he's a Bum" - Colonel Gregory 'Pappy' Boyington.

Used to be, but ain't anymore, made enough noise on the forums and I guess they thought it was a bit ridiculous a Clan's name is censored or something. That and we ain't calling other people Bastards, we're calling ourselves that (Blimey mate this is even our Official Theme Song) cause its what we aim for and what we are, sure we mean well, but we openly encourage smack talk and bad taste jokes so it seemed sorta fitting. We only have one formal rule, but a rough guideline is 'if it could be considered offensive but was intended as a joke go for it, but if it could be considered polite but was intended to be Offensive then KILLFACE is gonna have to slap ya around', so far we've had little to no problems, not ones that lasted long anyway.

And to be real it was thought of in about 10 seconds tops. Was originally the 'Jet Bastards' before we moved from specializing in Air Assault and Air Drop techniques to primarily utilizing Mechanized Infantry (with Armor Support), was literally like this 'OK what do I call this pack of Smartasses in Jets... The.. Jet... Bastards... That'll do.' then changed to very simply 'The Bastards' when we changed specialty. The main leftover from the Jet Bastards days is likely 'Baron Von Reaverton' our official Mascot that you can see here.

Embracing our Bastard side has made me enjoy this job so much more dude, I never have to hold back making Bad Taste Jokes, never have to pretend to be a Gentleman, it just makes my job that much more enjoyable. I've damn near started to enjoy off field Psychological Warfare as much as the on field Shooting.

Wanna see our most recent Inter Clan Job Posting so you can see why I enjoy my Job?
    (I normally only post stuff like this on our own Forums but figured since you were interested it'd help to explain why we are called The Bastards)

"I need the right man for the following job, applicant must have unnecessary levels of Spite and literally be fueled by Hatred and Rage.

Social Media Warfare Officer
    The Bastards Social Media Warfare Officer coordinates and directs the Bastards Propaganda on the Social Media Theater, while this Officer may handle the Clan's Youtube and Facebook pages this is not their primary duty, their main duty is alternative forms of Propaganda, examples of such Propaganda are as follows :

**** EARTH HOUR!
    There is a charity 'thing' called Earth Hour which tries to get people to turn out their Lights and unnecessary Electronics for an hour for some hippy crap reason, '**** EARTH HOUR!' would be initiating a movement to get people to turn on everything they can find for an hour out of pure Spite.

Go out with a Bang.
    Alcoa are decommissioning a local Refinery (Guy I used to drink with *every*day* works there), this initiative would entail organizing a petition to get them to blow it up instead of whatever approach they are taking at the moment. Because awesome.

Puppy Haters Anonymous.
    Look at em, sitting there all Cute and Fluffy, like a walking Dim Sum full of Joy, don't they make you sick, we should pursue the ideals of being a Bastard more than just on the field, we must be aggressive with our Propaganda to seek out the type of Scoundrels we want and inspire fear in those we do not. (I actually like Dogs but that's not the point)"

Strength and Honour
    KILLFACE
    Clan Leader
    The Bastards
  8. Brasidas

[RNGA] lead the way! Come fight with us this weekend for Freedom and the Glory of the New Conglomerate!
  9. RobotNinja

Soon to be a Connery focused outfit?
  10. Brasidas

Word on the street is that SOE has held back the merger so not sure what the time frame for a merger (if it happens at all) would be at present.
    As former Genudinians and current Heliodine residents, we see it more as becoming a 'Heliodinnery' outfit ;)
  11. Brasidas

You will never find a more wretched Hive of scum and villainy on all Auraxis, yet pound for pound somehow we still put in more work for the community than any other Helios Clan (we neither confirm nor deny it being court ordered community service).

BASTARDS! LEAD THE WAY!
  12. Excellentz

You guys are insane. And I love it. /salute
  13. KILLFACE

Little bit.
  14. KILLFACE

The Propaganda Machine just getting warmed up (1)(2)(3) :

The Bastards Philosophizing.

Patented Aussie Bogan Technology.

15. Brasidas

· Need a crew? The Bastards are recruiting and you might just fit the bill; check out our website or join us on Teamspeak - thebastards.teamspeakcp.com:7042.

"Freedom is the Right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime.