The Banshee needs nerfing and the Light PPA needs buffing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpeedFreakPS0NE, Oct 14, 2017.

1. SpeedFreakPS0NE

There is something wrong with this game (and DBG devs for that matter) when the Banshee kills you before you hear it and the Light PPA due to overnerfing (like most VS specific weapons) is pretty useless in its current state.
  2. LordKrelas

VS weapons:
    Phase-Shift, Saron, Photon Pods, Lasher, Lancer.
    Of them, only the Phase-shift had issues, it now works great.
    And these are only 5 weapons, 1 of which is only different in graphics & position on an aircraft.
  3. Pat22

But.. didn't the LPPA just get a firerate increase?
  4. SpeedFreakPS0NE

Uhhh.., do you play VS, have you since the patch

Saron nerfed, Lancer nerfed, not sure what the Lasher is in this list as it is extremely situational
  5. Liewec123

saron still packs a kick, though i think of it more as a mid range weapon now than an AV sniper weapon,
    and Lancer is amongst the best long range AV in the game, it certainly has the longest range of anything by far,
    you can harass any vehicle in render range.

i'm not sure why VS think they have it tough, their weapons are great and it shows in their winrates and alert cheese

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. Jac70

Can't speak to the PPA but it seems that rocket pods and banshees are the last things that can effectively assrap pretty much anything on the ground. You can barely scratch a troop with a tank shell now but a chaingun on the fastest and most agile thing in the game can rip through them like a hot knife through butter.

I'm guessing the devs are mainly ESF guys.
  7. Pat22

Or you could use HESH rounds and tear infantry apart from your tank as well.
    • Up x 2
  8. Skraggz

PPA just got buffed, and feels WAY stronger, Banshee needs to stop double dipping the damage types, it is an AI weapon that works well on AA. That is my only issue with banshee.
  9. zaspacer

ESF AI Nosguns have been a hated thing by most players whenever they are not nerfed. The traditional method to address this is nerf the AI Noseguns and have ESFs rely on using Wingmounts (Rocket Pods and Hornet) for their AI. This seems to work pretty well, and it even makes the ESF better suited for ESF vs. ESF.

Best solution:
    1) nerf Banshee
    2) nerf LPPA (just to be safe)
    3) nerf Hammer (just to be safe)\

And without the Oracle of Death, we are all blind.
  10. Atorum

Lets equalize Rocket Pods while we are at it, VS rocket pod is guaranteed kill because it does more damage and both strike the target at the same time unlike TR high rate of tickle pods.
  11. adamts01

It's worse by a good margin against vehicles than the Needler, Rotary and Locust. You'll be chipping away at a vehicle all day with any nose gun, so I wouldn't say the Banshee does well against armor.

Now lets look at damage. The Mossy has a considerable edge at 2,000 dps compared to 1,416. They have the same damage type, so don't blame that. But... the PPA is the clear winner against infantry with a max area damage range of 1m and a min range or 3.3. Compared to the Mossy with a max range of .5 and a min of 2. The PPA is much better against infantry, especially in groups, and it pays for that with lack of some vehicle dps, which the Banshee isn't great at anyway. And if you're running an AI gun, the whole point is to kill infantry, so there you go, the best infantry killing nosegun.

If you want to talk about the real loser then look at the Reaver (big surprise there). It's shotgun does 1,560 dps with the same splash damage as the Banshee but the inability to aim.

I just think it's hard to come up with a valid buff for the Mossy, and even harder for the Scythe, all things considered.
    • Up x 1
  12. Lamat

If the LPPA hits you head on in an ESF, you can't even see from all the light splashing in your face
  13. Lamat

The air hammer already requires you to be in deadly AA range, how about not.
  14. zaspacer

Well, nerfing Hammer into extinction would just be an extra precaution. Reaver pilots can store their Hammer next to their Tomcats, Dogfighting Airframe, Decoy Flares, Composite Armor, and Nanite Auto Repair System.
  15. Kristan

Nerf hammer kills fast enough for HA to gain any kind of lock. Even when I pull Striker, I unload 4 out of 6 missiles and I'm dead. Overshield doesn't save much.

I'v seen plenty of Reavers who just farmed and farmed, passing low, using stealth, with any damage to be taken it just flew away for repairs. Like an annoying fly and you have nothing to swat it in one hit.

Still, not calling for nerfs, it does what it does and that requires some skill.
  16. Lamat

They are going to get jacked by enemy ESF because the Reaver can't outrun anything without fuel tanks.

If they are using the anti-infantry nose gun and they start shooting at your infantry man, I would think they should get a kill, or what's the point? You can still get them with lockons as long as you are not the guy in the specific location they are shooting. Usually infantry are dispersed through the base, lockons come from all over. Clustering infantry is a death sentence in this game for a lot of reasons (C4, harrassers etc)
  17. Kristan

For successful airhammering NC pilots pick location with 12-24 or less. Chances of someone picking lockon or AA MAX is very low. And if someone happen to do so, it's pretty easy to find who does it and kill him, since it takes 3 missiles to kill an ESF.

For example at most of cases in small battles not a single dude picks AA weapon when Reaver mowing down our infantry with its shotgun. And who picks a missile launcher? It happens to be me! And you know who gets killed in the first place? Me again!
  18. Lamat

That sucks, but would happen versus any faction's AI nose gun only they wouldn't need to get as close.
  19. Kristan

Actually I'm pretty surprised at which range Airhammer is still being deadly. It's further than I expected.