The Arsenal Update (PC)

Discussion in 'Official News Feedback' started by Mithril, Mar 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mithril Community Manager

Greetings everyone! The Arsenal Update is now live.

Please check the full patch notes here or on our Patch Notes section of the website.

We welcome any feedback you may have about this update down below.
    Please post any bugs you may be encountering with this update into the Bug Reports sub-forum.

Thank you!
    • Up x 1
  2. SteelBlood

"We welcome any feedback you may have about this update".

Yea sure doesn't feel like it. Power knives were still made completely pointless. Did you guys even scroll through the forum posts with feedback on the update before pushing it? Seriously what is their purpose now compared to regular knives? Both are now 2 hit kills. Killed an entire playstyle despite many players saying not to change it. And even those that are for the change have brought up that there is little point to power knives compared to regular knives now, that there are many other better options to better adjust the knives rather than to outright just kill their use.

Getting head shots with those knives is very difficult because their hit registers are different and a lot worse than normal melee. And with Planetside's delay issues? Forget it. And not lag, delay. I'm talking about client issues, not ping. Anyone saying "just get headshots" clearly hasn't even used the playstyle. It's not like using a gun in this game, at all.

It's a high risk, high reward play style. And one of the more fun ways to play for many people. And changing it could've been handled a lot better than just killing it. Shotguns OHK also, gonna nerf that too? Don't even need to be in melee range for that. Heck you can even do it cloaked with implants. Just such a let down.
    • Up x 2
  3. fatboi

In my opinion the nerf to nano armor cloaking was the wrong idea to solve some of the issues with the Infiltrator class as a whole, and honestly should just be reworked into a completely new ability. This ability was already out of place in the infiltrator kit in the first place, but it added some flavor to a class that has minimal purpose on the battlefield. Possibly make the cloak allow shields to recharge as normal while active, while still maintaining its current uptime (Regenerative Cloak).

Infiltrators are the most wildcard class in the game (imbalanced in both directions). Only capable of ambush combat, scouting, and sniping, they provide very little to their allies aside from intel (but so can any other class with proper equipment). They also have no counters to max suits and/or vehicles, unlike every other class having access to C4/launchers/AV Turret/Tank Mines/AV grenades/Archer. To top it all off, they have 100 less base shields than the rest of the classes. All at the cost of being able to cloak, which can still be detected through movement, audio queues, and visuals. I believe the infiltrator class should get a bit more for that tradeoff to keep them competitive with the other infantry classes, meanwhile diversifying their roles to have more purpose on the battlefield.

Ex 1. Make EMP grenades disable maxes and vehicles for (X) seconds. (This would bring infiltrators into a supportive defensive role keeping them in the mix with the rest of the infantry)

Ex 2. Give them access to Tank Mines. (This would give them an offensive option against vehicles and help with defenses)

Ex 3. Give them access to AV rounds as an ammo type for bolt action rifles, lowering damage to 450 before 25m and 250 after 200m. Increasing the headshot multiplier to 2.5x maintaining the balance from the new Nanoweave Armor for body shots. With no extra indirect damage in comparison to the capability of the Archer. (This would bring infiltrators into a supporting defensive role against vehicles).

This is coming from my point of view as primarily an Infantry player who plays mostly Engineer and Infiltrator. They are my favorite two classes, Engineers for the simplicity and the support it provides to my allies, and Infiltrators because bolting is extremely rewarding and I'm able to support my allies by providing intel and cover fire in a scout role as well as hit and run with SMGs on flanking routes.
    • Up x 2
  4. Psykmoe

You gave every default carbine, AR or LMG ammo options, usually SPA, sometimes both SPA and HVA.

Except for the GD-22S (made the default in September 2021). This is a shame because with the change to the SAW S to 200dmg, the NC lost the option for a highly controllable 167dmg LMG with soft point ammo. I love the Anchor and can appreciate the EM6 but sometimes you want to use a gun that doesn't kick as much. I appreciate that the GD-22S got barrel options it didn't have before, but why skip it when you were doling out SPA to the Carv and Orion?

Your own spreadsheet linked in the patch notes (https://imgur.com/a/zBKaoBw) seems to imply that SPA has been available to the GD-22S all along, but anyone who has actually used the gun knows that's untrue.

[IMG]
  5. Ssymm

Devs are insane tbh.

Even if I don't agree with all changes, just thank you very much for your hard work.
    • Up x 2
  6. ZweisteinNNN

I would like to know the rationale behind taking the Semi-auto away from almost all TR assault rifles and carbines? It only punishes low-skilled players and does nothing to the actual balance of the weapons.

Also with the changes to TORQ-9 and new attachemnt to T1 cycler, there is no reason to take the T1S cycler ever again. It is now objectively worse than all other options available and does not even have the verstility card anymore. It's only advantage is the 6x scope, but even that is now cancelled out by automatuc fire only as it is very difficult to get single shots.

A lot of other changes are great and awesome but these two I just dont get.
  7. 36thelement

Sundy bright pink when deployed seems unnecessary, now they are better at anti-vehicle and worse as spawn points, kinda the opposite of what they should be - support vehicles.
  8. InexoraVC

Nice update:
    server crashes
    lag spikes
    random continents lockdown and restarts
    useless update of TR directive LMG (Butcher)
    Long live devs :/
  9. Noctisx

Agreed

10. NitroInfusion

the ant with deliverer module has no weapon terminal like the deliverer had and the ant is not able to deploy in the no construction zone area (the bigger red circle) not sure if this was intentional but some clarification would be nice at least
  11. BengalTiger

Why the name "Trawler" on the new NC vehicle secondary? If the naming scheme is after a ship class then the "Destroyer", "Cruiser", "Monitor", or "Dreadnought" would sound much nicer.
    Unless those are reserved for the upcoming main guns...
    150 mm Dreadnought Cannon anyone?

Other than that, this new gun is perfect. Great balance of hitting power and the need to know how to control it to have good results. It is now my default go to.
    Plus it just looks cool.

Haven't tried the other two yet, but so far so good with vehicles.
  12. wupasscat

Why doesn't the GODSAW get a suppressor like the Gauss Saw?
  13. TR5L4Y3R

this is intended, you can only spawn on the ANT like with the PMB spawntube, not change classes or rearm
    i would hope they will change/fix deploying in no-constructionzones ...
  14. Sumowning

My feedback in a "The Good, the Bad and the Terrible" format;

The Good:

- Directive weapon changes;
    Honestly amazing work, prior to this update I felt like the directive weapon weren't worth it, and had non-sensible sidegrades that actively contradict the playstyle. (TR Directive SMG having no suppressor, Long reload was terrible. TR Directive Sniper, getting more Maximum damage which only effect things closer to you. As an example) With this change, it not only allows us to customize it which makes them so much more viable, you actually played into their strengths making them so much fun, getting those long-range headshot kills is so satisfying and rewarding. Thank you.

Please continue to make them play into their strengths, and give them unique quirks like the Railjack/Moonshot penetrating multiple targets, or the Butcher having so many rounds. It makes them unique and fun to use.

- Broad weapon changes;
    Making lesser used weapons have more customization options and buffing them slightly has made a lot off 'off-meta' weapons fun and engaging to use. (with a few important exceptions, which will come later)

Special callout for the Archer, because I really felt like this gun needed the buff to be at least somewhat viable in Auraxing and now it feels a lot better against maxes who really started to dictate a lot of the fights.

- Empire specific Basilisks;
    Great addition. It really emphasizes the difference in empires and they look amazing.

- Empire Specific Mines;
    More differences between empires! Though when it comes to the Havoc mines, I'd like to see them usable across all factions so there's no strict reliance of having an NSO on a squad to make use of them.

- Class specific Grenades;
    Really fun and useful, though I'd like to see more use of 'status effects' to make the Cleansing grenade more useful.

- New attachments;
    I'm all for more customization options to guns, there's nothing to really remark here.

The Bad (Changes that could use some work):
    - Nanoweave armor (suit slot);
    Whilst the damage resist against snipers, for body shots is perfectly valid as the point of a sniper is to deal accurate shots on the head which the damage resist doesn't cover so it promotes skillful headshots. The bad part comes at the rest of what it does, as that's just it, that's all it does, whilst I am somewhat glad it's not meta anymore, I do think it might just be a bit too niche versus other better options.

- Adrenaline Shield (Heavy Assault Ability);
    Whilst meta for a long.. Long time. "Reduced the energy return on kill from 31/35/38/41/44% to 15/18/21/23/25%." feels a bit too much versus other options, other options should be viable, but only 25% at max rank versus 45% before? Having it at 35% on max rank or 33% would do it more justice if you compare it to other options.

- VS Directive Weapon changes;
    As much as I really love all the other directive weapon changes, especially since the ones from TR and NC felt neglected for a long time, I felt like just adding a heat mechanic to most directive VS weapons feels kind of.. Dull. I think more could be done with this like the creativity shown in other directive weapons.

Ideas could include like a damage over time effect(to kinda play in on the cleanse grenade of the Medic), or something along those lines. Something that sets them apart a little more. But then again, I am not a VS main, and I'd love to hear more from the people that play VS as to what they think

The Terrible (Changes that felt like they weren't tested, non-sensible and some I'd perceive as outright disconnect from how they actually work in-game):
    - Nano-Armor Cloaking (Infiltrator ability)

I was going to put this in "the bad" section, on the same level as the adrenaline shield. But where the adrenaline shield is too heavy of a nerf. Removing the 100 passive shield from the Nano-Armor Cloak, removes the purpose of the cloak. The allure of the cloak isn't the 35% damage reduction that only exists when it is active, meaning you cannot fire or do anything whilst active, it was the 100 passive shield that put the infiltrator on the same playing field in terms of total HP/shields as any other class. And stopped normal things that would kill an infil, to survive.

In turn you trade a large amount of uptime of then cloak, recharge time and the being less visible whilst crouched for the 100 passive shield and 35% less small arms when active.

This change just makes it a terrible version of the resist shield, because again you cannot fire or do anything whilst it is active and even has less duration than a Resist shield.
    It also just makes it straight up inferior to the Hunter Cloak in almost all aspects. There's no point in using it now, except for once in a blue moon where you take a tiny amount of less damage. The whole point of a Nano-Armor cloak prenerf was to make an infil on the same playground and range as regular infantry.

Also please note the talk about 'consistency' here in the quote of the Devnote for the Nano-Armor Cloak when I mention the next and probably most non-sensible change that I've seen so far.

- Power Knives
    Probably the most, if not the most non-sense change I've seen in a long while. A playstyle that is is already riddled with Clientside/lag/hit detection issues. Gets ruined(not just nerfed) because of "give players more time to react to the burst of damage when the user can't land a headshot."

Either this change was not tested, feedback in the PTS was actively ignored, or the perception of how a Powerknife works in the game by whomever made this change come about is incredibly skewed or biased and represents a disconnect between developer and the player.

Whilst I, and other members go into more detail as to why this change is horrible. Here's my PTS post in regards to this change that goes more in-depth: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/lets-talk-dont-change-power-knives.258647/

The TLDR of this PTS post being the following;

In the same Dev post they wish to nerf Nano-armor cloak, to make killing Infils more consistent yet this change would make Powerknifes pointless and inconsistent. Knifing as whole is already unreliable.

In the Dev notes it stated that it should give players "Time to react or go for headshots" to which I have the following to say:

- You have to equip it (which takes time), which also means you have literally no ranged capabilities.
    - You have to activate it, which is loud. And having it on is loud.
    - You then have to manage to flank enemies via a flanking route, without getting seen, heard or detected on the minimap.
    - And once you're finally able to get within striking distance, you better hope nobody turns around and shotgun OHKs you. (Or your friendlies hitting you who are also shooting at the enemy, and throwing grenades)
    - The hit registration often doesn't work, especially true for Headshots which no-one will pull off on a consistent basis.
    - The overhead arcing slash is way smaller, slower, and harder to hit than the sidesweep arc of a quickmelee.
    - If they catch you running after them, they can literally keep running and there's nothing you can do because:
    - The animation of a melee hit slows you down to a crawl (you can't run whilst hitting an enemy), and more often than not enemies who are running will be out of range by the time you get to the "hit" part of the animation, combine that with already questionable hit detection and latency. You'll never hit them.

People claim it is 'OP' yet the average Heavy with a shield and an LMG can rake in an easy 3KD without effort, or bolter, or shotgun LA, ANY ESF Air-to-Ground weapons, HESH lightning's/MBTs, Liberator Daltons, Valkyrie VLG missles, Maxes etc, most of these are OHKs or things you can do very little to counter as regular infantry. There's so many more ways to be 'OP' but it gets ignored, despite being more widespread, such as OHK shotguns and the aforementioned methods.

A knife main with 40k kills on the carver, has a KD of 1.4. We do it because it's a fun challenge, and now we're fighting the game more than we are fighting players, we're sick and tired of it.

The issue lies with the people getting knifed, feeling personally attacked or hunted and their egos hurt. It's why you see a lot of toxicity involved against knifers. People feel 'Too good' to be knifed in a shooter, because they know how hard it is, but don't want to give credit to it because it would mean admitting defeat and being outplayed.

The One-hit KO ability on a knife, is literally because it is harder to hit already, you have to get close and have no ranged capabilities. You can run around with a shotty and Nightmare implant, and be 5x more effective.

This change is ridiculous and should've never made it to the live servers, I feel like I wasted my DBC for getting the NS Firebug. So do the handful of players who enjoy this playstyle a favor and listen to us when we say that this is not the way to go, and that this change needs to be reverted ASAP.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.