The Archer, a small buff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Jun 26, 2015.

1. NinjaTurtle

Been using the Archer a little and it seems to more often than not be a hindrance.

Unless you are MLG pro with pistols you lose nearly all your effectiveness save for those few brief moments against MAX units and the ability to kill steal burning vehicles

This is so far the most niche weapon in the game and turns you into a support, support player. Due to how limited it's viable targets are a small buff I believe it needs is a faster rechamber time, 2 seconds is a life time and often by the time you get the second shot off the MAX has run away

Still keep it's damage model the same, the 2-3 MAX kill is good, but taking upto 6 seconds to kill a MAX makes it near useless a great deal of the time.

Side Note:
    Why is this classed a sniper rifle but not available to Infiltrators?

I believe it should be and would not be any more powerful even if it was just maybe more attractive in some situations.

You are still reliant on your pistol but it at least gives Infils a way to combat MAX units, something they can never do because of their lack of C4. Despite this a good MAX players will still have the advatage

TLDR:
    Reduce rechamber time and make available to Infiltrators
  2. Goretzu

Personally I'd rather it just had its velocity buffed a bit (it is very low velocity for the ranges it is often used at) and maybe its damage buffed slightly against harder targets like Lightings, MBTs etc., as I think reducing the rechamber time might make it a bit too good against both MAXs and infantry.

Whether Infs should have it is a whole can of worms in itself.
  3. Pikachu

4. eldarfalcongravtank

the only thing i cannot understant either. i mean you see how useless the Archer is against infantry and most vehicles. Archer for the Infiltrator would not be unbalanced. not to mention, you'll only have 30 rounds (5 + 25 in reserve) as Infiltrator which is a freaking joke. in no way does that allow you to become suddenly overpowered.

so this is really good tradeoff in my view:
    - Engineer + Archer has unlimited ammo and spitfire to watch his back
    - Infiltrator + Archer has limited ammo/effectiveness but cloak to get out of dangerous situations