The Absurdity of Forced Population Balance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Snow Sheltie, May 7, 2016.

1. Ryo313

ok good but imo that "Forced Population Balance" kinda makes the membership worthless in terms of the queue... it doesn't matter if you have membership or not you won't get into the continent any faster ...
    which position did you (the 6 ppl) had in the queue?
  2. MasterOhh

Play Vanu.
    I didn't have to wait a single time to switch the continent since the balance system was introduced.

The thing is, the queues fix s**t. The overpop/underpop situation is still there. The problem has to be addressed at its root (why do so many ppl choose NC/TR over VS).
  3. stalkish

Cant quite remember, it was low tho, we may have been 1-6 or 3-9, something like that, not a massive que.
  4. Ryo313

o_O isn't it VS/TR over NC ? o_O
    i've seen far more continent lock downs from VS then NC on Cobalt... maybe its just the time i'm playing tho but everytime i play VS have either overpop or is equal with TR. and NC is getting the short end of the stick.

ok.
  5. MasterOhh

According to the population tracker, the VS only reaches the highest world pop on Cobalt during the absolute low pop hours (with barely 100 players on the server in total). On every other time there are slightly less VS players than NC players or during prime time even FAR less.

I won't argue that the Cobalt NC might FEEL that they are underpop, now that they have lost their comfy 36+% world pop during prime time to the TR. That is something they have to get used to.
  6. Ryo313

hmm.. i wonder why... TR was always the up empire NC was mediocre and VS was op
  7. Taemien

Enter continent. When it places you in the queue, press K. In about 5-10 seconds, maybe less. It will ask if you wish to warp. Click warp and you're there.

Its actually always worked like this, even under the previous system (if there was a queue for members.. which did happen on some nights).
  8. stalkish

Not sure why you'd think i wouldnt know that......
    Do you think ive never actualy been able to warp to a locked cont....in 3 years?
    o_O
    I actualy sat on the 'k' menu, the notifications menu, for like 10 mins before deciding to do what my bro did and go find a fight on esamir.
    If you personaly dont want to believe me for whatever reason, although I cant think of a logical one other than you just wanting to troll, then fine, dont believe me, but please dont try to pretend ive no idea what im doing to somehow try and skew the facts of my post. I sat there 1st in the que for half an hour before i decided to leave the que as id found a decent enough fight where i was.
  9. AxiomInsanity87

I'm fine with it now.

Members get queue priority so i don't mind anymore.

I have and will continue spending on planetside 2.
  10. Bassmeant1

well if you don't mind answering:

how much on average are you spending on it? i know originally i put in about 30 bucks and stopped but that was early last year. i know the folks in our group stopped. my question is are the diehards putting in like 100 bucks a year? what's the drop here?

if its just you and a couple hundred people... well... math.
  11. Thunder33

If they shall have this queue system they need to fix it for members. I have waited for 20 min now to spawn with TTROs platoon on Amerish Cobalt. First I was 1/3 then 1/5 then 1/4 and now 1/11 still cant spawn.
  12. Oreilley

This system is nonsense.
    Makes you play where you don't want to.
    As an Indar fan, I 'd rather get zerged on it, then be forced to play 30 min on Hossin wich is the worst map of the game on my opinion.
  13. Celeris

Translation : let me continue to overpop and hex dump on nearly empty bases, staring at spawn room shields with 80:20 pop ratios is all I know, please let me continue to enjoy this "riveting and fun" game play.
    • Up x 1
  14. Snow Sheltie

The problem wasn't so bad when the game was initially launched since a few guns were in the 100 - 250 cert range, such as the lock-on rockets that would keep the skyknights and harassers at bay, but then almost everything was jumped to the 1000 cert range, and trying to grind those certs do not make a fun gaming experience.

Emerald's current trend seems to be TR overpop. My guess is some of the TR's still OP toys (Gatekeeper anyone?) but that's just a theory.

If you want to play a game that has near-perfect even pops and larger numbers, you can go play Battlefield. The fact that outfits as a whole can bounce around a continent in an attempt to outmaneuver their opponents makes the game interesting, from a commander's point of view. For a solo player, not so much, and this game wasn't designed with lone wolves in mind nearly as much as large-scale teamwork.
  15. chuck105

I don't quite follow. Did people leave and that's how TR got to be over popped? I get your concern, but hopefully this will work itself out.
  16. Snow Sheltie

Worth noting smaller outfits are even being affected by this.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EmeraldPS2/comments/4j9dkj/from_a_mediumsized_outfits_perspective_these/

The overpop's been in the game since day one. The faction with the overpop changes depending on things like serversmash, which faction's perceived to be strongest, if a popular player's on a faction, ect.
  17. Sh4n4yn4y

This... this is why I love Briggs. I have NEVER been locked out of a continent because of population. Generally, only one continent is even open, and it's still not full pop.

That being said, overpop is naturally still a massive issue, even for us.
  18. Cyrax Servius

Down here on ps4 the TR is complete garbage with their overpop. It's funny cause they can't win with even pop battles, they have to go with 2/1 to win any bases, or continents.

The VS kick the living snot out of them in even battles and the NC holds our own just fine, but, then 5 liberators camp the spawn rooms and the fights all go to 96+ TR as they lol zerg everybody.

I'm not saying the TR does not have some good players or outfits, they do. They just follow on the heels of the Goon Squad auto recruit zerg machine, and that's how they win, part of the game I know, but, they won't have it so easy when the pop balancing hits ps4.

I know four people who gave up the game this week because they are sick of being zerged 3/1 every fkng night by garbage tactics and it is a big reason for the declining population on ps4. Gonna be real bad when these garbage zergers get the construction system.

But that's how the cookie crumbles in ps2.
  19. AxiomInsanity87

Meanwhile on Ceres - nc is zerg trash and still fail hard unless they have 100 more pop per on a continent.

It's exactly like that on Genudine though yeah lol. I have got my nc char up to a decent level now, just need swag next month.

Edit: TR is outpopping by 26 right now on Ceres.....It burns lol.
    • Up x 1
  20. freshrebel234

~ 33/33/33 is good for a normal first person shooter(more like 50/50) but not in planetside. this is mainly a tactical game, so if 1 faction decides to go for esamir and the other does not want to fight and go for amerish, what's wrong with that? especially in alerts, I've heard many platoon leaders say:"we won't go for the alert because we will definitely win" or "we won't go for the alert because we will definitely lose". whether i agree with these statements is another question but what i wanted to say is that is a tactical decision. the point of an alert is to create a huge active battlefield, and give people a goal. but like this they can't even go for it because of massive queues.

it is only fair that, as earlier invented, people who play on underpopulated continents get a bonus. but this is wrong.:mad: