[Vehicle] The A few thoughts on the bike that went from garbage to glam, in 0.1 second. As well as Magriders.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exileant, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Exileant

;) Hello, I am a newer member of the game. I am a player of Dust514. :( Sadly they are closing up shop so I decided to venture here. :) I was very happy about what I found, the amount of vehicles obtainable is amazing, however not all of the were usable to me. until just recently.
    :confused: Tanks, were all but a waste of Nanites due to Harassers being so fast and heavily armed (ESPECIALLY on the Republic side, I am Vanu) unless you caught them off guard and they panic into a wall or flip themselves, one could easily go through and destroy 4 to 5 tanks by itself. And I am not talking about lightnings either, I am talking about main battle tanks, they simply run under them for cover and shoot away. You Vets out there likely know what I mean.

o_O **As a side note that should not be able to be done. Aside form it looking like it is floating on a huge ball of blue fire which should damage anything, friend or foe it hovers over, :) The tank is called a Magrider. I am guessing by its name means, it is riding on a huge magnet. If that is the case, anything including people that wander into a magnetic field strong enough lift a tank into the air and keeping it stable enough for precision targeting, should instantly be crushed, no running start necessary, and if not the people the vehicles at least. o_O All of the other tanks simply drive under a Magrider to evade it and that is not cool given it already has a fixed turret. Now given this is a game sure for the sake of balance maybe not instant death, but some damage should be taken, and not a little bit either, like maybe 3 ticks to kill a Harrasser, given how fast a Vulcan can rip apart tanks with even equipped armor, ;) This would keep them HARASSING tanks not taking them on and down single handed. Lightnings? 4 to 5, and other Main Battle tanks should take about the same damage as a Harbenger hit every second it is under it, their barrels swing point so fast (Point and Click fast) it makes evading them once they get under you nigh impossible. For the people who will no doubt say there needs to be a disadvantage to all of this? Increased visibility. Slow pulsating arcs of electrical energy that are absorbed into the ground outward from the magnet and contained within the damage zone to show how close is too close, tie the pulses into when you will receive damage. It would give them a much meaner look and stop the glaring weakness to other vehicles that no other tank seems to have. After all who cares if you can strafe and run up a cliff if you are over all too slow to get away. :p If the Magbooster cannot be used to get away, then this would provide it with a useful function other than just being for show and getting from one base to another a few seconds faster... (I have played using Terrain Republic and New Con. strafing looks cool but that's about it, given the turret speed is not set Nor is there a side Magboost. (;) Add a Side or Omni-directional Magbooster and you can forget everything I said here. I would love you forever. :eek: Forever-ever? o_O Forever-ever. :D Hahaha!) The only thing that fears a Magrider are infantry, and due to them being able to dispatch them normally so quickly even they are hyper bold in their approach of combat tactics.**

:)But anyway back to the original subject. With Terrain Republic being so big and popular there always seems to be a Harasser around. To top it off there were no real way to hunt them save for having a Harasser team of your own, or set a trap of mines or heavies with locking missiles and pray that they wander into it... o_O Until now that is, whatever you all did to the Flash, leave it alone from now on I beg of you, it actually works now as a competitive vehicle, it took a little getting used to but it is now able to put a stop to the invincible Harasser Dynamic Duo. :mad: Listen NOT to anyone saying its cloak is not visible enough, unless I move within 1 to 2 seconds of breaking my cover, random fire kills me, :oops: The bike is not only weak, but apparently so is the rider. Hahaha! I make this plea, because Dust514 had a baaaaaad habit of over listening to their community to the point that they nerfudged everything up... And made the game only appealing to those who spent enough money into the game to say: "Whatever they do, I am in this for the stay..."

:D With that said I made this in responds to some posts that I read, researching the Wrath Cloak system and I wanted my post to be read before it is too late and things went sideways. :( Something I wish I had done on Dusts Forums... So yes this has been my first Post, any feedback is welcome especially from the designer staff! ;) See you on an Island somewhere I hope, my friends!
  2. Diggsano

Behold the wall of text.
    • Up x 12
  3. FateJH

Your punctuation is winking at me.

This isn't as much a Magrider thread as it is a Harasser thread, is it?
    • Up x 1
  4. Xellon

First of all, your lack of formating and punctuation makes this really hard to read. On top of that, sprinkling Smilies all over it doesn't make it better. Please excuse my rambling.

Now, on to the Subject: If you have such Problems with Harrassers I recommend you grabbing a trusted Gunner alongside with the Aphelion!
    It's basically the VS Version of the TR Vulcan AT Gatling that hurts you so much, with the unique ablility to fire a single super-precise "charged shot" upon releasing the trigger, which reaches it's full damage potential after ~8 normal shots from the Weapon if I recall correctly.
    Equip it and then watch with glee when those Harrassers run in Terror upon recognizing it's shape atop your Magrider.

But seriously, who makes Sidenotes that roughly make up half of your Post?!
    • Up x 1
  5. Slandebande

Harassers are much easier to deal with if you are running a 2/2 tank (especially as a Magrider) as the gunner not only helps your DPS, but also helps in keeping an eye on the things going on around you. Of course, just having a gunner won't protect you, but having one that is minimally situationally aware does help wonders. Once you actually get a good gunner, the Harassers will really have a hard time killing you.
  6. Towie

1. Welcome in. See you found the smilies.

2. The Harasser vs Tank discussion has been going on for a while and unfortunately, being VS, the Magrider is particularly vulnerable to their attacks. With tons of certs, a good secondary gun (and gunner - you MUST get a gunner in your Mag) - you will be competitive but unfortunately, that takes time. Until then just don't go it alone - always stay with friendlies, even infantry can damage a Harasser.

3. TR are your nemesis. The Vulcan Harasser will shred you in seconds. Be especially wary of them.

4. The hovering is the best part of the Magrider - the ability for other tanks to go underneath is a massive help in a zerg where other vehicles get stuck. You can just glide over friendly Lightnings. Yes it gives enemies an option to dodge underneath but the benefits FAR outweigh the negatives.

5. Feel free to try the other factions - the Prowler is good from the off and you don't have to face Vulcan or Gatekeepers. As soon as you face a highly certed Magrider and lose, feeling like you didn't stand a chance, you can start another thread on that subject ;)
    • Up x 1
  7. Jake the Dog

I have the least amount of harasser problems in my mag then the other tanks, even against vulcans you can
    A. 40-50% of the time magburn into them, killing them in a ram or...
    B. rotate fast enough to ensure front armor stays pointed towards the enemy and get easy shots on the harasser at close range.

Tanking tip of the day: Mag not rotate fast enough using your mouse? Keybind the turn right and left to "Q" and "E" respectively you should see an increase in rotation. (I suggest moving the spotting button to the ` button.)
    • Up x 1
  8. Exileant

:) First, thank you for the welcome. I am going to reply to you first. o_O *Whisper* Your my favorite...

;) Now I said I was newer, I have only been playing about 6 months. To that end within 3 months of playing I had completely leveled up most of my vehicles, including my max. There was one I was not sure how to tackle because it was so complex that was my Lightning. So the certs just sat there while I tried to gain tactics on the field from enemy drivers. Everything is maxed now. :D I do not half do anything with a new game. I research and I am very careful not to speak unless I have some exp. under my belt regarding whatever I am going to talk about.

As I said in my post, I did try the Republic. o_O To my horror mine was easily able rip apart any tank it come across due to the simple fact that their main cannon is Automatic not to mention how fast they move in one direction naturally. Slap a Rival on it, (which is what I did) and you have a tank that can shame a harasser in turning and evading while you just spam your cannon all at level 2. But see that isn't at all the only reason they are destroyer, oh no. I also bought a Vulcan to go with it. :confused: With no upgrades passed 1 and non at all on my weapons, I went into the field, netted a 20 kill streak and took on 2 Magriders at the same time, killing them both. One average, and one full to the brim with certs, it had all the bells and whistles. (I know because the guy complemented me on a well built tank and we talked for a while, he was a player since it was first released on PS4 and he told me his was maxed. He was annoyed but less than shocked to find out mine was nigh bone stock) All it took was one clip from my main cannons while I was advancing, and I simply swapped into passenger seat and killed it with the Vulcan. The Certed one fell first, and he had a gunner. the second one, :D I simply drove over rough spots to bounce around and make him miss while I auto cannoned him before swapping tho the Vulcan and repeating. Hahaha! o_O I am a decent player when it come to most games that include vehicles growing up on Armored Core will do that, but there is no way I should have been able to do that. And no it wasn't luck. I spent the next 3 days gathering certs doing the exact same thing. The things that killed me were the people, primarily suicide Flashes C4 crazed flyers and the stray Liberator. Yes the Magrider has deployment advantages, by means of getting to an area faster up a hill, over a mountain, and running over a flash or two to get to friendly lines, but that is about it, :( You cannot out run anything for long and even when you try to "climb over something that you can and they can't you are moving so slow you might as well just say: "Here, here is my tender backside on a plat for ya.... Dig in." I would say the fact that it can hover is its only saving grace from it being the worst tank in the game. Which is horrible because I am dedicated Vanu. :eek: My goodness I wont even get into New Con's Shielded tank. I swore I was Playing Dust.
    • Up x 1
  9. Exileant

o_ONext, you. I forgive your rambling we are all entitled to our opinions. :D For someone trying to pick on sentence structure, perhaps you should spellcheck the word Harasser. You spelled it wrong every time you typed it. I would be humiliated, but who am I to tell you how to feel. Hahaha!

As for my SIDE-NOTES, (you forgot the - in that) ;) I am a thinker, and my thoughts are more than 2 sentences long. I have seen side-notes that last a whole chapter in some theorem papers I have read. There are a few other mistakes you made, but since you are Webster's child I will let you find them. I am sure one such as yourself with ability to detect proper sentence structure can accomplish this goal. If you look close you will all of my punctuation is where it is supposed to be. You are just tuned into the faces.
    :rolleyes:As for my smiles, no it does not make the post better, it expresses the emotion behind each statement I deem necessary. To the enjoyment of most 95% of the people who read my posts on other forums. You see most Game players do not want to read a text paper when they could be playing a game, or at the very least, reading a comic. :DSee the relation now? I hope so.

On to the points you made as the time for being petty is over. I have the Aphelion, it is equipped on one of my 4 fittings of tanks. It is a good weapon, but it is no match for a Vulcan. Because of it having that charge shot which can be fired every 6 shots making it a hybrid of the Gatekeeper and Vulcan it has to be weaker somewhere. It is slower and requires you to hit your target with that beam once or twice to have the same effect. By the time you start and stop twice to get the needed damage in for it to finish the job, you have given your position away. :p The Harasser is gone, smoking but will be back for you. :mad: The Prowler is TICKED that you had the nerve to try its combo and will now show you how it is done, and every Mosquito and Liberator known to Vanu looks up and says: :confused: *SNORT* "Ooooo!!! Whaz 'At!?" With the Aphelion you have minimal air defense. Against the Republic, you are asking to die in the worst way...

:D Snark comments aside, thank you for the input however.
    • Up x 1
  10. Exileant

;) Thank you very much for the tip, I am PS4 and so that translates to both sticks left. I shall try that.
    As far as ramming goes I have only managed to ram 1 Harasser and I was ecstatic! :( However that has not worked since. Even on a direct collision course my Magrider just floated over the top of them. The one I did kill was trying to run from me and hit a hill just as I hit the burners. o_O I hit the back of the Harasser's cab and it bottomed out and exploded. Maybe the flat angle of the rear portion of the cab is what did it, I just know all other attempts have ended less than well.
    • Up x 1
  11. Sebastien

If all the tanks had landed all their shots you should have died before killing even one tank, that or they were running HE builds.
    Magriders are by far the most annoying to fight, they're slippery, and unlike a conventional tank it's difficult to lead because they're not trapped in a single direction of motion.
  12. thed1rt

13. thed1rt

More like "If its a Vulcan and it sneak up as close as it can it kills you if you miss 1 shot on a magrider."

At least if you could park on the harrasser it would force them to stay medium distance a bit more and give you 2 or 3 shots instead of just 1.
  14. Sebastien

That has nothing to do with the tank or weapon. Getting bounced is entirely skill based, it's not the tank's fault you couldn't protect your neck.
  15. Jake the Dog

(reinforcing what you're saying Seb)
    This can literally come down too whether you have music playing or not. I like to keep music either off or on low volume because picking up engine noises of other vehicles is absolutely critical to maintaining situational awareness.
  16. Exileant

o_OThat is exactly right, if they had all been able to hit at the same time, they would have killed me. However dodging in a Magrider does you you no favors when it comes to tracking a target, which is how I killed the second one. ;) He dodged most of my shots but in doing so he threw off his own trajectory the fact that I was going over rocks so fast didn't help ether, in fact the only reason I swapped to the Vulcan is because I wanted to for him. The first one I took out, (we will call him "Cert":cool:"Sup, foo?") I did so not dodging at all I ran at him Rambo Tank VS Hind Helicopter, Screaming letting off rounds then swapped, the Vulcan EASILY tracked the movements of his tank, thus he was overpowered. :)cool:"Aw come'mon main... phrasing...") My sensitivity has been maxed since day one. I drive them, and that is normally how a prowler gets me. I spend so much time dodging double blasts, he has the time to encroach, once he is close enough having landed no less than 3 of the 9 rounds he fired, while I have landed 3 out of the 4, smoking or even sometimes on fire, to swap over to the Vulcan and shred me with it. :confused: Even if I get that last shot off, it winds up a draw because the bullets needed to finish me has already left his barrel 4 rounds ago.
  17. CovertYank

Papa Vanu would be proud of this wall.
    • Up x 1
  18. Exileant

:D And one shot is not enough to kill any Harasser armored or not.:eek: I say it needs the damage field because even if the dang thing isn't right up on you it can easily kill you in 2 clips, this is at mid to long range. When I first unlocked the Harasser on the Republic, I bought the Vulcan, Gatekeeper and stage 1 Stealth. o_O I went out and killed 3 Magriders with it. the last one was able to get his 2 in before I killed him and that one ended in a draw. I was at mid range. I tried the same bit with a "Straight out of the box" Aphelion Harasser, a Prowler waited there until I was done expending all my ammo (Do you know how scary that was?) Slowly shook turret at me, as if to say: :cool:"Whahahahahat was THAT?" "Are ya JUST about done?" A minute later I tried to slowly back away, he slowly followed, :p tried to punch it and he let me have it, then sent me a message, :cool:"I was giving you time to reflect on what you had done, not time for you to escape." o_O"Now then, what have we learned?" I Typed back: "This is a line that I have used on countless games before, I knew Murphy's Law would kick in eventually," ":( but not like this... not like this....."
  19. Slandebande

First of all, this is coming from someone with ~900 hours spent in MBTs. I've used all three of them quite a bit, and have them all certed out to my liking (meaning maxed reloads, zoom/thermal, ammo capacity + maxed Chassis (Rival + Racer), Stealth, etc).

It is dependent on the terrain in my experience. It really helps if the Harasser is slightly "above" you in elevation, so that when you hit him, your "nose" hits the chassis of the Harasser. In normal flat terrain, the Harasser would slip under you. Just a sidenote, I've also been able to do it in terrain not living up to such demands, but I found it more reliable if the Harasser had the slightly elevated position.

It is more reliable air defense than the other AV options in my opinion. Of course the Basilisk/Walker/Ranger would be more effective at AA duties, but you would give up significant AV potential in doing so. Not as big a deal when using your tank 1/2 of course. Generally, if you are using a Magrider, you should really try to get a reliable gunner. It does wonders (for any MBT in fact) and can more than double your potential.

The Prowlers cannon is not automatic if that is what you are referring to, it is in fact a double-shot mechanic, which has both upsides and downsides to it. Personally, I prefer the single-shot mechanics of the other tanks, but that is a hotly debated topic at times. It does provide significantly more DPS though of course (which is one of the primary upsides of the mechanic).

That's the beauty of this game, anyone can kill anyone provided you get the jump on them and you have at least a semi-functional loadout (well except the Skyknights of course, you need another Skyknight to challenge them to an honorable duel in the heavens for that to work :D). Especially with tanks, getting those rear shots off is critical, if you can keep the pressure up and not let them take cover and repair. I assume your 2 main cannon shots were to his rear, else there wouldn't be a chance in heck you destroyed him with a single Vulcan mag to the front of his tank (he DID turn his tank around to face you right? If he didn't you shouldn't attribute ANY weight to the situation for balance reasons).

First of all, grats on a good kill! It is always satisfying taking out a 2/2 MBT (even more-so if you are 1/2 yourself) :)

It might've been certed, but honestly, if a 2/2 Magrider (it WAS using AV weaponry right???) loses to a single 1/2 Prowler charging them and switching to the Vulcan without them being able to react, then they aren't that good (or they were being attacked by something else). How exactly did it play out if I may ask? Did you sneak up VERY close to them before firing? That is the only scenario where I can see they wouldn't have had time to react to you charging, but it is still their own fault for not noticing you sneaking up on them (especially since it doesn't sound like you have unlocked max Vehicle Stealth).

Yeah this guy sounded terrible if he couldn't hit you at close range due to you "driving over rough spots to bounce". Sounds like you could've killed this one with a HE cannon ;)

Chalking up the Magriders strengths to only being faster in getting up on a hill? Really? I would actually imagine the Magrider was even stronger on the PS4, since it is notoriously harder to aim accurately on consoles, so the strafe-dodging should be even more effective.

Just to mention a couple of strengths (in my opinion) of the Magrider:
    • Ability to traverse changes in elevation/hills whilst being able to fire accurately (both primary & secondary weapons). It is MUCH easier firing on the move in uneven terrain in a Magrider compared to the Prowler/Vanguard.
    • The Magrider (if used correctly) is the definition of a Spider-Tank in certain locations. Using hills to your advantage (especially in combination with maxed Vehicle Stealth) allows you to hide yourself outside of the main "Field of View" of the enemies proceeding below you. The Magrider is actually capable of moving sideways across these hills whilst firing at the targets below. The others can also fire whilst on the slopes, but they cannot move vertically (whilst also moving up and down) and keep firing at the same time. This maneuver can be VERY effective in certain, terrain, as you are able to assault the enemy tanks above their maximum turret elevation, meaning they can barely fight back.
    • Magburn is great for keeping up the pressure and exploiting any mistakes by the enemy (and also to exploit any advantage gained in a fight by being able to quickly descend upon your victim).
    • Magburn is also great for chasing Harassers after you /shoo them away.
    • Strafe dodging works very well against inexperienced (or pressured experienced) tankers at most ranges. Against more experienced, calm tankers you generally need some range between you to take advantage of it.
    • Strafing combined with ducking over/under hills makes it VERY hard for the enemy to predict where you will "pop-up" next and take a shot. If you have a little space (and a hill of course) this tactic is super effective, and actually allows you to take out tanks without taking any damage at all. Yeah, the other tanks can also do this, but they cannot do it as quickly and smoothly as the Magrider can. The Magrider also has the advantage of smoother gun controls (as aforementioned) when moving in uneven terrain.
    • "Magburn-Turn" trick is a pretty handy trick in some situations, but should be used with caution. First of all, when using a Magrider, you should've manually rebound "Turn Left / Turn Right" to keys on your keyboard, or mouse buttons. It enables you to turn MUCH faster than relying on your mouse movemnt (and thus sensitivity) to turn. It also helps greatly against Harassers trying to run circles around your Magrider. It's perhaps THE most important trick to using a Magrider effectively. Now, if you can combine the quick turning ability with the Magburn, and time it correctly, you can Magburn straight whilst turning 180 degrees (or however much you want to turn) at full Magburn speed. This trick is best performed against slower-firing weapons as you can time it between their reloads and keep your frontal armor ready for when they fire.
    • The Magrider can float above friendly Lightnings, meaning they will rarely block your advance/escape. You can also Magburn over enemy Lightnings (time it between their reloads to not take fire to your under armor) using the "Magburn-Turn" trick (enabling a quick rear shot to the Lightning).
    • Etc.
    There is a way (if you time it correctly) to enable the Magburn to help you climb very steep cliffs. I've even seen Magriders fly up to Scarred Mesa Skydock, if you are familiar with that base in Southern Indar. I've also seen Magriders using the maneuver to actually ram mid-flight ESFs! Use at your own risk of course :D

Also, the hill climbing feature is generally used to gain a favorable positional advantage, not for in-combat use (without the Magburn trick at least). The Magrider is still more capable at backing up over and hill than the other two MBTs though, which can be useful in certain situations to make a fighting retreat. This can be especially useful against charging enemy tanks, you weaken them while they charge you, you back down behind the hill and repair. They then have two choices:
    1. Choose to keep chasing, forcing them to fight you with a HP disadvantage. It also gives you the advantage of being able to surprise the enemy (if you are using Vehicle Stealth) since they cannot pin-point your exact location after ducking behind the hill.
    2. Stopping to repair, effectively stopping their charge and resetting the fight. You then have time to evaluate the situation, whether you should fight or flee for instance. Or place Tank Mines and try to bait them into them. You will once again have the advantage assuming you have Vehicle Stealth (you can quickly jump out of your tank and peek over the hill to see what they are doing, and to spot them, effectively cancelling their potential Vehicle Stealth).
    If you are losing a Magrider to a Vulcan Harasser at medium-long range you are doing something wrong. Are you positioned completely without cover and are you not an Engineer with a repair tool? That scenario shouldn't ever happen if you know what you are doing. If you have a gunner, it's simply impossible, just out-repair the damage. A Halberd is much more threatening at such ranges compared to the Vulcan. Also, since I'm unsure about what exactly you mean, you might want to define your definitions of "short range", "medium range", and "long range", just for a reference.

Incredibly small sample size says nothing. ONE "good" run is what you base it upon? Seriously? You do realize you are dismissing people with hundreds of hours of experience using some of these weapons and platforms right?

Once again a small sample size.

What about people going out with a completely stock Magrider and destroying countless tanks, simply due to being vastly more skilled and experienced. Would that also imply the stock Magrider is OP?

So you finally went up against someone with actual experience in his tank, good for you, that should be a learning experience :) I can assure you, if you did the same to a competent Magrider crew they would eat you over and over. If you did the EXACT same thing against the Magriders you mentioned earlier, except one of them actually had brains, you wouldn't have killed them, especially at medium-long range, with only a Harasser. Using a Gatekeeper-H allows the crew to just out-repair any damage you deal, the same with a Vulcan-H used at mid-long range.

I haven't ever lost a 2/2 MBT (with one of my regular gunners) to a single Harasser. Oh, and back when I played regularly, Harassers had something like 50-65% more HP than they do now AND their weapons did more damage.

One of the best defenses against a Harasser is using maxed Vehicle Stealth, and always being on the lookout. Having a friendly tank between you and the area you expect the Harasser(s) to show up from, also gives you time to react. As does keeping Line of Sight blocked (while using Vehicle Stealth). If the Harasser doesn't get a jump on you (and thereby gets some shots at your rear armor) you should be able to destroy them easily if you have a gunner. If you are 1/2 it gets harder, and less forgiving, but it isn't impossible.

Granted, some of the things might not be AS applicable due to you being on the PS4, and I'm on PC. I guess Harassers are slightly stronger on the PS4 due to it being hard to aim on the consoles (this making them harder to hit), but nowhere did you state that your arguments only applied to the PS4 version. I'm just saying.
    • Up x 1
  20. Exileant

o_O DaHAHA!! *Cracks neck and rotates shoulder in anticipation* :mad: AAAAAAAAAAAH!!! *Tackles and BITES the leg of this MASSIVE reply...

:mad: FIRST OFF,
    ;) you may want to consider leading off with a much less abrasive phrase during posts especially one offering decent opinions. If I were an ignorant troll type petty individual, I likely would have read no further thinking it was just a long winded wanna-be spewing a mountain of hate mail. I mean then you followed it up with how long you have been playing. They would have been like: ":mad:"&^%$# SO YOU THINK YOUR BETTER THAN ME!?" "YOU NO GOOD ^*&&*)_+_+#@!**&%$#__*&^$#^*()(*_&^^$$#%$ WITH A ((^^%#$#@$ *$$^&**(##@% SO IS YA %&^(*)((% MAMMA #@@!#%& (*^%*()%$**()&^^$&(%*))%#@!$%^AND YA DONKEY!!!!" :p Seen it happen far too often. Hahahaha!

o_O Okay, to business!
    1. (OF THE BUSINESS but technically 2)

About the Harasser, yes I figured as much and even said that was the only way I was able to kill the Harasser just a bit lower in the post, :D although, thank you for echoing it. Maybe you skipped over reading it, that happens a lot too and I do not blame ya for it.

2.(OF THE BUSINESS but technically 3)

:rolleyes: This is why I said it gives minimal air defense, again even with a gunner the Aphelion cannot deal with fighters properly and stepping into battle with the Republic you HAVE to be able to get them off of you. o_O Which I also said. :p This leaves you very little choice in a viable weapons choice, for solo tanking (solo as in no group of tanks with you), gunner or no.

3. (OF THE BUSINESS but technically 4)

Hahaha! :D Oh yes it is! Automatic refers to you needing to only hold down the trigger for continuous fire. Not only can the Prowler chain fire both barrels but you do not need to remove your finger for it to fire again after it reloads, this feature provides a STAGGERING advantage for those who know how to use it, :) The term is called "Full-Auto" or "Fully Automatic" and applies to even cannons that fire once per minute. (If you squeeze the trigger and said weapon fires, reloads and fires again WITHOUT you releasing the trigger, that is a fully automatic weapon.) Rounds per minute do not enter into the equation.;) This is half of why It is so easy for me to use the Prowler. :confused: I do not have to worry about timing nor moving my finger, I can and have, started firing before I could see my target by the time they appear over the hill the cannons are reloaded and firing, all I have to do is concentrate on precision fire, or leading as some call it. o_O I assure you, if the same feature was on the Magrider I would have torn up at least 25% more Prowlers than I have already. (I am the same way in Destiny. Scout rifles with Full auto and E.R. versus Scout rifles without. ;) With, I do not die and finish a strike with no less than 150-250. :eek: Without full auto, adding the worry of expending brain power to move that finger at the right time, I may die at least once and my kills go down to 120 to 200. You may be like, well it doesn't take that much brain power to move your finger, to that I say what "Jake the Dog" Said: It can come down to whether you have your music on or not, the slightest distraction can mess you up against pro players, here is no different.)

4. (OF THE BUSINESS but technically 5)
    :D You sure may ask!
    From a distance I came down a mountain hill after hearing that oh so sweet sound of plasma that I am used to using, to pay my respects. Much like me Certs heard me coming so he eased off the shooting at the base and turned around, his gunner was still going at it with his Aphelion on infantry. Certs actually fired first, which shifted me into gear, "Minor",

(We will call the second tank this. :cool:"Sup guys..." "GIMMI THOSE SHADES BOEH! YOU AIN'T NO VET! :confused:"Aw, man...")

was still clueless of my presence until the about the second clip of canon rounds I fired. I was using AA Sharp tooth cannons. With me charging all Full-Auto he had no choice but to dodge. Coupled with me pulling a serpentine maneuver and breaking at times, this caused him to have to delay his firing while trying to track me. He non the less got in 3 hits I got in 4 of the 6 rounds I fired this was to his front and about where his skill level truly kicked in. He twisted sideways and Magburned to where I assumed was a clearing, to where I THOUGHT I would end his life. In fact he jetted behind his minor partner who was apparently shooting at me but missing. :)D He had some jokes about that) He was so close, he had no choice BUT to hit me in the side, I tried to turn under him and put a large tree between us while I followed my main target who had himself behind a boulder cliff waiting for me to come around, I did but instead of tackling his already wounded tank with the cannons against his plasma cannon and now FULLY AWARE Aphelion gunner. I took a slightly wider path than I started to, came around and swapped still rolling by the time I stopped I was fully exposed, he had nowhere to run and I drained my clip on him. :p He exploded and I lit up like a Christmas Tree right after Thanksgiving. I suppressed and drove on waiting for what I THOUGHT was surly the end for me, because I saw plasma exploding by me and it was coming from behind. Minor missed me 3 times before I found the rough patch at that point I simply spammed and prayed. I kept hitting him he kept missing me, which gave me enough time to suppress yet again, :cool: which finally made me arrogant and decided to charge him after all his gunner seemed to hit me once every 15 rounds with a Basilisk, I turned after him, hit that last bump and came down, a plasma blast went right over my tank into my screen which looked cool, and likely would have killed me had it hit. By this point he was already on fire and I swapped to the Vulcan and finished him. :eek: I thought I was alright, but apparently his gunner finally started doing his job and when I swapped back to 3rd person to my shock and absolute horror, I was back on fire. :)oops: The alarm and slowed movement should have also been a CLUE, but I was in the moment.) I engineered myself a new backside and went to find a place to hide so I could save the video. Hahahaha! God bless PS4.

5. (OF THE BUSINESS but technically 6)
    :) You would be wrong, and the operative word is SHOULD be. It WOULD be stronger if adjusting the sensitivity did not also adjust the turrets turning speed. It is as myth that it is harder to control something with a control pad. It all boils down to what you were raised on. I cannot use a keyboard and mouse to save my SOUL, o_O "and babe' that is tryin'." There are some games out there that K.B.& M. users cannot, and will not, EVER stand a chance at due to all the keybinding and uncomfortable positions you would have to uses just to do standard operation. Armored Core, ANY prior to AC5 would be a great example. Control has always been way easier on a console for me yes they replace the, On/Off with pressure sensitive sticks which can reduce response time considerably if the game is not coded right but a simple cheap I/O pad will fix that.
    :) I am not disputing they can climb like a Tarantula after an insect, I am saying they cannot do it fast enough to truly be effective in battle. You have to already be up there lying in wait, which is boring, when in fact this is a bleeding HOVER TANK!!! :mad: It is supposed to be out there running circles around things, dropping dusts storms with the sheer POWER of its ignited engines moving its huge MASS from 0 to 62.137 miles per hour, in 0.7 of a second. :eek: The decibels of sound this thing should create should shake the ground, and even if it were to remain silent it still should out right VAPORIZE ANY STANDING BEHIND IT!!! ;) Which I would take, because that too would stop a Harasser from the run under domination, if it tried, we could simply turn around Batman Returns Bat-mobile Style and hit the thrust for some major damage or at least a thick cloud of Dust Ice or now to hide our movements for a while.

6.(OF THE BUSINESS but technically 7)
    :rolleyes: Okay, I am sensing a pattern that you are not reading my posts completely...o_O I said not only that but I spent THE NEXT 3 DAYS doing the same thing, and when I feel like being a jerk, I swap to the Republic and do this to date. So how is that "ONE good run?"

7.(OF THE BUSINESS but technically 8)
    Well that one that has not happened YET in the months I have been playing. Anytime I go to a major battle, the "stock looking" Magriders are the first to get creamed. There is not one stock looking Magrider that I have seen beat a Prowler outright with no help they are on fire within the first 20 seconds of the fight and dead with in the first 25. Hahahaha! UNLESS, another Magrider or even funnier still an ":cool: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW!!!!" Screaming Sunderer, with a double Basilisk comes flying over some massive hill to land in front of it, all four barrels blazing, to destroy it. I managed to kill Prowlers, but it was by using pure cowards tactics. Hide way far away sniper and kill steal was the only way I could even hope to beat one. Magriders just don't have the GESTALT to stand against either of the factions tanks head on right out of the box. :confused: Which is really sad and unrealistic.
    As far as being able to out heal a distanced Harasser's Vulcan... :D HAHAHAHAHA! Really? Have you ever played Planetside? What happens when a scared Harasser sees that you have stopped to try to repair? They circle you and shoot at your feet and tank damaging both until you give up and stop trying to heal it, or you die. :D Or, or, my personal favorite, the NITROUS BOOST INTO AND UNDER YOUR TANK WHILE THE DRIVER GET OUT TO SHOOT THE HEALER WHILE THE GUNNER KEEPS GRINDING YOUR TANK TO PASTE! So no that is not a viable option to survival. Hahahaha! I always run as a fully leveled engineer when vehicle driving with the exception of the Flash. So yeah I am doing all I can by myself.

8. (OF THE BUSINESS technically 9)
    :rolleyes: I find that VERY hard to believe if you were strictly using Magriders. HOWEVER, ;) in a prowler? Oh yes, I believe you all day. I have not lost a Prowler to a single Harasser yet either. Crap, they don't stick around long enough for the most part I don't even bother trying to hit them with the cannon the VULCAN is more than enough AT RANGE. Hahahaha! :D And a Vanguard? Hahahahaha! The mere notion is laughable, the shield combined with the bottle rocket whistler shooter? Or any other weapon? Caaaaaake...:p
    Lastly the game is NOW the same over both Systems, I saw no reason to specify, so I didn't, ;) Just sayin'.

:D This has been one of THE most enjoyable times I have had out of responding to such a PILLAR response! You had quite a bit of info to share, and that I haven't already, I will CERTAINLY try on the field. ;) Thank you very much for taking the time to respond!

:cool: Stay mean Mr. 900.[/QUOTE]