The 2 things ruining Planetside 2.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AirPilot, Jun 17, 2016.

1. AirPilot

These two things are anti-air and ground pounders.

Both of these enduce rage from pilots and infantry to the point of the small good feeling you feel for useing such OP weapons isn't worth the frustration of the people on the recieveing end. Please nerf these.

(I'm not going to write paragraphs about how they're OP, it's already been posted by me in the fourms a few times and other people).
  2. Jex =TE=

After I shoot down air in my SkyGuard, I deliberately drive over the wreckage of their fallen bird, back and forth, over and over, donuts and wheelies....
    • Up x 2
  3. Daigons

For me it's players who jump onto their alts to join the faction that is successfully zerging the continent. The other is the complete domination of tanks & air vehicles by the faction that is successfully zerging the continent. The game has to drastically boost the XP bonus to keep players fighting zergs while taking away the incentive of being part of the zerg by not awarding any XP after so many one sided kills in a surrounding area.
    • Up x 1
  4. Sulsa

LOL

donuts and wheelies!
    donuts and wheelies!
    donuts and wheelies!

I'm going to invent a breakfast cereal/desert/kids snack with this name and make millions and then I will send you a check.
  5. ObiVanuKenobi

If you remove A2G you would kill airgame.
    Air would have no strategical purpose and there wouldn't be anyone to fight.
    What do you suggest to do with the Liberator? Delete it?
    • Up x 1
  6. Eternaloptimist

I generally find that air can dominate small ground forces but big ground forces tend to see it off or wipe it out with relative ease. I suppose that somewhere between the two extremes there is a kind of balance but it is easily upset.
  7. Jex =TE=

oooh yes please! We should come up with a catchy tune as well! LOL
  8. Jex =TE=

All it takes is one squad all on comms and that's enough to reduce most of the air out of the area.
  9. Diggsano

My 2 things that are ruining Planetside 2 are:

There will always be 66% who demand a nerf.
    There will always be 33% who demand a buff.
    • Up x 4
  10. Jex =TE=

I don't think these forums are representative of the player base tbh
    • Up x 1
  11. AirPilot

Nonsence it would kill the air game. Many ESF pilots like dogfighting and going 1 vs 1 with each other and only like the air game so they want to be left alone to do that just like many tank players use tanks becuase they love shooting other tanks.

Also for the air game you would still be able to shoot down, galaxies, liberators, valkaries and ESFs just like you can now but to go air to ground would require a lot of skill to pick people off with the nose gun, it's entirely possible.
  12. stalkish

You go near debris with a vehicle and dont explode instantly? :eek:

Where do you buy your armour upgrades :p?
    • Up x 2
  13. stalkish

Super awesome dogfights and airbattles? ;)

Eh, much like now then hehe.

Seriously tho, ^ this.
    Combined arms is combined arms, not 3 seperate games playing on the same map.

And how would you remove A2G, turn off weapons if aircraft point down?
    Give an aircraft any weapon, and you give it A2G capability in some form.
  14. stalkish

Id be very sad if i knew i didnt have to worry about aircraft any more.
    Sure they annoying, or can be, but i like the intensity they can bring to a fight.
    • Up x 1
  15. Yaesu

For me, it's releasing untested patches that are supposedly to fix things, that only makes things worse. And nerfing things after one has spent a bit of money/certs on, to find it's nothing but junk now.
  16. Jex =TE=

LOL no I was just making the pilots even more mad after the OP said they got mad.

I get out and wee on it instead :p
    • Up x 2
  17. Jex =TE=

Yep, you can play a game and see everything as a challenge or you can play a game and whinge about things. Combined arms also allow for spectacular battles and I might take an infil and watch one if I can get a good view point just to see how it pans out.
    • Up x 1
  18. Jex =TE=

Are DB doing that?? Sony used to release a massively OP weapon, let us all ***** about it on the forums then nerf it 2 months later after the sales had dropped. Sony's and now DB pricing model is nonsense too btw. They're hurting the longevity of the game and should take a leaf out of WOT or DOTA and start using a pricing model everyone can participate in.
  19. Short

It's fine.
  20. SW0V

looks at siganture:

BALANCE THE GAME!
    THINGS TO BUFF:
    VS
    -SPIKER
    -CERBERUS
    -GROUND PPA
    -ZOE MAX
    -PHASESHIFT
    -DIRECTIVE PISTOL

TR
    -RIPPER SOUND
    -TRAP
    -MARAUDER
    -DIRECTIVE PISTOL

NC
    -MJOLNIR
    -DIRECTIVE PISTOL

... the hypocrisy is so cringe worthy. Unless you admit that you're ruining Planetside 2.