The #1 Feature that would change the game for the best

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sustainedfire, Mar 10, 2015.

1. sustainedfire

Show near player avatars who has actually bought station cash for PS2.

It's growing wearisome browsing the forum waiting for the first sign of content to be released since dbg took over.

it's fairly obvious that a large number of people posting are not really invested In the game. It would be a nice feature to have it clear to people who are browsing the forum casually to know the true voice of the players.

Maybe forum privileges should be only for players who have paid into the game. Or there should be an elite forum, where the real players can discuss what's important for the game.
    • Up x 1
  2. HadesR

Nope I think removing MAX's would trump that as #1 :p

But seriously .. Bad idea .. I have paid money into the game but that doesn't make me better or worse than someone who hasn't ..

Good or bad suggestions are not just tied to those who have paid or not
    • Up x 2
  3. Agamaer

I bought $20's worth of Station Cash in 2012. I am a true player!
    • Up x 1
  4. Flamberge

Eh, I have bought SC in the past, so it wouldn't affect me.

However, the VAST majority of the player base, the "true voice of the players" are F2P. That's just how the cookie crumbles in a F2P game. Also, if this game went P2P, where would the gigantic fights be? Tons of players is this game's "special sauce".
    • Up x 2
  5. Mezinov

Isn't that functionally what the all access forum badge does? Distinguish those who give money to actually support development?

Just sayin'.

Also to some degree the opinions of those not already spending money is more important than those that have because those who haven't represent your potential growth and future sales. The fact they are posting and communicating means they can still be won as clients.
  6. TerminalT6

I really don't think that forum-goers need a reason to tell someone why their opinion matters more.
    • Up x 2
  7. Shanther

Buff the Orion and Betegeuse. Way better idea.
    • Up x 3
  8. DashRendar

I think this would backfire. If readers could see a dollar amount for what I've spent in SC/Subs over 2.5 years, they'd think I was insane.
    • Up x 3
  9. DashRendar

10. Shanther

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  11. JudgeNu

<<~~ I have the allaccess logo.

I pay 15$/mos. and a little here and there.
    Noone pays any attention to me.
    Lol.
    Jk.
  12. andy_m

Not all subscribers get that "allaccess" logo under their name on the forum...
    • Up x 1
  13. Ronin Oni

I'd like your post but for the MAX bit ;)
  14. Pelojian

The #1 issue with any PVP game is the community (or to be specific jerks who ruin gameplay for others) and the developers/management unwilling to punish such behavior with game mechanics.

if you overpoped a hex by more then 10% and as a result you got less XP you would see less 24vs24 fight devolve into a 48vs24 and then fizzle out because the 24 stopped having fun and starting having a terrible game experiance and ether quit or redployed while that 2 squad goes to find another fight to destory.

but noooo DBG doesn't want to give the toxic players the cane, they want to keep giving such players the candy XP from capping a base they were only in for the last minute of the cap.
  15. Ronin Oni

If they were only there for the last minute of the cap, that player had nothing to do with the overpop at that base that zerged it... (as a pilot I pick up those cap XPs whenever I see them opportunistically while I'm buzzing around looking for big fights that aren't yet overloaded with AA to critical mass)

if they were and sat there the whole cap, you don't need to punish their XP... they're doing that plenty well themselves.
  16. Pelojian

yeah. the zergs really piss me off. i can be fighting a nice medium or small battle then a zergsquad decides to destory the fight because they want some measly cap xp and want to farm, the fight dissolves because the zerg destorys other player's enjoyment then they find some other fight to grief.

that's why in PVP games the community is always the #1 issue. nobody cares if the other faction is enjoying the fight. the zerg just wants easy wins and farms so when there is a balanced fight they have an edge in equipment.
  17. ATRA_Wampa-One

I like the cut of your jib.
  18. TheAcidpiss

True Voice of the game?

I tell you right now if all the FTP players stopped playing, you wouldn't have much to shoot at.
  19. AssaultPig

you would quickly discover that a couple bucks' worth of disposable income doesn't necessarily make people smarter, or any less inclined to be jerks
    • Up x 4
  20. Liewec123

honestly i'd feel a bit ashamed if it showed the £500-600 i've spent on this game lol.
    • Up x 1