The 0 Cert challenge. This game is not Pay 2 win.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FortySe7en, Nov 28, 2012.

1. neoenigma

Sorry for coming in here so late but... why no certs? You can't buy certs. You can only buy SC. So using Certs, you'd have the same advantages as everyone else who does not money on the game?

Just saying because certs can get you things like C4 which wont help you in a straight up engagements vs another enemy but DOES help out your team a LOT when defending against tanks\sunderers.
  2. D0n

No, this game is zerg to win not pay to win.

Pay to win is the inability of using something forever unless you pay, you have to unlock stuff in here as you progress, sure they are selling shortcuts which is just as bad but definetly no pay to win.

That is merely yet another idiotic misconception by your average tool.
  3. Ebs

I feel like this game gives you an advantage that is too large if you are willing to spend Station Cash on air and armor upgrades or weapons, but that's just like my opinion, man.
  4. FortySe7en

Stream will continue Monday night guys and gals. Thanks for tuning in this week, we just have some finalization to take care of for the Advanced Gamers website. Thank you for all the support so far.

Next week, I will be switching back and forth between 0 certs, and a custom loadout character with just minimal certs from about 3 hours of gameplay. Hope to see you there.
  5. FortySe7en

Your advice has been taken into consideration. Thank you for your support.
  6. FortySe7en

Feel free to submit this data / video footage to my twitch PM box. You and I have very different experiences. I'd like to see exactly what you are doing while flying around.

Thanks!
  7. FortySe7en

Stream will be up again tonight at 8 EST!! Sorry for the delay , but avg website should be coming soon now!
  8. Trinith

I don't mean to cause offense here, especially because I appreciate the effort you're going through, but I don't feel like you're proving anything here.

Consider your "test". You're a single individual not spending any certs or SC, using stock weapons and sights, but you're running with an organized group who are using these things. I think the current average cert per hour number these days is around 30, right? From your screenshot, you got 86 in 3.25 hours? That's a bit under the average. So one might argue that a stock player, even running with a fully organized platoon, sees a below average performance.

I think if you wanted a truly significant test, you'd need a full platoon of players running zero-cert and using a variety of tactics (ie, ground and air vehicles, in addition to infantry) to get a truly reasonable test.

Personally I find this game isn't play to win, though it very much is borderline. In a lot of cases certain unlocks give you a significant advantage, to the point where they are the only option to counter certain types of attacks, but the overhead of cert requirement is so large it makes them difficult to obtain. This is especially true in terms of vehicles as I actually find the infantry game, without certs (or at least, maybe a sight) to be fairly comfortable to play.

So again, I appreciate your efforts to take this challenge head on, but would ask that you please consider revising your test :)
  9. |Poo|

It may not be pay to win.
    But it's definitely pay for a huge early advantage.

Who cares..those who pay are what keeps the game afloat.
    • Up x 1
  10. Bierno

yeah people need to realize that people that are spending money are supporting the game future. For those playing the game for free, you can upgrade so much stuff before upgrading your weapon.
  11. FortySe7en

So I skipped double XP weekend. Ive noticed a slight difference in gameplay since everyone outmatches me a lot now, but not enough to completely distort my gameplay.