Thanks to Luperza and Higby For Participating in Serversmash

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WyrdHarper, May 17, 2014.

1. WyrdHarper

As someone from VG said over on reddit, Serversmash showcases what Planetside 2 is all about. There was a ton of community participation, the fight was a blast, and it was a really fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon/evening. I know we've already thanked the awesome crew responsible for setting up the event, but I really wanted to thank the devs who showed up and were also involved. It was really nice to see them getting involved in this huge community thing, and it was fun having Higby running around giving revives and having Luperza help out with the streaming.

So thanks--hopefully seeing these massive continental fights will bring more players into the game, because I know it showcases the best aspects of it. I think one improvement it could use would be to have more cameras, as well as some POV cameras, so you see a point Crash from the view of the the commanders, or so you could quickly flip to cameras when a massive liberator bombing comes in.

Good fun, looking forward to more of these in the future!
    • Up x 10
  2. Lockerius

I wanna echo WH's comments. That gave me some renewed interest in the game. That is what the game should be about.

Not sure how you would incorporate that into the main game, but more can only be better.

To those of you who missed Server Smash, you missed a great fight.

Thanks to those who came out and fought, from both Mattherson and Miller.
  3. Czerny

Yeah this was probably the most fun I've ever had in Planetside, just playing with organized outfits of all the people I usually play with and against. It would be amazing for SOE to throw more support behind this and make it an official thing.

Shoutout to the casters and staff for putting this great event together.
  4. Madcat9

Well that solves the mystery for me of why Mattherson was boring today.
  5. Prudentia

Idea was good and i was hoping for some good old Indar Vanu lock defense fights.
    sadly the server couldn't handle it. with a ping of 150 on both sides people should NOT warp across the entire screen. also spanbeacons should not take 10 seconds to work, which was especially infuriating as my Outfit, Vanus Revenge, was together with INI the Fast Response Team.
    delayed drops, good old laggy healing and repping, etc.
    at one point i was shoting a guy from DA, he stepped to the side and warped into a wall, i then shot a 903 guy a bit off, dropped dead from the DA guy who reappeared out of the wall... and got the kill on the 903 guy 5 seconds later.
    or i managed to shot 3 guys, didn't have time to reload and knifed a guy 3 times... not a single registred hit.
    The most fun i had when i was on a roof shoting guys below who didn't knew i was there, because they didn't move so i had some actual targets. (btw 903 improve your comms, i killed like 10 of you guys at the end before Vonic killed me with his PPA scythe)
  6. Yuki10

blah blah blah.....

they should fix bugs instead of fooling around.
  7. Luperza Community Manager

Thank you to those who participated, ran the event and joined to watch it! I had a ton of fun casting it. :)

I will be working with the PS2_PickUp/PS2_ServerSmash peeps in a more official capacity in the future. One thing at a time. :D
    • Up x 8
  8. Badname707

Two completely separate things. Bugs are a minor issue that will plague this game until they cease development. Get over them now. It's the community that holds this game together, and SOE getting involved with Server Smash is a big step in the right direction.
  9. Justicia

Thank you Higby for honouring my request for the 2 hour alert, that was great!
  10. Crashsplash

Funnily enough Miller was too .... I mean Esamir and Amerish were totally dominated by TR and the only real fight was on Indar.
  11. Crashsplash

I'd like to add my tahnks to the work you've done on casting too Luperzaa but also register a plea for Higby. CC and SS are great and I've had a lot of fun watching but please don't neglect the meta in the main game itself. Ta.
    • Up x 1