Thanks for Ruining NC max and making it unplayable

Discussion in 'MAX' started by MisterBond, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Doom721

Come on you knew it was coming. Even my vanilla regular scattermax could take on 3-4 people without sweating just to rearm and reload. I can't imagine what a ******* dual extended mags hacksaw max would be doing about.

Other maxes have never been underpowered, they have done a great job JUST out of the short range - starting into medium range. Ever see a mercy or a cosmos max down a hallway? They hurt pretty damn bad at that range.

I should of abused the MAX when I had the chance, but I don't enjoy the biofarms as much as some people - I actually want to contest the entire map and progress the campaign - sitting in a biolab waiting for an attack is no fun to me. At least this way the effing ******** will stop about "HOW OP THE NC MAX IS" because the amount of threads on it was tiresome. Its still deadly people, now it just does it a little bit slower with worse uptime. Also as much as I love my pump action, its about damn time - that thing was OP as hell in its first iteration. I trialed it and went in combat, and immediately bought it - racked up an auraxiam really quickly - faster than any other weapon.

Now all we need are more varied MAX weapons, I really would LOVE to have some range on my NC max.
    • Up x 1
  2. r1stormrider

you can still abuse the NC max. just get extended mags and lol
  3. Free Man

Less ammo -> no problem
    Less damage -> no problem
    Less RoF -> MAX now unplayable

He fires now so slow , getting killed now very easily.

Now I want range weapons for max or I will spend my money on other games.

Thanks to the VS TR whiners - you did a great job :mad:
    • Up x 1
  4. Ghosty11

If that were the case then you would think that Magrider is due further nerfs, since the whining has never ceased, even when it was over nerfed. :eek:
  5. Aegie

Or you may expect them to balance something that has an 8.5% score advantage instead of balancing something with a 20% score advantage.
  6. SpcFarlen

Ive said this time and time again. Give NC a ranged option (no slugs...) and then give TR & VS a CQC option for their MAX and no nerf will be needed. Sure its more work on SOE because theyd have to design three (six to dual weild) weapons but you get out of this nerf, buff, nerf, buff cycle that has pretty much plagued all the MAXs since Beta.

Infantry units have similar weaponry, MBTs have similar weaponry, ESFs have similar weaponry. Then Gals, Libs and Lightnings are the same across the board. Bursters are the same, no faction flavor there. AV MAX weapons are the same (they are terrible and have faction... ish flavor). Yet we have one weapon grouping that has completely different. VS and TR get heavy machine guns and NC gets a shotgun.

Just add more weapon options that make MAXs equal, and we will all be happy. As i stated above, NC need a ranged option, VS and TR need a cqc option. So finally we can stop this debate and actually make MAX units across the board a threat before thy all get nerfed to the point of uselessness because after all if NC gets nerf after nerf eventually the other will too.

No one wants that.
  7. Zaik

wrong

nc MAX will still instakill normal infantry dumb enough to run at it, that will probably never change no matter how hard the tears fall. The only thing the changes did was make it so you can never ever kill another MAX unless you have extended mags.

previously, it was a simple range check, if you were within x meters and they didn't have x level of kinetic armor you would win without extended mags, otherwise you would lose. now you can never ever win any max vs. max fight without them, because you have to be within 8m and you have to survive a full reload but you move slower than the other max so there is no way for you to ever get out of LoS to reload.
  8. OddChelsea

Unplayable? I just hopped on my NC scatmax (with the scatman song playing in the background of course) and I killed any infantry that got near me and didn't run fast enough just fine. I certainly noticed the ROF decrease but honestly it's not bad enough to make the NC max useless.
  9. centurionvi

Oddly enough the Hacksaw nerf makes them easier to use. Now instead of blowing through your ammo overkilling people because they shoot so fast the lower ROF gives you greater control.
  10. Ghosty11

Tell me how I'm wrong? I think what you posted confirmed everything I posted.
    • NC MAX can no longer insta-gib other MAXes. Check.
    • TR and VS MAXes without extended mags can't kill other MAXes without reloading. Check.
    • NC MAXes don't have to worry about the lone infantryman charging at them to get in their dead spot inside of 2 feet. Check.
  11. warmachine1

Less ammo = more camping.
  12. Valaska

Actually not the NC Max's are even worse in long range, so their ONLY useable situation is BioLabs, as you might get caught in the open now, and even with slugs our projectile is slowed.
  13. Atlien77

lol
    you're funny NC
  14. Zaik

#1: Never did
    #2: Always could, still can. NC MAXes cannot now.
    #3: Never did
  15. Goretzu

:D
  16. Ztiller

A whine thread after a nerf.

Who did not see this coming?
  17. MisterBond

A nerf given to a factions max cause it had a KD ratio of only 1.03 vs VS and 1.012 against TR, and was earning 1000exp more a hour vs the other two factions.

You're damn right we'll complain, this nerf was pointless. They could have just given the other factions close range weapons.

Hell there is already files in the game for flame throwers, I don't see the problem here.
    • Up x 2
  18. Zakuak

Good point Bond.

I will say I still died to NC ScatMax's last night a couple times so they aren't useless however...

I think a shotty variant should have been assigned to the other two faction Max's, Would really be a blood bath in biolabs then haha.

I'm all for more options and less nerfs.
  19. EclipsedTerror

NC maxes still curbstomp in the range they were always good at before(short). The only thing that has changed is the amount of people they can faceroll before needing to reload.
    • Up x 1
  20. CrazyMike

I never played my scatter max at range anyway. It was a waste of time. The burster still does it's job. Here is a fun idea. Go with dual falcons. :D