Testing Request - Warpgate Rotations

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Chicken Wings

Give this man a medal.
    • Up x 1
  2. jweathers Systems/UI Design Lead

This is something we will be doing. The warpgate ownership will no longer just "rotate" to the right/left. We have all new configurations of warpgates that we will cycle through and, yes, some of these configurations only change the ownership of two warpgates on a continent. We will be posting more information about the different configurations and rotation schedule very soon.
    • Up x 4
  3. Tar

4. Badname1652

I liked the idea of keeping one home warpgate for each faction all the time and having the others be rotated by capture. This will lead to each faction having a certain bond with each continent. Also, please remove the tech plant= MBT rule because as of now, it means whoever has the tech plants is spamming the spawn rooms with HE shells. A resource revamp is also needed to improve continental infrastructure. This will aid the game flow and allow for giant pushes with very little territory left and result in more epic battles. Currently, if your continent is mostly capped, there is nothing you can do as you will not have the resources to push out with vehicles and infantry consumables, which means "Ghost Cappers" win 100% of the time. Though not on your spreadsheets, it is happening. Having them all rotate on a regular basis is in my opinion too radical of a change too fast. Plus, it will possibly lead to a giant camp situation before the gate flips. Also, this idea is extremely unrefined at it's current stage. My .02- One "Home Base" for each empire, and all the other warpgates can be capped.

ON A SIDE NOTE:
    Either home bases or Hossin is just one giant outpost per empire, no shields or hurtzones, but massive fortifications (turrets, walls, domes, vehicle bays/hangars. And have all warpgates be capturable but have Hossin have small, off-the-radar links to all 3 continents, as currently it seems to be a forward operating base more than an established continent.
  5. MistaN

What if the winner didnt get rotated?
    :O
  6. Scientiarum

You do know that just a couple of patches ago you can switch continents directly from the map screen regardless of the territory you are in right?
  7. Blueink

Lets move the cups around the peasants will love it and our trick will never be seen....

Warp gate rotation is rubbish and a lazy solution I just do not get why you still will not take something that was great in PS1 and use it. If you like a warp gate location on Indar earn it (oh wait we cannot faction balance properly because we allow people to play all factions on a server without a lockout hmmm maybe we should have thought that through more).

Sanc was fantastic in PS1, so all It seems like you doing is trying to build some sort of legacy where you can say "We did it on our own yeeehaaaa!" *fistpump* and screw PS1 (shall I mention easy vehicle spam the biggest facepalm of the game which is still impacting the game adversely "hello everything being walled up!").
  8. Blueink

So you have to push 1 button instead of 2 now awesome!, point of post over someones head *whooosh* priceless
    • Up x 1
  9. Shrubbo

Yes and how is that any better? If the warp gates actually work then it becomes a big virtual world. If I change maps by clicking a button on the map or going to a station and clicking a button how is this any different then going to play on another server? It isn't.

When you can drive, walk, fly through a warp gate and get to the next continent and brings the whole thing together. What they have now was a stop gap thing to get it to work in beta, apart from dressing it up a wee bit it is still the same stop gap measure and for me at least completely stuffs the whole feel of the thing.
    • Up x 1
  10. Strikejk

I like the work about automatic warpgate rotation but the enemys are always static in order.
    To resolve this problem I present to you the perfect balanced warpgate rotation.
    No faction has the same warpgate twice in a row (except north).
    Every faction has to fight each enemy from a different direction.
    Max balance, max dynamic:

[IMG]
    (sorry for the horrible image but shiny graphics are not in the budget)
  11. unanoxa

This is a terrible idea. Warp-gate rotation is needed to mix up the map. Though when you Flip gates while the servers are live will not only completely break the flow of combat, but result in massive ghost capping as a REQUIREMENT to get back into contact with the enemy. Keep the current system of doing it during downtime it has far few negatives.
    • Up x 1
  12. Raka Maru

I would much rather see warp gate ownership being EARNED, although this is still just a fix for the non-existent SANC.

Let's say a faction wanted the Indar north warp gate, we would go up and cut off all supply lines (or encircle it) to the base and the base goes on a timer as well as an announcement to the 2 factions who are about to swap warp gates. The lattice would have to be looked at more carefully to ensure this is possible for each continent and warp gate.

We could even have a label on the warp gate stating "This gate has been owned by TR for 3 months, 5 days, 10 hours..."
  13. KEBYKepoW

I saw that Physx is also back.
    But sometimes when I shoot with the ML-7 RPG TR (not only that weapon), the particles will be spawned as Buildings or other objects.

I think this already being found.

[IMG]
  14. Erilis

[IMG]
    wtf...