Test Server Update - 10/23

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metal Insomniac

Eh. Now I see what you guys mean. It's too smooth, and frankly, resembles a fancy music player skin.
    • Up x 2
  2. Lazaruz

Some quick first impressions from the test server in video form...

• Up x 1
  3. Jaybo H

Yessir, I once tried not to be Energyone but I failed and now my eyebrow twitches.
    • Up x 2
  4. Jaybo H

Regarding the HUD from the 'Be Less Derp' guy:

1. When you are NOT using the centralized HUD, it is very difficult to track the bars using peripheral vision now due to having inconsistent thicknesses in the bars (health/shield.)

2. When using the centralized HUD, can the edges of the bars have the fade effect removed? It is extremely difficult to see and can and probably will affect a player's judgments.

Regarding the recon darts:

1. We need to see where the darts are and the radar pulses - this actually affects tactics and usage of additional darts.
    • Up x 1
  5. DeadliestMoon

I like it. Although if people are going to be big OCD babies about it, then I guess it could be a little thicker.
    • Up x 2
  6. Metal Insomniac

...that's what she said?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  7. tigerchips

Wondering if anyone can help me, I get this....

Medium graphics settings seems normal
    [IMG]

High graphics settings, almost all colour gone and shadows disappear, it is also very dark....
    [IMG]

Both screenshots were taken at more or less the same time.
  8. Raxxyl Ryan "Raxxyl" Wells

I didn't want my name to be red because you guys might assume I'm TR. I'd hate to fuel more rumors that we're biased toward TR. :)

Coincidentally, I'm wearing my VS shirt today, but it's not cold enough to wear my TR jacket.
    • Up x 1
  9. codeForge

Yeah we just found the issue this morning with going from medium to high causing weirdness. If you restart the client under high, it should go away.

Transitions and allowing graphics settings to change while the game is running is often tricky. We'll get it fixed though, thanks for reporting it!
    • Up x 1
  10. Piestro Community Relations

TR is better. Your name is now red.
    • Up x 3
  11. CEGrif

damn right solider
    • Up x 2
  12. Vanu_the_killer

Im new to the test server, How can I download it?
  13. Lazaruz

There's a link to the download in the thread below this one, the one marked "Test Server Policies".
  14. Consumer

That's a good comparison. Indeed, I have little issues with its usability (I am not picky about the number of ticks in the bar--percentages/urgency can be estimated easily). However, it looks very out of place with the rest of the game; perhaps if all of the game's aesthetic design were like that, it would be cohesive albeit ugly.

Anyways, a fancy PSP-looking music player skin is usable, but it's still not particularly enticing. It's good they worked on removing GUI overhead, but the style they chose for this looks very awkward.
    • Up x 3
  15. simplicious

Okay, please, for the love of god, remove the new awful kill images (The ones that now appear when you kill someone, and radiate blue light). They are greatly distracting, serve no purpose other than flash, and are EXTREMELY annoying. Not only that, I can't even imagine people who play at 720p (streamers and such) dealing with the constant flashing along the bottom half of your screen when you go on a killing spree.
    It really resembles the cluttered kill feed of battlefield 3, and is really unnecessary. Just plain text would do.
  16. Duranous

The new health bars drive me crazy, the ability cool down is fine the health/shield bars just look bad to me and I can't quite get as much information from them than I could with the old ones, the just seem more "vague" I guess.
  17. kmike

Can't access the test server - I'm stuck at 96% at the loading screen, both today and yesterday. When I kill the game from the task manager, on the launcher run it says "the game is currently playing" and I guess a full reboot is needed.
  18. ScrapyardBob

Have there been focused test sessions announced? Or even "suggested" play session windows where you have encouraged the large outfits to come play on the server on a particular weeknight.

It's kind of pointless to say "hey, login and test this" when there is never anyone around and no good fights get started.
  19. UncleBenzs

I noticed the AMC had a sound change
  20. Ginjer

I agree with all of the complaints about the new HUD. I dislike the fact that it is so faint and there aren't a specific amount of bars to reference for total health and such. The new reload circle is just too thin, with the new coloration it gets lost among the background on most of Indar. I don't like the new killfeed, it is a little difficult to read and the new kill notification is really distracting. I like the overall aesthetic of the new HUD, but I don't like its application. I found during play that I was looking a lot more at my bars than I normally would in order to see what my shields/health/ability bars were at and this caused me to die on a number of occasions. Additionally, for me, activating my cloak while sprinting would cause me to stop sprinting, same with deactivating it. It was really getting on my nerves when I eventually logged off. I haven't tested if it does the same for things such as heavy shields or medic aoe heal. Overall, I think the game looks and runs a little smoother/better now, but I do experience stutters that I never experienced before. I am running the game on all ultra settings through the useroptions.ini.
    My specs are as follows:
    Intel i7 2600k 3.4ghz @ 4.3ghz
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 4g
    8g of G-Skill sniper RAM at 1866
    Intel SSD 120g HD
    With everything on ultra and having fps capped at 60, I get 60 almost constantly, in the hectic fight at the Crown i never dropped below 45, besides the stutters, which as I said I don't experience on live.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.