Test Server Update - 10/23

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadliestMoon

Wait, you're Energyone?
  2. D3amonEngineer

Before the update on Live server and Test server i was able to use both my CPU and my GPU also when i alt+f but after the hardware update on EU server and also after updated the 1.7gb patch for test server my laptop wont be using cpu anymore it only uses GPU if i alt+f. Please tell me how can i able to use it my cpu also for the game, this only happen after the most recent server update on live and also the test server. Hope to get a really good answer to also use my cpu back for the game.
  3. Fama

The ALT+F frames counter lets you know what is limiting your frames at that moment. If you only see GPU then that's a good thing since you can easily lower your graphics settings and get even better performance. Lowering your graphics settings will get you better performance until your CPU can't keep up. Once you start seeing CPU and GPU come up that means that both the CPU and GPU are equally limiting your graphics and you are getting optimum performance.
    • Up x 1
  4. D3amonEngineer

Thanks for the quick answer as now my game only shows i uses GPU it means i'm GPU-bound?
  5. Jac70

When they say use your 'Live' account what do they mean?
  6. Lazaruz

Some feedback on the OMFG phase one...

Bugs:

- Flickering orbs randomly appearing in the distance for a second or so...
    - Turret and terminal icons all flashing in the HUD for a second when you fly over/pass a facility.
    - Certs/upgrades won't save. You cert into things, but the next time they are gone (not sure if it's just because of crashing).
    - Unable to turn off HUD.
    - Unable to record the map or other HUD elements with the in-game recorder.
    - Crashing. Every 15 minutes or so.

FPS:

- 48 vs 48 biolab (Allatum) gives 5 additional fps, and for me runs currently at around 18-23fps (previously would drop as low as 12fps)
    - Running/driving/flying alone gives an additional 10-30fps, depending on the facility and area.
    - Flying around a 48 vs 48 biolab (Allatum) gave me around 20fps with sudden drops to 5-6fps, followed by a crash.

Other things:

- Love the new reload circle!
    - Do not love the new shield and health bars. I find it harder to notice if I'm being hit/wounded. Wish they were thicker...
    - Biolab 2.0 looks awesome, will miss my sniper spot in the tree :(
    - New font for names etc, seems ok.
    - Centralized HUD looks nice.

Current specs:

i5-480m 2.67GHz, GT 540m, 8gb RAM, Win 7 64-bit
    All low settings with graphics on medium, default render distance.
  7. deggy

Yep. And that's a good thing.

Turning down graphics setting will take a load off your GPU, so if you want MOAR FRAMEZ you can do that until you see GPU and CPU intermittently.
  8. daniel696

I had in bio labs fight with everything on ultra, 15 20 fps, now I have 19 30, and it's more stable at 27 30, and this is the phase 1, good work.
    One little question here, is impression mine or... when the shadows are on high my fps keeps the same with the shadows on low ? I'm playing it on High now.
    • Up x 1
  9. daniel696

There's a bug with the HUD, that doesn't show your ammo and the NV scope is broken too;.
  10. EazyDuzIt

Seriously! You still haven't fixed the ENGINEER TURRET shooting itself in the shield and being completely useless because its so unreliable?
  11. CptFirelord

Happened on Mattherson on Live a while ago.. just a few days ago actually. 0 people in WG = fun times.
  12. daniel696

I crashed when I alt tab, the moment was when the Bio Lab has been captured by my faction, TR, and then I crashed, without warning.
  13. Metal Insomniac

Would anyone be so kind as to post a SS of the new Centralized HUD? Very curious as to what changes they have made.
  14. Puppy

Nig bio lab fights have improved from 30 to 40 but I get constant frame freezes. Sometimes I can barely even type.
  15. Isokon

[IMG]
  16. iccle

Really do not like the changes to the health bars on the centralized hud or the kill screen, sure the smooth gradients look nice but the information is lost, i can now no longer say ok i have 5 bars of health left so that means i can...., or that max we were shooting has only 3 bars of health left, now its more like well that max has somewhere between 10% and 30% maybe?
    • Up x 3
  17. okolepooka

I like the way the new HUD looks...but don't like the way it looks...like iccle said.
  18. MichaelS

i like the old center HUD better, because things were much clearer to see. now everything is blurry. the reload "cycle" is ok.
    btw, is the no deploy zone for everyone or only for enemys. these change ingame (live) all the time.
    FPS isn't really better and smooth should be turned on by default. allmost everyone need it.
    i hate the new magriders, they may be cool in the dark, but like i already told in the PS discussion forum when they post the first picture. its ****.
    New Biolab. NO. NONONO NO!
  19. Snoozzzer

Looks nicer, personal frame rates actually went down - but I'm no longer CPU bound! I haven't gotten around to tweaking settings though - everything looks...shinier.
  20. Mofker

Playing with everything on ultra except shadows gave me 45-50 fps on live
    on test i get around 110 (with shadows off)

I approve this patch:D:D:D:D:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.