TEST Server New AV Weapons (Sneak sneak peak)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Quiiliitiila, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Quiiliitiila

So I've been trolling around on the test server looking at the new MAX stuff (No the VS special ability is STILL not available) and I took a look at the new AV weapons.

THIS INFO IS NOT FINAL, IT IS ALL ON THE TEST SERVER AND IS IN NO WAY FINISHED AND MAY BE COMPLETELY CHANGED.

Now that that is settled, I'll get to explaining the weapons for each faction (The stats will come in another post, I'm not at my gaming computer right now :p)

TR- Pretty much a mini rocket launcher that has a very fast fire rate, low recoil and LOW damage. There are 2 rounds in a clip and it's very accurate with little drop.
    -The problem I see with this is that it's another rocket spam weapon for the TR, fairly bad alone, but in groups it will be very deadly.

NC- A laser guided rocket with very high damage and pinpoint accuracy. They function exactly like the AV mana turrets and fire faster than a fully certed turret. I BELIEVE that the reload time is around 4 seconds. The sound effect for them is pleasing as well :p
    - My beef with this is that they are slightly less powerful than the mana turret version, but the refire time is so much better than the turret that it out classes it completely. In my opinion it is the best of the 3 empire's new AV weapons.

VS- Two hand held mini lancers, TERRIBLE accuracy but fairly high dps if you can hit with all of your shots. They can be charged up for 3 levels just like the lancer. You can dumb-fire them with one charge each just like the lancer, but it's like firing an un-scoped lancer as well.
    - The problem I have with this weapon is the fact that in order to utilize it effectively, you MUST be right up on top of the vehicle you are targeting or else you WILL miss with a few of your shots. These weapons have the lowest TTK of the 3 empires, but quite frankly I don't know how useful they'll be in a real combat scenario. It's also disappointing because it's not even close to the Vanu vibe of mobility and accuracy, it's the exact opposite!
    Also, the weapon is not our normal claw gauntlet but rather a hand held pistol thing.

Again, please remember that these weapons are still on the test server and may be radically changed at any time.
  2. Dramma Lamma

The accuracy on the vs one is a ******* joke.

Out of 5 full clips fired on a galaxy at 80meters.

Only 3 shots hit.

If it does not get accuracy changes it might wind up being less use-full than the beamer.

Hopefully it gets looked at.
  3. kadney

Can you make a video of the NC thing? I can see all the tears yet. Mobile AV turret that doesn't have to be deployed? I wish TR had some.
  4. Quiiliitiila

I'll try, it'll be a while before I get back to my main computer. I've got classes this afternoon.
  5. Lorginir

now you know how TR weapon feel like :eek:
    abandon your hope, xeno worshiper.
  6. Ganjis

They ought to just make the NC one into a NS weapon, drop the others and leave it be. Laser-guided AV missile for a MAX? Yes please! That would actually be a menace for vehicles compared to the current options. Giving the TR what amounts to a Comet (by the sounds) and the VS a Lancer with terrible CoF (didn't we go through the discovery process that CoF on AV sniper makes it worthless?) is silly when you are going the NC a weapon that will actually perform its intended role well.
  7. Dreadnaught Wrex

Happy to see the TR AV is going to be what I expected.
  8. Quiiliitiila

In the Starfire's defense (yes it's called the Starfire, no it's nothing like the PS1 Starfire) it has BY FAR the shortest TTK than the others, it will be even shorter with the ZOE module (if they ever let us see it...). 2 clips uncharged from both guns will destroy just about anything you unload them onto. The problem is getting up close enough to hit :confused:
  9. Jkar

Dual Lancers on a MAX that can't aim properly at what he's shooting because the beams will cross over at some point and miss what you're aiming at. Even if they had no CoF you would only be effective at the range where the beams actually converge on.

Sounds like they really want to milk MAX players just so they will buy two new weapons, no matter how broken they are.

My personal thought on the matter would be to give MAX units viable one weapon options and I mean one weapon alone, not two different ones. A shoulder mounted heavy Lancer with a scope in option, like the current Lancer only with 6 charge levels for example. So left button would charge up and right would scope in.

Or if they really need to sell two weapons at any cost perhaps a secondary short range optional weapon for self defense like a sword or shield. The heavy shoulder mounted weapon would need to be accurate though as it is your current primary weapon.
  10. Dragonblood

The NC rocket launcher is most likely bugged. It will have just 1 shot not 5 until you need to reload.
  11. Quiiliitiila

Correct, it has a clip size of 1, but the reload time is still far to short for such a powerful weapon in my opinion...
  12. Dragonblood

It should be strong though....just not that much that you still have rocket in your magazine, after you destroyed a tank in about 7 seconds.
  13. BoogieHegdehog

The extended mags gives you six shots in each TR AV launcher. (Bugged?)
    Pair this with its short reload, and the RoF / Reload buff of lockdown and you have a 12 rocket spamming MAX with decent accuracy and a short long reload.
    God forbid that anyone figure out that by tapping R every few seconds, you activate the short reload which is near instantaneous, then you have an unlimited hailstorm of AV rockets coming from one. single. max. I'm TR, and I want this nerfed before release.
  14. Radec594

Hey, stop stealing my video's name :p

/shamelessplug
  15. Best AssassinAU